Author Topic: Hilux , DMAX or Strada  (Read 2513 times)

nightnerd

• View Profile
Hilux , DMAX or Strada
« on: May 30, 2013, 04:59:56 PM »
Hi guys,

We're planning to get a pre-owned pick up. I'm thinking of oldest model to be is 2007 or '08. Usual choices are strada, hilux or dmax. Any thoughts on these?

Usual concerns are gas efficiency and maintenance cost. I've heard na mahaba daw tinatakbo ng sa dmax.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
Re: Hilux , DMAX or Strada
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 09:05:41 PM »
The d-max is the least expensive to maintain among the three plus the 3 liter engine can match the fuel economy of the 2.5 liter variants of the strada and hilux.

This pick up is an excellent choice for part family car part workhorse vehicle
member: Elantra Pinas
cvvt/d-cvvt/ird-e/i-vtec/iForceVVT-i/re-vgt/Ti-VCT

Kyoichi Sudo

• Mitsubishi Motors Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 09:53:41 PM »
The D-Max and Strada are the safe choices ;)
Team TopGear Philippines(TTGPh) admin & co-founder
MitsuLoyalists Philippines(MLP) admin president & founder
Street Customs Philippines administrator

Brentot_22

• Toyota Motors Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 01:46:39 AM »
first:d-max
second:hi-lux
third:strada.....

carwiki

• Administrator of Team TopGear Philippines (TTGPh)
  • Prancing Horse, Jr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 12:46:14 PM »
For a pre-owned workhorse, Strada was the most durable and reliable during 2007-2008s. Actually, the average fuel consumption of a 07-08 Strada was about 9-10km/L.

For a Strada, better pick a 2.5 liter GLS variant. Though, it only possesses 134hp and above 300+ Nm of torque.

Kyoichi Sudo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 01:58:09 PM »
For a pre-owned workhorse, Strada was the most durable and reliable during 2007-2008s. Actually, the average fuel consumption of a 07-08 Strada was about 9-10km/L.

For a Strada, better pick a 2.5 liter GLS variant. Though, it only possesses 134hp and above 300+ Nm of torque.

...was about to tell about this too hahahaha ;D

nightnerd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 07:10:41 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. I'm currently browsing for these pick ups. Ang laking tulong talaga ng top gear. :)

If you personally own any of these models, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts too on its performance.

Thanks again!

Kyoichi Sudo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 06:11:09 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. I'm currently browsing for these pick ups. Ang laking tulong talaga ng top gear. :)

If you personally own any of these models, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts too on its performance.

Thanks again!

We used to own a 2012 D-Max LS Radikal 4x2 and sometimes my dad lets me drive it. Personal observations of mine is that the 3.0 engine is a very economical one, measuring 10-14km/l in the city and 16-17km/l in highways. Its also great when you feel like driving fast, despite of having low output it still can go one-on-one w/ its fellow 3.0 engined vehicles like the Hilux and the previous Patrol. Overall the D-Max is a great workhorse but for some reasons we did need to sell it last year...

camebeyond

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 09:56:56 AM »

Thanks again!

We used to own a 2012 D-Max LS Radikal 4x2 and sometimes my dad lets me drive it. Personal observations of mine is that the 3.0 engine is a very economical one, measuring 10-14km/l in the city and 16-17km/l in highways. Its also great when you feel like driving fast, despite of having low output it still can go one-on-one w/ its fellow 3.0 engined vehicles like the Hilux and the previous Patrol. Overall the D-Max is a great workhorse but for some reasons we did need to sell it last year...
No comment.. lol

jerrikson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 06:54:28 PM »
sir ayaw niyo po ranger?