Author Topic: review of '02 patrol diesel, '02-03 fieldmaster pajero and '03 trooper skyroof  (Read 18697 times)

jfk

• View Profile
pls help...my dad can't decide which one to buy. what are the pros and cons of these cars? which is the best to buy. thanks guys!

Feeter Silverster

• cruise with me!
  • Hyundai Toyota Starex
    • View Profile
02 nissan patrol is the best among the 3, for me. big engine, with turbo intercooler (non-CRDI), very powerful, very fast, thrifty on fuel, good body design, high resale value... what else could you ask for?
the pajero is known for it's thriftiness on fuel, and is fast, not so powerful and the fieldmaster's design is like from the 90's era.
the trooper has good engine, powerful too but not that fast, loud engine sound and drinks fuel heavily (according to my friend who has a trooper). just like the pajero for having boxy body.
good luck for your purchase...

jel_s21

• View Profile
i agree with sir feeter nissan patrol is okay. btw that's one thing i hate about isuzu vehicles. sobrang lakas lumalaklak ng gas.

jfk

• View Profile
u guys are a big help...thanks feeter. btw, do u know by any chance the gas consumption of the patrol v6 gas? thanks

Evobaru

• Car nut
  • A Stig Wannabe
    • View Profile
I also agree with them..The Nissan Patrol is the best among the three of them..My uncle owns one and it's tough and reliable and not a gas-guzzler.. ;D
I'm a heavy smoker (of tires)...

av8or5

• View Profile
this post might have been too late, however, my choice would be eitehr patrol or fieldmaster.  wag na ang trooper skyroof edition.  I used to own one, sold it after 4 years.  it has a nice ride, its the most quiet in its class (inside the cabin), its more powerful than pajero at 160hp.  one major flaw of the trooper, it's a lemon.  many problems with 4jx1 trooper which is fuel injection, rail pressure control valve, rail pressure control valve sensor, etc that could add around P70K to replace and no guarantee that it will not come back.  oil gets to mix with diesel. etc.  just surf the net, ang dami complaints on this vehicle.  last month i learned that isuzu is replacing those things out of good will, but prior to that, many complained on this vehicle.

resale value also sucks!  back 2003 when i was deciding to buy 03 pajero or 03 trooper, the trooper cost about P60K more, but resale value right now..naku..ang laki difference between the two. around P150k pataas ang difference.

go with patrol or pajero...dont even think of the trooper.

Feeter Silverster

• cruise with me!
  • Hyundai Toyota Starex
    • View Profile
I have a friend here in quezon who have Isuzu Trooper. Since last December, it's got a very irritating sound, just like scraping rust underneath with matching sound effects like kinakalog na jolen. Sabi ng mechanic, may maluwag na bearing inside the exhaust system, which causes the irritating sounds, but the mechanic can't resolve the problem even after removing and rebuilding the exhaust system. Until now, it's still there. Whew!

GTi

• View Profile
Trooper for me, we own a 2002 model (without the sunroof) Its powerful, fast and spacious our FC is about 7.3km/l for mixed highway and city.  We never experienced those injector problems or weird noises.  Just follow maintenance schedules regularly, when changing oil we use only the one prescribed by Isuzu which is the reason we don't experience injector problems.  The Pajero's engine (being the oldest) is too weak but the looks are ok and space is, I think, more or less equal to the Trooper's.  About the Patrol I don't really recommend this one because the 3.0 diesel is to small for such a large body.  The 4.5V6 may be more appropriate but given the large displacement expect huge gas bills.  I also heard from some owners that it's not really very spacious inside despite having a large body.

wiggle

• View Profile
pick the patrol bro. we owned a trooper 2001, and its true its a fake car. sirain ang injector tlga, we replaced it twice, huh, PUTA tlga ang ISUZU. claiming that they are the pioneer and execellent in diesel. SO dont buy any ISUZU vehicle guys, subok na iSUZUKA mo sila.

Deyn Man

• View Profile
Trooper for me, we own a 2002 model (without the sunroof) Its powerful, fast and spacious our FC is about 7.3km/l for mixed highway and city.  We never experienced those injector problems or weird noises.  Just follow maintenance schedules regularly, when changing oil we use only the one prescribed by Isuzu which is the reason we don't experience injector problems.  The Pajero's engine (being the oldest) is too weak but the looks are ok and space is, I think, more or less equal to the Trooper's.  About the Patrol I don't really recommend this one because the 3.0 diesel is to small for such a large body.  The 4.5V6 may be more appropriate but given the large displacement expect huge gas bills.  I also heard from some owners that it's not really very spacious inside despite having a large body.

brother owned one and no problems... he was soo happy with it, he asked the company he worked for if he could buy it! better ride than the explorer he got. no problems about the injector, engine, etc.

but based on the posts, looks like madaming problema pala yung trooper. o well. i'd pick the fieldmaster (did you know the mitsubishi is still selling Fieldmasters now :o ). So in a way, if you do get one, "modelo" pa rin sya... heheheheh! ;D dunno though about consumption. i feel the patrol is a bit dated na kasi. though i hear they are uber reliable daw.

al_motor

• Retro car...retro bike.
  • tricycles:15kmh of progress on the 100kmh highway
    • View Profile
among them, it might be the fieldmaster that ends up the easiest to maintain.
Your car is only good for the days you can drive it.

Speed=Distance over time. The longer your car stays in the workshop, the slower it really is. :D

9hp  > 127hp

wiggle

• View Profile

our trooper is casa MAINTAINED, we are using synthetic oil from the dealer, its the BESCO oil for trroopper. cgur hindi pa lumalabas yun sira ng injector mo mr gti.  ;D

myk384

• Junior writer
    • View Profile
    • friendster
If you like being noticed, go with the Patrol. If Entertainment is your concern, get the Trooper

wiggle

• View Profile

yup easy to maintain ang mitsu diesel ng pajero, gya ng 95 strda namen, daming parts sa banawe, unlike ISUZU, huh, ewan ko ba. LEMON SUV ata hahaha

av8or5

• View Profile

yup easy to maintain ang mitsu diesel ng pajero, gya ng 95 strda namen, daming parts sa banawe, unlike ISUZU, huh, ewan ko ba. LEMON SUV ata hahaha

hahaha. we share the same sentiments bro.  mine was also casa maintained.