Cant we just appreciate the works done to the car? Is it really that necessary that every modification we put on a car has to have an effect to its aerodynamics? Cant we just appreciate the car for its being? So what if there are Lambo doors on a Civic? I dont see anything wrong with it. As long as the car looks good, it does not really matter if it is aerodynamic or not. As long as it can turn heads, its alright with me.
are modifications all merely about aerodynamics? modifications are supposed to be things you do to improve the car overall. can you tell me in what way the car changed, apart from "looks" with the things done to it? can you seriously tell me if the change was actually an improvement, with all due consideration to both functionality and taste?
turn heads? i would like that for the right reasons. wouldn't you?
just my own opinion sir. tuning a car might also be viewed as an expression of character. just curious what the owner had in mind when he modified his car. i'm not hating.
follow up questions:
1. how about you sir, do you find the paint scheme manly or womanly? be honest.
2. the civic is a sporty economy car. are chrome wheels a luxury or sport item?
3. the civic, being functional as a 4-door car and of a standard width...is it so wide that it needs doors that open vertically?
4. where do those vents lead to/from? what purpose do they serve apart from make the civic look like a Z3 which it is not?
5. the civic is a front wheel drive car. do front wheel drive cars benefit from tall rear wings?
First of all, I dont know this guy who owns the Civic. So I cant really tell you in what ways the car has changed except its looks. Lets agree on that. I dont know this guy and vice versa.
Here are my opinions/answers on the questions you have posted:
1. It can be manly or womanly-depends on how you look at it. Maybe its his girlfriends idea to make it look like that. Or probably its his own taste. (Just like me, I would love to have my car have a Winnie The Pooh kind of paint job to make it look girlish.) There are just some men who likes girly things. Maybe he is one of them.
2. Sport item. We can put any color of rims to a car, anyway. My Lancer is a good example. Same with his, its an economy car yet it has 18" chrome to give it the 'bling-bling' factor.
3. Hey, if it werent for the price of Lambo doors or Scissor doors, I would have installed my Lancer a Lambo door just for the looks of it and just for the chance to turn heads.
4. Dunno. Maybe they lead to nowhere-land. Purpose: Make the car look better even though it doesnt have the engine power to back it up. Just like what I saw on a bodykit website a few weeks ago, a Nissan Cefiro was kitted to make it look like a BMW 5-Series. Complete with every little detail even though the engine is just the Cefiro's old engine.
5. As what I have said, it really dont matter what those spoilers are for. As long as they look good and increases one's ego, its fine with me.