Author Topic: Subaru XV, Mazda CX5, or Mitsu ASX?  (Read 5117 times)

jamzv

• View Profile
Subaru XV, Mazda CX5, or Mitsu ASX?
« on: April 30, 2012, 08:34:33 am »
Which one would you prefer?

Troy

• View Profile
Re: Subaru XV, Mazda CX5, or Mitsu ASX?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 03:03:04 pm »
XV. Why? Simply because bagong bago sya. Bago sa paningin ng mga tao.

atmar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 03:44:05 pm »
ako cx5....kasi mas maganda sya sa mata ko.

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:13:27 pm »
cx5 for me, looks a bit like the tucson ix
member: Elantra Pinas
cvvt/d-cvvt/ird-e/i-vtec/iForceVVT-i/re-vgt/Ti-VCT

bvnzn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 09:21:54 pm »
I prefer the Subaru XV because it's very unique looking compared to a CX5 or the ASX. Both look common with almost box type bodies. The XV is also very sporty looking.

But for practical reason Id go for the CX5 because it is quite fuel efficient for an SUV like that going up to 11km/l as I've heard.

The ASX got old real quick and is not even worth looking at anymore. Id yawn and rather get pissed off at public utility vehicles loading passengers in the middle of the road. 

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 11:15:06 pm »
But for practical reason Id go for the CX5 because it is quite fuel efficient for an SUV like that going up to 11km/l as I've heard. 

Malayong matipid pa pala sir ang Dmax 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ manual-tranny ko diyan....

Metro Manila driving = 12.4 km per litre at diesel pa  ;D

bvnzn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 03:37:24 am »
Dmax vs. CX5.. haha quite a comparo. Still, the Dmax is only up by 1km/l. Id still go for the CX5 dahil brand new at di hamak mas maganda. Id still prefer an SUV rather than a pick-up truck. Medyo bumababa na rin price ng unleaded gas, kaya ok na rin for the value. at since unleaded sya, maintenance isn't that burdensome. But I have to admit the Dmax has a lot of postives as well.

dave_d

• I love Car
    • View Profile
    • For Sale in the Philippines
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 07:54:52 pm »
sabaru XV and mitsu ASX looks good but, mazda CX5 is the best because looks elegant and  i think it is affordable compare to the sabaru XV..   :)

d.lake

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 07:19:59 pm »
subaru XV. mas sporty at iba ang panlabas. parang tucson lang din yung CX-5 e. ASX naman, medyo luma na

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 07:30:32 pm »
Dmax vs. CX5.. haha quite a comparo. Still, the Dmax is only up by 1km/l. Id still go for the CX5 dahil brand new at di hamak mas maganda. Id still prefer an SUV rather than a pick-up truck. Medyo bumababa na rin price ng unleaded gas, kaya ok na rin for the value. at since unleaded sya, maintenance isn't that burdensome. But I have to admit the Dmax has a lot of postives as well.

Hahahaha!  ;D

Tama ka chief, kahit naman ako sir, sa CX-5 ako ah.... Di na pinag-iisipan pa ng magdamagan yan haha!  ;D

Cheers!

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 07:45:02 pm »

Kung sanang ang Suzuki Motor Philippines nagbebenta din ng 2.7-litre V6 Grand Vitara compact SUV, mas marami sana pagpipilihan amongst gasoline-fed CUV/SUV.... It comes with a 185 hp engine

Scored this truly mint 2nd-hand Grand Vitara in Australia just last month. To top it of, it comes with a Diamond Warranty on parts and labour up to 225,000 km.

Before i bought it, i had it inspected by an RAA car inspector to make sure i am doing the right thing. The verdict after 2.5 hours of thorough checkup was: Hey mate, you have got to get this. You will enjoy this for a very long time. You really know how to look on cars eh!

Napaka-ganda ng handling, road hugging at speeds (as always expected about Suzuki as evidenced on its dirtbikes) at ang responsiveness ng engine....

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:47:14 pm by dtkiko »

carwiki

• Administrator of Team TopGear Philippines (TTGPh)
  • Prancing Horse, Jr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 08:06:47 pm »
@dtkiko

4WD pala sir yung Grand Vitara. Akala ko AWD lang  :)

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 08:19:26 pm »
@dtkiko

4WD pala sir yung Grand Vitara. Akala ko AWD lang  :)

Yes sir, all-time 4WD chief. It is not a soft-offroader AWD sabi ng mga Aussie dito, unlike the Subaru Forester daw, or others like the Toyota Rav 4, and all other 4x4 CUV and compact SUV within its class, etc.... Pero ewan ko talaga sir, though I was also looking into the Forester a while back until i decided on this V6 Grand Guitara instead haha! ;D

Normal driving: 4-high (35% front, 65% rear traction distribution)

Serious off-road driving: 4-high Lock (50 : 50 front-and-rear traction engagement)

Extreme off-roading: 4-low Lock

It also comes with a ladder-frame chassis integrated monocoquely ---- maganda ang chassis niya sir eh, hindi out-rigged gaya ng mga pickups kundi integrated ang unibody niya into a soild ladder-frame kaya mas matibay ito kaysa iba.... That's why it still drives like a car, lalo na sa mga curbada. You won't feel it bulky unlike a Landcrusier Prado etc.

Pero sir, yari pa man ultra-capable 4x4 kilala ang mga Vitara's in general, di ko naman lalaspagin ito sa outback dito haha!  ;D

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:31:24 pm by dtkiko »

carwiki

• Administrator of Team TopGear Philippines (TTGPh)
  • Prancing Horse, Jr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 09:02:45 pm »
Ah! Kasi yung Tucson kasi namin may 4WD kaso LOCK mode lang. Pero may 4x4 talaga kami.

neotech93

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 09:42:46 pm »
In my opinion the CX5 wins hands down. Its got the space, the driving dynamics, and the well-documented Skyactiv engine. To tell you the truth, I was a bit skeptical about the benefits of Skyactiv until I actually was able to drive one. Let's just say it put a very, very big smile on my face. It was a friends CX5 and over the 2 weeks he's had it, he's been logging in at 12-13km/L using the Nitro Racing of Shell. For around 1.5Mil, you really can't beat what the CX5 has to offer. The design is only a bonus really. The only problem with it now is the "long-term" of the Skyactiv engine. It's a first-generation engine so parts and other aftermarket concerns will really come from the casa and long-term reliability hasn't been documented yet.

Pessimistically, the performance could only be for a while then after a year or so problems start to show. But that's just a negative thought. In my case, I can look past these flaws because the CX5 is such a good car and I know that Mazda can deliver what it promises. I should know, I too own a Mazda  ;D

The XV is really good too but I just find it too small for the price. And the ASX, I don't like the looks. To put it bluntly, it looks like a Lancer in hatchback form with a high ride height.
MazdaSpeed MX5
Nissan Terrano
Toyota Fortuner
Aston Martin One-77 ....I wish ;)