Author Topic: Fortuner vs. montero sport  (Read 56047 times)

17Sphynx17

• View Profile
Re: Fortuner vs. montero sport
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »
The best is subjective. It is dependent on the user or in this case the would-be owner. Best selling is the Monty though kung sales ang usapan monthly.

Tama si d.lake, gusto mo naman pala Fort, okay yan. Walang naman talagang tipong nakapanghina sa tuhod na pwedeng sabihin laban sa dalawa.

May quirks. Power wise kasi at least umakyat na yung 2.5 Fort dahil sa VnT engine. May satnav na din tapos hindi na sobra light ng kulay ng dashboard so di na kasing dumihin.

Ako, dahil sa way I drive, the best for me at that price range is the Monty, admittedly may nasave kasi ako na konti din kasi mas mataas onti Fortuner interms of SRP e. hehe! Pero I don't think Monty is the best per se. I really love the new Explorer, even the 2.2 Ecoboost one, wish ko lang is dumating yung diesel. I think that is better than the Monty. hehe! O diba, best, kung mas may budget kami. Would I go higher up the bracket, personally for me, no more. Kasi anything beyond that price range of above 2.5 miliion is too extravagant na for me. hehe! =) Just a point I am trying to explain based on your concern of what is "best".

Brentot_22

• Toyota Motors Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »
Thanks d.lake and 17sphynx17 :)

Brentot_22

• Toyota Motors Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2012, 07:50:11 PM »
Cno na po ba nakamit sa inyo ng fort and monty ???And anong age po ba pwede kumuha ng license ???

Bhosxjoel_22

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »
For me fort is better than monty :P

Brentot_22

• Toyota Motors Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2012, 08:13:47 PM »
We are the same pala eh _22 din gamit mo fortuner din gusto mo :D

Brentot_22

• Toyota Motors Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2012, 09:04:23 PM »
May nababalitaan na po ba kayong lalabas na bagong model ng monty ???

d.lake

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 09:26:04 PM »
nakakaduling name nyo ah. parehong B___ _22. hahahaha.

16 for student permit, 17 for non-pro

for me monty din. we have one. yup, the advantage is subjective. hindi naman pangit ang fortuner para pigilan ka namin e. may mas maganda lang sakanya with regards to our opinion. actually parang 50-50 ang mga may gusto sa montero and fortuner e. ang hirap imeasure sino mas mabigat. and besides, upgraded na ang fortuner, so wala ka nang masyadong talo unlike yung mga naunang nakabili na 102hp pa ang engine at walang GPS

Brentot_22

• Toyota Motors Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 09:36:50 PM »
Now I think that not all of us are same in choicing a car,you like monty because you have a reason and I lke fort because I have a reason why I like it than the monty......Everyone have a personal decision in choicing and looking what is the beautiful and what is delicious :)

Now I will go to Fortuner.................... :P

d.lake

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 09:41:10 PM »
you got it dude :) everyone has its own personal choice. we can't convince you to buy monty if you really love fortuner :)

Brentot_22

• Toyota Motors Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 10:03:25 PM »
Siguro naman mas naging maganda na performance ng Fortuner ngayon because of the upgraded turbo,now it has VN turbo...ehehehehe Fortuner na talaga kukunin ko :D

17Sphynx17

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 10:09:11 PM »
Hehe! Then congratulations in advance on your purchase. =)

I don't find it as a need for a competition in the sense that just because you choose the other you are less of a person/car owner. It doesn't work like that. As for the performance, yes, I believe there is a significant improvement =)

Brentot_22

• Toyota Motors Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 10:13:59 PM »
Thanks 17sphynx17 :)

niky

• Clutch Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 12:07:33 PM »
Personally, while the old 2.5 Fort was dog slow, I never felt like it was a big problem. Di ka naman bumibili ng SUV para makipagkarera, di ba? And driving too fast in a Fort or a Monty is just asking for an accident. Daming pics naman diyan ng mga Fort at Monty na nag-roll-over or nag-crash.

Buy what you want and what you are comfortable driving. Important ang test drive. If the car doesn't call out to you, then even if it's the nicest car in the world, you will not be satisfied with the purchase.

Good luck sa pagbili!
Automobilis Horriblis

17Sphynx17

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2012, 12:47:42 PM »
I agree with niky that yes, we won't be driving our vehicles on edge which may seems odd though to some why we look for the additional hp and torque.

But my answer to that is, we at least know we have it on tap when we need and if we need in an emergency situation.

The hp and torque is accessbile based on the rev band, not on speed itself. As such, I maybe crawling pace but then a sudden emergency arises, then at least I can access as much of the powerband as I need to to get to my destination quicker and yet maintaining safety. Striking a balance I guess during those occasions is how I would put it.

Brentot_22

• Toyota Motors Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2012, 03:12:36 PM »
Thanks for your advice niky and 17sphynx17 :) :)