Author Topic: Mitsubishi Fuzion vs Toyota Innova vs Isuzu Crosswind  (Read 18123 times)

ejaemagno29

• Loving life.
    • View Profile
Mitsubishi Fuzion vs Toyota Innova vs Isuzu Crosswind
« on: February 18, 2012, 12:20:20 AM »
Were a family of 6, however my older brother is an OFW so hes not often here, and the 6th member is a one-year old angel.  Its going to be our first purchase of a brand new car. We used to have an owner-type jeep during that hey-day of jeeps but it already retired for more than 5 years already. We just recently transferred to Las Pias and a vehicle is somehow a must since almost all of us works/studies in Manila. So basically the vehicle will be for city driving and occasionaly long drives to near provinces.

Were looking into these three vehicles Mitsubishi Fuzion, Toyota Innova, and Isuzu Sportivo. The size of these vehicles will fit us, plus few other relatives which might need some ride at times. More than the size, were looking for something which is very fuel efficient. I heard the Sportivo runs on 30km/liter. I dont know about the others.  The Fuzion, having no Diesel variant, i think is last. Im also not sure whether to get a Diesel or a Gasoline vehicle.  Is it right that the Diesel is more of an advantage because it can run for longer kilometers than gasoline engines, however of a disadvantage because spare parts of diesel engines are more expensive? Which is more important? Where does the Innova play on this part? I hope you can clear this for me.

I also have this one concern that I noticed in TopGear comments that the Innova is not a better choice for city driving since public vehicle drivers respects you less. I will be a first time driver upon purchase so Im kinda worried about this also.

When it comes to the price, the Sportivo AT is almost the same priced as the Innova (2012) 2.5V Dsl A/T at 1.2M. The Fuzion GLS Sport A/T is not far with 1.150M.

Anyway, Im hoping for your kind comments and further suggestions on my queries.

Thank you very much Top Gear PH!
<iframe src="http://fapa.launchpad6.com/embed342" style="border-style:none;width:640px;height:360px;overflow:hidden" > </iframe>

Feeter Silverster

• cruise with me!
  • Hyundai Toyota Starex
    • View Profile
Re: Mitsubishi Fuzion vs Toyota Innova vs Isuzu Crosswind
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 09:10:06 PM »
Innova na, kung may budget, don't think twice. Pero kung medyo conservative eh medyo malaki ang Sportivo. Pero look at the price, kung di naman malaki ang difference eh sa Innova na kayo. Much better ang innova. Pareho naman silang diesel at di naman totoo yung mahal ang parts ng diesel, nasa tamang pag aalaga lang yan.

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »
get a diesel powered innova, a manual or matic transmission will do. The maintenance cost is a bit higher compared to that of the gas variants but the fuel savings can make it up for it. The sportivo is a good car but it is too old and overpriced. If only the mitsubishi fuzion came in a diesel variant I will recommend it over the innova but sadly it is only offered in gas guzzling 2.4 non mivec gas engines.

The innova's value-for-money is enough reason for you to choose it over the accessorized sportivo. It is true that you couldn't have as much respect  on the road from the PUV's when you're driving an innova but so is in the fuzion and sportivo due to their ubiquity.

A left field choice would be the  kia carens ex crdi @ a little more than a million pesos 
member: Elantra Pinas
cvvt/d-cvvt/ird-e/i-vtec/iForceVVT-i/re-vgt/Ti-VCT

mindkinetic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 12:35:34 PM »
i agree with the two gentlemen ; innova is the best pick. it has a higher horsepower at 102 vs the sportivo's 82hp ( very trivial) and the torque of the innova is @ 200 vs the sportiva @ merely 189. the factor that will make you decide is the fact that it's a toyota , therefore expect maintenance to be relatively cheaper due to the availability of parts ( genuine and replacements).
BMW 320d idrive
Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.5 duramax
suzuki swift

ejaemagno29

• Loving life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 02:46:14 AM »
Thanks for the replies, sirs. Innova really is top choice for most. Anyway, I'm including Kia Carens and Nissan Grand Livina on the choices and scratching out Sportivo (overpriced and too old) and Fuzion (Not really fuel-efficient)

Does anyone know the price range for the Grand Livina? I've been searching for it but there seems to be none available on their site.

The Carens looks good, I somehow like it more than the Innova. I haven't seen the interior though. What is the difference of the CRDi engine with Toyota's D4D?

I also forgot this question, what's the difference with the G, E, V, and J variants of the Toyota vehicles? What do they stand for? I'm guessing J is for the entry-level types, and V is the most luxurious, but what are their real difference?

thanks thanks!
<iframe src="http://fapa.launchpad6.com/embed342" style="border-style:none;width:640px;height:360px;overflow:hidden" > </iframe>

Feeter Silverster

• cruise with me!
  • Hyundai Toyota Starex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 09:30:28 PM »
Ok din po ang Grand Livina, pero gas po ito at para siyang pinalaking Honda Jazz. Kung ok sa inyo ang gasoline eh mag Grand Livina na kayo. Lesser on the road kaso medyo mahal ang pyesa kasi Nissan, medyo hindi na practical.
Innova and Caren's engine were both CRDI, D4D nga lang ang tawag ng Toyota pero mas malakas ng engine ng kia Carens though mababa ang ground clearance parang kotse lang.
Di ko din sure kung 7 seater ang Kia Carens.
Best bet pa rin ang Innova na diesel, just the right vehicle I think.

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 10:09:24 PM »
sir feeter was able to answer a lot of your queries :)

and yes he is right that despite the lower displacement, the carens is a lot more powerful than the innova because of its more modern diesel engine. If ground clearance doesn't matter then the carens fits the bill, it is also a 7seater mpv like the grand livina and innova.

the variants of the toyota innova differ only in specifications and available equipment as well as colors. You are right that the base model is the J grade which features single airbag, hubcaps and as far as i know- non-power windows. The E grade is the middle variant which has mag wheels, better interior fabrics and power features. The G grade has more luxurious interiors, more safety features and more bells and whistles that you cannot find in the low end variants. The top-of-the-line V grade is like the innova G but with captain chairs for the middle row and more chrome and leather seats, it is only available in automatic transmissions for both gas and diesel variants.

by the way here are the pricelist for the grandlivina
http://www.topgear.com.ph/buyers-guide/cars/nissan/grand-livina/xv-elegance
http://www.topgear.com.ph/buyers-guide/compare/820/821/

ejaemagno29

• Loving life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 12:55:26 PM »
Wow topgear really is the place for people who are noob in cars. Haha

I kind of have a contact already with a Toyota dealer. He said the G has standard seats with fabric material, G has beige interior, keyless entry with alarm, and fog lamps. E has grey interior, no keyless entry and alarm, central locking only. Then he suggested for me to get the E variant then there's an additional 9k for the alarm and keyless entry. Is his suggestion a good deal?

I'm convinced that a Diesel Toyota Innova is the best pick. Haha. The last deciding factor to consider -- if we can afford already. Haha. Btw sirs, I'm 21yo only. :)

Thanks for all of you who answered my questions and fed my curious young mind :)

Cheers!

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 12:34:49 AM »
to add a little spice why not get the  innova sport runner which is basically an innova E with visual upgrades

patrick_j

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 04:04:25 PM »
Wow topgear really is the place for people who are noob in cars. Haha

I kind of have a contact already with a Toyota dealer. He said the G has standard seats with fabric material, G has beige interior, keyless entry with alarm, and fog lamps. E has grey interior, no keyless entry and alarm, central locking only. Then he suggested for me to get the E variant then there's an additional 9k for the alarm and keyless entry. Is his suggestion a good deal?

I'm convinced that a Diesel Toyota Innova is the best pick. Haha. The last deciding factor to consider -- if we can afford already. Haha. Btw sirs, I'm 21yo only. :)

Thanks for all of you who answered my questions and fed my curious young mind :)

Cheers!

The E is a good choice, with an additional 9k for the alarms and keyless entry? it's a good offer already. Though, you could get cheaper alarm and keyless entry systems outside, it wouldn't be included in toyota's warranty already. the only major thing the E lacks that the G has are foglamps. go for it!

ejaemagno29

• Loving life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 12:22:25 AM »
@maranello_5775 Oops that's a new one right there. What's the Innova Sport Runner? Beside what you've mentioned, how is it differnet from the Innova E? And why is it not usually on the pricelist? hahaa How will I know the price for that?

@Partick_j thanks for your comment :)

patrick_j

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 10:07:54 AM »
no problema but you might want to wait for the new face-lifted innova. we just purchased one last december 29, back then, i had no news that a new one was on its way. too bad.

ejaemagno29

• Loving life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 11:50:52 AM »
Yeap, I've actually been eyeing the 2012 Innova. It's already available in the market. And i already saw one here in one of the malls near our place. I just didn't get a chance to check on the interior cause I was hurrying that time.

patrick_j

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 02:09:50 PM »
makes me feel bad. lol. though, i think it has the same engine

ejaemagno29

• Loving life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 10:28:18 PM »
I'm tagging Chevrolet Orlando versus the Innova. I've always dreamt of having a Chevy. And maybe this is it. It's in the same range as the Innova. Just that it has only one variant - a 1.8 liter 6 speed A/T engine.

Diesel vs Gas - isn't the price almost the same nowadays? Or in a tolerable difference? I think Gas is more powerful than Diesel and it's more earth friendly.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot.