th images menu user export search eye clock list list2 arrow-left untitled twitter facebook googleplus instagram pinterest cross photos plus triangle-down triangle-up

Top Gear Philippines

Forgot your password or email?
Reset your password or look up your email
If you need further assistance, email us at help@topgear.com.ph

Author Topic: Anything goes...  (Read 278105 times)

sam.cruz

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes...
« Reply #1260 on: August 24, 2016, 01:56:09 PM »
hello guys, first time to post  :)

i need your advice, I'm planning to buy a 2nd/3rd hand car..my budget is limited and im just a regular employee..may 2 ako pinagpipilian ngayon ford focus 2006 sedan 1.6l vs. nissan sentra gs 2005..ano po ba mas ok kunin in terms of maintenance, performance, reliability, functionality etc.

Ford focus 2006 sedan
tiptronic tranny
103,000 mileage
need ng paint yung roof ng car
ok naman ang takbo, maayos naman
price: pwede ko sya makuha ng 170k

Nissan sentra GS 1.3
matic
70k mileage
ok din sya fresh at maayos takbo, wala na papaayos
mas mahal lang ng 5k
price: pwede ko makuha ng 175k

wala po ako alam sa cars, ano po ba mas sulit sa kanila? gusto ko ford kaso im worried sa maintenance and parts..as much as possible ayawko sumakit masyado ulo sa maintenance ng car kase limited lang budget ko at wala ko alam sa cars

jackestacado

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes...
« Reply #1261 on: November 21, 2016, 04:39:01 PM »
Last Wednesday Nov 16, 2016, I was driving with friends along SLEX going to Tagaytay, when I got a flat tire which was due to a sharp metal object that got stuck while driving along SLEX. A normal instinct for any driver is to stop & assess the damage so as to prevent any further damage I stopped at the left most lane of the highway and alighted the car to check the damage. Immediately, one of my friends saw a patrol car and asked for their help, they approached us and insisted to help. They helped us move to the right most part of the highway so we can be assisted, they even insisted to change the tires themselves. I was asked for my license so they can have it recorded. Out of good faith I gave my license since they have helped us, but Apolono Ylarde (patrol man) said that I would have to get my license at Lipa, Batangas because of obstruction. I told him I live in Quezon city, and should not be penalized since the stall was because of an accident. I felt that I was scammed and should have not accepted their help. My friends have tried to convince him that the violation didn't make any sense. But he still insisted on the violation and left us, with my license with him.

I have checked and asked many of my friends and none of them couldn't connect the violation and the accident. I also check the LTO website to verify the violation:

76. Obstruction obstructing the free passage of other vehicles on the highway while discharging or taking passengers or loading and unloading freight, or driving a motor vehicle in such a manner as to obstruct or impede the passage of any vehicle
TRAFFIC VIOLATION AND ADMINISTRATIVE FEES AND CHARGES

How can I get even?

Forgot your password or email?
Reset your password or look up your email
If you need further assistance, email us at help@topgear.com.ph