Author Topic: best SUV to buy  (Read 21973 times)

Deianne

• View Profile
best SUV to buy
« on: December 20, 2011, 12:42:36 PM »
guys

i'm new here. help naman which is mas worth bilhin in terms of comfort for long driving, engine performance & safety. monty gtv, 3.0 fort or santa fe. for family used.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

rdjl_13

• View Profile
Re: best SUV to buy
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 02:24:12 PM »
Because the Santa Fe is included in your choices, that's my choice as long as it's the e-VGT regardless if it's the 4x2 or 4x4. Even in 4x2, it will outrun the Fort and Monty. And comfort? Of course the Santa Fe wins because it does not have a truck-like chassis (ladder-frame? not sure about the term). Safety, I think it's a tie.

Just MY two cents. :)

Deianne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 10:33:18 AM »
Thank you sir for some hints!

Actually, SF is my top priority but I'm not sure of it's durability is reliable is case of collision or roll-over.

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 01:31:40 PM »
Thank you sir for some hints!

Actually, SF is my top priority but I'm not sure of it's durability is reliable is case of collision or roll-over.

Sir, the Santa Fe R-eVGT is the only current midsize 7-seater SUV/CUV out there that provides you 5-year warranty, all the others, apart from the German Volkswagen, are just on a 3-year or 100,000 km vadility.

To further impressed upon you also, the Santa Fe R-eVGT is a certified Euro NCAP and US NCAP 5-star safety rated car against severe impact.... It's equipped with airbags all around. Read more about the Santa Fe.

By the way, it won't roll-over easily unlike the Forty or the Monty as it's wider than them (but not longer than them). In fact, it has the best manoeuvring manners amongst them all in terms of high-speed straight-line stability (the safety limit imposed for the stock tires of the Fe is 190 kph) and cornering. It can easly cover that 190 kph even hile only revving at 3392 rpm. At around 3840 rpm (just a tad over the 3800 rpm where 197 peak hp of the Fe is located by paper-spec) it is speeding at 215 kph. Sources however say that you have to change the stock-tires for better ones designed to take on those speeds....

Also (pala hehe), the Hyundai's and Kia's when you compare their turbochargers against their contemporary Jap diesel SUV models, the Koreans are equipped with 3rd-generation variable-geometry turbos compared to the 1st generation that comes with the Japanese, they is why their boosting is optimised as there is no more to nil back-pressure from their turbos unlike those of the Japs....

Four (4) of my geologist friends and an engineer ended up or chose the Hyundai's (Santa Fe and/or Tucson R-eVGT) over their other options that included the Fortuner, MonteroSport, Alterra, Captiva, Everest, Sorento (price-wise), Sportage, X-Trail, CRV, Rav 4 etc.... Now, all they do is rave about their Hyundai's, by the way ;)

If you're not in a hurry, wait for the all-new 2012/2013 VM Motori-engineered 2.8-litre Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV when it arrives here in Philippines this 3rd quarter (reservations starts) to 4th quarter 2012 together with the 2012 Chevy Colorado pickup.

http://youtu.be/izIzfbLJKCQ

Goodluck sir....

noriel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 08:41:45 PM »
pls. help me to choose.. ford explorer 2013; santa fe 2013; for long driving, fuel efficiency and safety... thnx in advance  :)

d.lake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 08:58:04 AM »
long drive pareho masarap yan. fuel efficiency it will be santa fe. diesel tapos 2.2 lang. mas magaan pa

noriel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 11:35:06 AM »
pero ung explorer is 2.0 ecoboost un nga lng po gasoline...

d.lake

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 06:09:01 PM »
pero ung explorer is 2.0 ecoboost un nga lng po gasoline...

mas fuel efficient pa rin ang santa fe. pag 4x2 santa fe, ang layo ng price sa explorer. pang gas na rin yun. pinakalamang ng explorer ay space. if you need the space, explorer. kung hindi naman, santa fe na

claytonispro

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 01:39:28 PM »
Whatever you do DON'T buy the fortuner cause it has u safe brakes. Front discs as rear drums. The montero, buy the GTV or GLS-V cause it has four wheel disc brakes