Author Topic: Nissan Xtrail or Ford Escape?  (Read 11489 times)

Elimac

• View Profile
Nissan Xtrail or Ford Escape?
« on: June 28, 2012, 08:52:34 PM »
Hi Guys!

I'm planning to buy (on September) a second hand car. I'm currently deciding between Nissan's Xtrail 2008 or Ford's Escape 2008. I used to own a Ford Everest 2006 MT. My biggest problem is shifting from manual transmission to automatic. I'll be driving it from home to work (and some occassional out of town trips). I know that there's a big gap between a full-blown SUV and a mini one, but I'm really looking of having a car that would slightly fair well with SUVs. I like speed and control in my soon to be car. I am really having a very hard time deciding which car to buy. And I'm also taking into account that I'm somewhat financially constrained :)

d.lake

• View Profile
Re: Nissan Xtrail or Ford Escape?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 10:34:12 PM »
sir, can you find other cars na late 2009 or 2010. para sigurado tayo free from ondoy victim :D

Elimac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 11:29:02 AM »
09 Xtrail and Escape? :) I really don't have any other car/s on mind. I don't want to drive a sedan because of the height, so this leaves me to choose between a mini SUV and a full-blown one. SUVs such as everest, montero and the rest are quite expensive (than the budget I assigned for the new car). I am actually hoping for a mini SUV that costs not more than 550k :) So there, I'm really having a hard time deciding which is which.

I haven't thought of that. Is it hard to determine if a car is flooded or not? I have to find a good mechanic for that if that's the case.

d.lake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »
same with you sir. im also not into sedan because of height. i think these 2 models you choose are ok. if you'll ask me, i also can't decide. but in my opinion, escape has additional macho looks than xtrail :) but im just reminding you about ondoy flood. you should inspect it carefully, and yes, bring someone who is an expert for that. :) i think it's sept 2009. when ondoy strikes

ivanhoe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 04:32:37 PM »
I would go for the Xtrail more than the Escape for the looks. One thing about Ford cars or SUVs is the electronic ignition key. So if you decide to go for Escape, it better has the spare key with it. Those electronic keys alone are so expensive if you ever need to buy one. Of course, watch out for leaks under the hood. That would also cost much if ever you failed to spot such problem.

Elimac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 05:38:46 PM »
Thanks d.lake! :) Yeah, escape really looks better. But then, Xtrail had been in the market for some quite time now. This only means one thing, that it has proven itself worthy to stay.

Thanks ivanhoe! What specific leaks are those?

d.lake

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 07:49:26 PM »
sure, you're welcome :) yeah, you have a point. goodluck in choosing :)

Elimac

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 04:33:20 PM »
Any other car suggestions? :) I'm not that familiar with other brands na kasi. I'm willing to try our other mini SUVs as long as they're good :)

d.lake

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 05:19:13 PM »
tucson, asx, sportage, captiva (a bit pricey)

Elimac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 09:57:58 PM »
tucson, asx, sportage, captiva (a bit pricey)

Tucson - I would love to have the 2010 look, but can't afford :))

ASX - Looks good but makitid than the model it coppied (Lancer)

Sportage - I'm have no idea/info about this car.

Captiva - Low gas consumption. And yes, PRICEY :))

Grabe, it's very hard to decide what to buy. Nako. Bili na lang ako ng bus.

d.lake

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 10:30:21 PM »
L3 na lang po hahaha joke :D i think it's hard to find sportage that is cheap. kasi mahal ang sportage dati compared with its competitors. recently lang nagkaroon ng 900,000+ na variant. so i don't think there is a second hand being offered. how about MPVs like avanza, innova, crosswind, adventure? or pick-up like strada, hilux, dmax? or JIMNY! ngayon ko lang naisip. not a sedan, mini SUV :D

reyjason

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 04:35:14 PM »
go for escape

Elimac

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 06:44:43 PM »
d.lake: Haha. L3 na! :)) Meron din kami nyan e. Haha. Yun nga, medyo pricey din ang Sportage. I'm not a fan of MPVs e. I am eyeing Hilux or strada. Kaso mas mahal sila ng 100k+ sa mga mini SUV :)

reyjason: Why Escape? As of now, pareho kong gusto ang Escape and Xtrail :)

d.lake

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 07:48:20 PM »
hindi ah. mas mura strada or hilux. yung lower variant nga lang, 800+k lang ang brand new. compared xtrail or escape na more than 1M. you can surely find cheaper one. :) check toyota and mitsu's site :)

Elimac

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 08:06:48 PM »
hindi ah. mas mura strada or hilux. yung lower variant nga lang, 800+k lang ang brand new. compared xtrail or escape na more than 1M. you can surely find cheaper one. :) check toyota and mitsu's site :)

Di ko alam yan ha! Haha. I'll go take a look nga. Sakto di kasi I go surfing from time to time and rough road minsan yung dinadaanan. Kaso, okay lang ba ang pick-up for city driving?

Update: Just checked out 2nd hand Stradas, it costs around 700k+ for 2009 model. As for Hilux 2009 model, around 650k+ naman. Xtrail and Escape kasi na 2008 nasa 550k+ lang.

Weird lang kasi, as you pointed out, mas mura ang brand new ng mga Hilux and Starda compared sa Xtrail and Escape. Pero ang resale value ng Hilux and Strada is higher than the mini SUVs.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:12:05 PM by Elimac »