Author Topic: Show Us Your Ride!  (Read 120617 times)

al_motor

• Retro car...retro bike.
  • tricycles:15kmh of progress on the 100kmh highway
    • View Profile
Re: Show Us Your Ride!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 07:50:43 AM »
mr hitchhiker,a few comments on your car, sir:
-the paintjob is effeminate
-the chrome wheels look out of place on a civic.
-the lambo doors...belong to a lambo, not a civic
-the front fender vents, what do they do?
-the rear spoiler, what does it do?
Your car is only good for the days you can drive it.

Speed=Distance over time. The longer your car stays in the workshop, the slower it really is. :D

9hp  > 127hp

GhostHunter

• Project JDM
  • Auto-LPG equipped. Saving money since 2006.
    • View Profile
    • TSIKOT.COM
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 08:17:57 AM »

ouch! ... but so true... more rice than anything.

scuderia_ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 10:24:27 AM »

Cant we just appreciate the works done to the car? :( Is it really that necessary that every modification we put on a car has to have an effect to its aerodynamics? Cant we just appreciate the car for its being? So what if there are Lambo doors on a Civic? I dont see anything wrong with it. As long as the car looks good, it does not really matter if it is aerodynamic or not. As long as it can turn heads, its alright with me. ;)

crosswind_sportivo

• (^_^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 10:44:36 AM »
In whatever case, I think the Civic is still cool. ü

al_motor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 11:45:11 PM »
Cant we just appreciate the works done to the car? :( Is it really that necessary that every modification we put on a car has to have an effect to its aerodynamics? Cant we just appreciate the car for its being? So what if there are Lambo doors on a Civic? I dont see anything wrong with it. As long as the car looks good, it does not really matter if it is aerodynamic or not. As long as it can turn heads, its alright with me. ;)

are modifications all merely about aerodynamics? modifications are supposed to be things you do to improve the car overall. can you tell me in what way the car changed, apart from "looks" with the things done to it? can you seriously tell me if the change was actually an improvement, with all due consideration to both functionality and taste?

turn heads? i would like that for the right reasons. wouldn't you?

just my own opinion sir. :) tuning a car might also be viewed as an expression of character. just curious what the owner had in mind when he modified his car. i'm not hating.

follow up questions:
1. how about you sir, do you find the paint scheme manly or womanly? be honest.

2. the civic is a sporty economy car. are chrome wheels a luxury or sport item?

3. the civic, being functional as a 4-door car and of a standard width...is it so wide that it needs doors that open vertically?

4. where do those vents lead to/from? what purpose do they serve apart from make the civic look like a Z3 which it is not?

5. the civic is a front wheel drive car. do front wheel drive cars benefit from tall rear wings?

Speed=Distance over time. The longer your car stays in the workshop, the slower it really is. :D

9hp  > 127hp

scuderia_ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 10:49:19 AM »

are modifications all merely about aerodynamics? modifications are supposed to be things you do to improve the car overall. can you tell me in what way the car changed, apart from "looks" with the things done to it? can you seriously tell me if the change was actually an improvement, with all due consideration to both functionality and taste?

turn heads? i would like that for the right reasons. wouldn't you?

just my own opinion sir. :) tuning a car might also be viewed as an expression of character. just curious what the owner had in mind when he modified his car. i'm not hating.

follow up questions:
1. how about you sir, do you find the paint scheme manly or womanly? be honest.

2. the civic is a sporty economy car. are chrome wheels a luxury or sport item?

3. the civic, being functional as a 4-door car and of a standard width...is it so wide that it needs doors that open vertically?

4. where do those vents lead to/from? what purpose do they serve apart from make the civic look like a Z3 which it is not?

5. the civic is a front wheel drive car. do front wheel drive cars benefit from tall rear wings?

First of all, I dont know this guy who owns the Civic. So I cant really tell you in what ways the car has changed except its looks. Lets agree on that. I dont know this guy and vice versa.

Here are my opinions/answers on the questions you have posted:

1. It can be manly or womanly-depends on how you look at it. Maybe its his girlfriends idea to make it look like that. Or probably its his own taste. (Just like me, I would love to have my car have a Winnie The Pooh kind of paint job to make it look girlish.) There are just some men who likes girly things. Maybe he is one of them. ;)

2. Sport item. We can put any color of rims to a car, anyway. My Lancer is a good example. Same with his, its an economy car yet it has 18" chrome to give it the 'bling-bling' factor.

3. Hey, if it werent for the price of Lambo doors or Scissor doors, I would have installed my Lancer a Lambo door just for the looks of it and just for the chance to turn heads.

4. Dunno. Maybe they lead to nowhere-land. Purpose: Make the car look better even though it doesnt have the engine power to back it up. Just like what I saw on a bodykit website a few weeks ago, a Nissan Cefiro was kitted to make it look like  a BMW 5-Series. Complete with every little detail even though the engine is just the Cefiro's old engine.

5. As what I have said, it really dont matter what those spoilers are for. As long as they look good and increases one's ego, its fine with me. :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 10:50:54 AM by scuderia_ferrari »

al_motor

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 12:28:59 PM »
1. oh yes, very manly but girly? aren't those contradicting? please decide, manly or womanly. you don't have to be polite, just honest. :)

2. so bling bling is sporty now.  :o where in racing have you seen chrome wheels? playstation maybe? last i checked it was with the hiphop community and not on racetracks.

3. it's ok i have seen worse...lambo doors on a ferrari. perhaps on a japanese economy car it's not so bad then? hehe.

4-5. oh well. that's you.

like i said, what you do to your car reflects who you are.

as i have read once a long time ago in another forum, very classic quote: "money cannot buy taste."  ;D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 05:18:39 PM by Carmela Ortiz-Kaewdaeng »

9hp  > 127hp

crosswind_sportivo

• (^_^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 01:49:43 PM »
We're in a free country anyway (or so I thought). It's just a matter of personal expression by either the ride's owner or a preference by his girlfriend...no big deal. Just sharing my personal opinion regarding this thing, folks.  :)

scuderia_ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 09:47:57 AM »
1. oh yes, very manly but girly? aren't those contradicting? please decide, manly or womanly. you don't have to be polite, just honest. :)

2. so bling bling is sporty now.  :o where in racing have you seen chrome wheels? playstation maybe? last i checked it was with the hiphop community and not on racetracks.

3. it's ok i have seen worse...lambo doors on a ferrari. perhaps on a japanese economy car it's not so bad then? hehe.

4-5. oh well. that's you.

like i said, what you do to your car reflects who you are.

as i have read once a long time ago in another forum, very classic quote: "money cannot buy taste."  ;D

1. Just like I said before, it depends. It can be manly for me and girly for you or vice versa.

2. Doesnt matter, really.  I dont think he will race his car in a racetrack, considering the mods hes done with the car. Maybe he'll just use it for illegal drag races in his area.

Belated Happy Hearts Day, sir. :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 05:19:05 PM by Carmela Ortiz-Kaewdaeng »

GhostHunter

• Project JDM
  • Auto-LPG equipped. Saving money since 2006.
    • View Profile
    • TSIKOT.COM
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 10:30:37 AM »
here's mine taken from a recent eb:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/miketejero/urzula_smaller.jpg

just a word of experience, best to edit the picture to remove the plate number before posting it on the internet.  You never know...  ;)

scuderia_ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 10:06:08 PM »
Nice car! ;)

legend2destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 10:12:00 PM »
Just want to share me & my fort as well! ;D