Author Topic: Hilux? Dmax? Navara? Ranger? Strada? 4x2 Pick Up Truck  (Read 34733 times)

dtkiko

• View Profile
Re: Hilux? Dmax? Navara? Ranger? Strada? 4x2 Pick Up Truck
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2012, 06:19:13 AM »

To the thread starter -
KalaBogs

Part 2 of 2

3. Asian Cross-Country Rally - Look at how this utility pickup is really built tough as nails and extremely reliable, even at the heat of demanding situations and abuse - it's simply indestructible!

http://youtu.be/3vT4CGmbZc8

4. Now here's a bone stock-looking D-max, apart from sets of big tires, shaming big-time these expensive bunch of Hummer 1 and 2, Jeep and Land Rover in hillclimbing abilities - For the D-max, it was just a walk down the park; it didn't even has to labour like the rest of them did.

At 5:58 min, the D-max let its engine do the talking....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzaVUumnmQQ&feature=colike

Video 2 of the same spot, with the Jeep and Land Rover on it. You'll also see the D-max here going up and down several times along the steep mountain slope as it was the one carrying in its tray the straps and ropes serving as extensions for the wiches....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6fq3BTfWJA&feature=share&list=ULS6fq3BTfWJA

Aside from all of the above videos, you get outstanding and the best fuel economy amongst all other midsize diesel utility pickups....

Cheers!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 02:32:01 PM by dtkiko »

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2012, 06:21:15 AM »

To the Thread Starter - KalaBogs

Received your latest private message re your enquiry about the ISUZU D-MAX RT-50.

If you're really into it, better wait for September 2013 when it's finally slated to be offered here in Philippines. Just learned about the 3rd quarter next year's thing from a fellow forumer at the other site (t-s-i-k-o-t philippines - put a dash in between the letters as Top Gear PH disables the site's name, even just a mere mention of it), that he chanced upon reading it in a national daily newspaper's business section what seems to be an official announcement by Isuzu Philippines about the scheduled arrival of this new D-max to our shores....

While you, as well as some of the others, are waiting for this new RT-50, might as well grab some of these videos re the Isuzu D-max with the older 3.0-litre 4JJ1-TCX engine - the one that comes with the hood-scoop and a VGT that looks exactly the same as our Philippine-Dmax with the standard 4JJ1-TC engine

In the meantime, enjoy the following videos that i posted.... Just click onto the youtube links....

Have a good weekend.

Cheers!

Part 1 of 2

Kahit saan mo dalhin, kumakana talaga ang Isuzu D-max!  ;)

1. Paris-Dakar Rally - 1st placer (or 1st to finish) diesel utility pickup under in the T1/T2 category in 2009 in its maiden voyage. And it was the only 4-cylinder entry amongst all V6 and V8 gasoline and diesel entries

At 4:50's min, the D-max came to the rescue of a Hummer trapped into the fine sand pits. Thereafter, it kept chugging up the mountains of Atacama Desert, the driest region on earth, while some of the others ceased to do so....

http://youtu.be/4obUjFp6ZPA

2. Asian Cross-Country Rally - Scores of D-max battling it out for the lead, along with other brands in hot pursuit

By 6:34 min, there were already three (3) D-max running in front pack and chasing one another....

http://youtu.be/43HNOl1-6Lw

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 02:41:55 PM by dtkiko »

aylaisabelle

• Evercool
  • Girl Offroader
    • View Profile
    • Metal Stamping
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »
For me, Navara parin ako..

been using this pick up for 3 years na ata..

No issues, ang bilis pa kayang kaya 180-200 Kph.

Woohoo

KalaBogs

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2012, 02:30:28 PM »
Chief dtkiko,

Thanks a lot for these bunch of infos.. Hayy! but i cant wait for it. hehe! Chief is it still rumor or did Isuzu confirm already that they will be bringing the RT-50 here?

Saludos,
KalaBogs

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2012, 03:34:46 PM »
dtkiko,

Thanks a lot for these bunch of infos.... Hayy! but i cant wait for it hehe! Is it still rumour or did Isuzu confirm already that they will be bringing the RT-50 here?

Saludos,
KalaBogs

It will be here next year, and it will look like this Sir KalaBogs

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n624/dtk1/D-maxwhite2.jpg

Opinion ko lang sir, uubusin ito ng mga Pinoy D-max'ers and some converts.... But, we also have to hear about Volkswagen and if the Amarok 2.0 TDi twin-turbo will also be here, as this pickup might be the strongest contender amongst all others....

Cheers! Have a great day.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:42:34 PM by dtkiko »

KalaBogs

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2012, 02:32:55 PM »
dtkiko,

Thanks a lot for these bunch of infos.... Hayy! but i cant wait for it hehe! Is it still rumour or did Isuzu confirm already that they will be bringing the RT-50 here?

Saludos,
KalaBogs

It will be here next year, and it will look like this Sir KalaBogs

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n624/dtk1/D-maxwhite2.jpg

Opinion ko lang sir, uubusin ito ng mga Pinoy D-max'ers and some converts.... But, we also have to hear about Volkswagen and if the Amarok 2.0 TDi twin-turbo will also be here, as this pickup might be the strongest contender amongst all others....

Cheers! Have a great day.

Oh man... This looks good but the old face with hoodscoop is better for me. hehe!
Keep us updated Chief!

Saludos,
KalaBogs

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2012, 04:35:30 PM »
Oh man.... This looks good but the old face with hoodscoop is better for me. hehe!
Keep us updated Chief!

Saludos,
KalaBogs

;D Oh Man talaga  ;D .... But like you, i prefer the D-max with the bonnet-scoop hehe.

But then again, do you believe in the saying WITH AGE COMES REASON - i got this expression from one forumer at the other site ....Well, i do apparently.

Here's a sample why i believe:

Why this bloke chose the Isuzu D-max over any other utility pickup for his avid outback riding around Oz.... Here's his heaps of no non-sense reasons why (which we long-time Isuzu owners know of already anyway haha) that took him 3 years to find out!  :D

http://youtu.be/wa28NajlBFY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa28NajlBFY&feature=youtu.be

The guy's programme The Great Australian Doorstep is shown in Oz, NZ, Canada, and the US in Alaska.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 04:47:14 PM by dtkiko »

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »
Oh man... This looks good but the old face with hoodscoop is better for me. hehe!
Keep us updated Chief!

Saludos,
KalaBogs

Chief KalaBogs, sinong ayaw ng good-looking hood-scoop  D-max, especially if it's this badass  ;)

Hay Isuzu Philippines!!!! Pinatakam lang tayo na merong D-max na ganito since 2006, pero hindi pinarating sa Pinas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZA1ya4htcLg

Ang lupet, seriously-modified ang engine and suspension, even the disc-brakes!  8)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 11:45:32 AM by dtkiko »

KalaBogs

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2012, 05:38:32 PM »
Chief KalaBogs, sinong ayaw ng good-looking hood-scoop  D-max, especially if it's this badass  ;)

Hay Isuzu Philippines!!!! Pinatakam lang tayo na merong D-max na ganito since 2006, pero hindi pinarating sa Pinas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZA1ya4htcLg

Ang lupet, seriously-modified ang engine and suspension, even the disc-brakes!  8)

Chief dtkiko,

I can feel you.. haha!

Just wondering why DMAX is so popular in Thailand (proly you know the answer). enjoy watching!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMekeSJZIU4&feature=related

Saludos,
KalaBogs

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2012, 05:54:42 PM »
Just wondering why DMAX is so popular in Thailand (proly you know the answer). Enjoy watching! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMekeSJZIU4&feature=related

Saludos,
KalaBogs

Don't know the answer chief why it's so popular, to be honest. But i might be able to deduce from some facts about the more-betta D-max that they got there and that we haven't got in Las Islas Bonita Filipinas  ;D

Kwentong-barbero lang itong sasabihin ko Boss KalaBogs, don't take it seriously, kumbaga scenario-scenario lang bwahehe  ;D

Aside from the outstanding fuel efficiency that none of its competitors could match, the 4JJ1-TCX (3.0 iTEQ VGS Turbo) engine to start with is already a perfect platform for modifications, the reason why this more-betta D-max has been the popular choice of pickup for drag-racing in Thailand and in the Asian Rally.

The reputed Asian Rally driver William Mei of Malaysia could not believed how durable the D-max is against abuse the first time he drove it for such demanding and grueling event. At the age of i think 57 years old William Mei won the AAM Malaysian 4x4 Rally aboard the D-max 3.0 iTEQ VGS Turbo in 2008. In 2009, the podium finishes are dominated and teeming with Isuzu D-max's with some competitors aboard other pickup brands switching over to the D-max, a testament of its durability and reliability in extreme conditions. A Thai national, on the other hand, won the Asian Cross-Country Rally in 2008 also aboard the D-max. Look at this, funny enough, in the website of the Asian Cross-Country Rally, the D-max is even in the front-page: http://www.r1japan.net/axcr/ :grin:

As Bruce Garland and Harry Suzuki of Australia, the 2009 Paris-Dakar Rally tandem on the D-max that placed 1st amongst all diesel UTE under the highly-competitive T1/T2 category where the heavily-modified Volkswagen Touaregs are the king, some parts that they were using are OEM or standard D-max equipment that they believed are durable enough for such punishments, which proved they are anyway haha!  ;D

Adding further, Bruce Garland described the engine as under-stressed and with a stainless-steel timing chain, is “bloody unbreakable”. They raced the D-max with just a reprogram upgrade, and that there is around 100 extra Nm of torque waiting to be released from the standard engine.

HAY ISUZU PHILIPPINES, if you're listening! Hindi man lang ninyo pinarating sa Pinas ito when in fact 2006 pa already available globally!  ::)

porksisig

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2013, 07:33:55 PM »
hello new forumer here,

stumbled and registered after reading that 6 page long flame war. I'm also looking for a new pickup for light to medium hauling. Good for carrying large music instruments and speakers, and items for my business.

I'm new with these stuff so i don't know where to start. My experience with cars are those handed to me by my parents, an isuzu extreme (which is really old), a suzuki apv and a kia pregio... i sometimes use my parents santa fe, so my conclusion for an ideal pickup would be:

.good passenger comfort
.i do a lot of out of town and town-only drives and my experience with the vehicle i stated above varies its km/L fuel efficiency (though by far, isuzu and my parents stands out)
.being always out of town i'm always at expressways and sometimes fast isn't an option for my old isuzu, i might say a good fast vehicle but is it possible for a quiet one?

as i stated i'm new with this and i don't have any professional or hobbist backgrounds with cars

please don't flame me, though you have my respect mr dtkiko for standing out and having the most contributable info in the thread

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2013, 10:48:33 PM »
please don't flame me, though you have my respect mr dtkiko for standing out and having the most contributable info in the thread

Ahihi ;D

Graduate na ako dito chief ;D

Madaming tutulong sa iyo dito for wealth of advice.

Cheers!

HaulerBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2013, 10:56:16 PM »
HI bago po ako dito... Actualy, napunta ako dito sa thread na to because I'm looking for good/bad coments and opinions of different pick up in the philippines... I'm planning to buy kasi... but unfortunately, hindi info's inabot ko. meron pero konti lang kc halos 50% of the 6 pages dito ay puro awayan, laitan, trash talk and anything. Hindi kayo nakakatulong sa aming naghahanap ng pick up na mabibili honestly. I don't mean to be rude pero you're misleading the topic. The thread starter cannot get what he really cae here for.

Bernard

• Forced to fISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2013, 07:24:51 AM »
What pickup offers the best ride and seating comfort front and rear?
BTW, yung mga nag-aaway dito kayo mga tunay na GAGO sa forum. Sayang.

Rockspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2013, 11:55:52 PM »
Ride more comfort?...It's Navara, experience the SUV comfort and the elegant look for a mid-size truck!