Author Topic: NLEX killer speed limit  (Read 11366 times)

Speeddict

• View Profile
NLEX killer speed limit
« on: December 04, 2008, 07:00:07 PM »
Hi to all, I would just like to know your opinions on the subject regarding this issue. or am I the only one who wants to kick the management for the rules that was impossed by the NLEX.

here's the story. I went to subic last few weeks ago and try out the strecth of sctex. running in a full speed on the instrument cluster at 260kph, hell was fun. smooth road with wide space and best of all no traffic. execellent to run my baby. as soon as I got out and went on the NLEX. I knew that I have to slow down as speed cam's were put in this area which is a good thing.to make the story short I was running at a minimal speed which I been doing for the longest time since the day this cameras were put up. however I was apprehended at the end of the tollgate going to manila.

A TMG officer came up. flagging me down on the long traffic of tollgate. asking me to pull down my window. as a normal procedure. pull the windows down and ask the officer. Sir ano po ba problema? the officer replied. Sir you were caught speeding at the bocau. as he was showing me all the list of speeding violators to be apprehend also. Sir what was my speed. officer replied sir you were running at 127kph. looking at the list I saw 1 of the plates the was beside me earlier. a l200 was caught speeding in 105kph. I ask the officer. Sir mabagal lang ko takbo ko. then he keep insisting license po nyo. so I gave my license and begging not to be given a ticket because I think it was a minimal speed to be honest for a highway. I politly ask the officer. Sir baka naman pwede warning since this is my first time offense and ano po ba ang speeding limit. the officer just wrote a ticket and told me. Sir sorry po may quota kami. I just nodded my head and sign the ticket. he told me to get my license at eastave lto. kept quite and went on with the jorney home with disappointment. since it was a weekend I was ask to get the license on monday.

1. officer did not tell me the speed limit of the NLEX. Signage indicates 80kph. but doesn't indicate max or min. knowing highway 80kph is minimal run. what is the speed limit max on a highway???
2. giving you the reason that they have a quota. is not a good reason.
3. the hell in the ticket was written reckless driving. what the hell.
4. officer should teach or educate people that were apprehend before issueing the ticket.
5. give a warning ticket if possible. just like a normal thing before you lawsuit someone. because the offense that you gave was a minimal and nobody was hurt in this case.
6. don't let people think that this is another opperatus of TMG. just like special or commemorative plates where they would release hundreds thousands of this and after a few months they will arrest everyone. just to get money out of it.
7. for goodness sake your a highway. please impose a higher speed limit. i can run in a normal street with 90kph in just 1 stoplight to another stoplight with out any cars arround.

continue of the story. monday as every body is busy. thinking what the heck better get it on tuesday. since the ticket expire monday and everyone is busy. for sure my license will not be their yet. so going thier wednesday morning. came accross a friend who was working their and said I will help you get it. as my heart was getting excited. yes! that would be nice.lol ask for the ticket showed him and boy was he was laughing out loud to a point that his neighboring desk was puzzled. everyone in the lto within the 10feet table came up and ask. what was happening. my friend told everyone. Punye-- hinuli sa nlex at the speed of 127kph. reckless driving violation. he said contest natin to. sa auto mo you were driving at a minimum speed napag tripan ka lang ng TMG dahil mukhang mabilis auto mo. contest natin na obstraction dapat sa bagal mo. everyone was laughing and promise to help me get my license. so 1 hour pass and the guy went back and told me sir hindi pa po dinadala ng NLEX. balikan nyo next monday. I told them Hala pano ko mag drive eh expired na yung ticket. sagot nila okay lang yan. nasa amin nasa kanila na din naman license mo eh. sabihin mo tawagan nila tmg sa nlex. then we all laugh.

after monday i called the guy and told me wala pa pare text kita pag dumating na. I got it friday already. Wow. nice job guys. no wonder people do not respect you guys at all. grrrr. the hassle and the trouble I went thru just for it.

things i would like to know.
1. can topgear help the TMG to improve the rules and regulation of the road system. since you are more educated and most likely not corrupt compare to this organization.
2. if you were in my case, what will you do?
3. I just thinking its not justifyable especially to people who are less fortunate. it took almost 1k for everything. and time and the hassel. really not worth it.
4. point of view? anyone? reaction?

just want to get out of my system. as it really pissed me off up to the point that I want the guy fired as connection wise is not a problem. however i dont want the guy to lose his job and his family might starve. grrrr. what a life. thanks :'(

brellrain

• View Profile
Re: NLEX killer speed limit
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 09:19:36 PM »
When you see 80 written on highways, I believe that means, that's the maximum speed limit.. ;) you were going at 127kph so that's overspeeding.. Wonder why they issued you reckless driving but then again, it is possible due to the fact that at those speeds, it can be dangerous especially on roads like that..

Check this link:
http://www.lto.gov.ph/traffic2.html

The reason they needed to get the quota isn't right but then again, you still did pass the speed limit..

Even at NLEX, I think the maximum is speed is only a 100kph..

brellrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 09:38:21 PM »
By the way, SCTEX, minimum of 60kph and maximum of 100kph, while NLEX,

80 km/h near Metro Manila, 100 km/h in rural areas, but 120 km/h is permitted. Speed limits are strictly enforced via CCTV cameras and speed guns, and speeders are usually identified as soon as they hit the tollbooth. The highest speed recorded here is 364 km/h by a BMW 650i on April 17, 2008 along the stretch of San Fernando to Pulilan exit.

GhostHunter

• Project JDM
  • Auto-LPG equipped. Saving money since 2006.
    • View Profile
    • TSIKOT.COM
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 10:53:33 PM »
Strictly enforced?

Dunno about that. I just did a run down the SCTEX hitting 150kph on long boring sections and peaking at 197kph. On NLEX, I regularly cruise between 110 to 120kph without any trouble.

Along the SCTEX, just look out for the white Hilux vehicles parked on the side of the road or on the overpasses.

As for the NLEX, it would be white Innova auvs on the side of the road or overpasses.

Just slow down to "legal" speeds when you spot them in the distance.

Speeddict

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 10:34:09 AM »
thank guys,

can they just make it miles per hour.lol getting use to other countries road system. 80 max??? usually sign has 2 one for minimum and one for maximum. If I was caught speeding more than 200kph I would have given a smile and thank them for taking a picture of my car.but with that speed.  :(

Wow i wasnt aware that sctex has a speed limit also.  :)

I was not pissed much with getting caught. im just pissed at the reason of the TMG and it took them more than 1 week to bring the license to lto. well anyway thanks guys.

brellrain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 09:03:56 PM »
Strictly enforced?

Dunno about that. I just did a run down the SCTEX hitting 150kph on long boring sections and peaking at 197kph. On NLEX, I regularly cruise between 110 to 120kph without any trouble.

Along the SCTEX, just look out for the white Hilux vehicles parked on the side of the road or on the overpasses.

As for the NLEX, it would be white Innova auvs on the side of the road or overpasses.

Maybe you got lucky, as far as I know, there are no speed trap cameras yet, so maybe at the time you were doing those speeds, there were no speed guns around.. :)

brellrain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 09:08:38 PM »
thank guys,

can they just make it miles per hour.lol getting use to other countries road system. 80 max??? usually sign has 2 one for minimum and one for maximum. If I was caught speeding more than 200kph I would have given a smile and thank them for taking a picture of my car.but with that speed.  :(

I was not pissed much with getting caught. im just pissed at the reason of the TMG and it took them more than 1 week to bring the license to lto. well anyway thanks guys.
You can thank the LTO or the TMG for that.. ;D Besides, its not like they take their jobs seriously.. So why bother taking your license to the office.. Maybe they went to ilocos first or something for a road trip before deciding to go back.. :D Road signs are a problem in this country, it's either lacking or nonsense most of the time..

GhostHunter

• Project JDM
    • View Profile
    • TSIKOT.COM
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 09:57:53 PM »
Strictly enforced?

Maybe you got lucky, as far as I know, there are no speed trap cameras yet, so maybe at the time you were doing those speeds, there were no speed guns around.. :)

Maybe lucky but I also drove from Subic to NLEX via SCTEX and drove nearly the 75% of the length of the SCTEX (clark/subic portion) at speeds above 150kph to 180kph in convoy with 4 other cars doing the same speed.  We just slowed down to 110kph everytime we reached a blind rise to check if there is a white Hilux parked in sight.

brellrain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 06:59:46 PM »
That's nice, might try it some time.. :D

Deyn Man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 04:52:13 PM »
IMO, ignorance of the law excuses no one.

i am not bragging nor am i saying i know all the rules of the road. i didn't go to any fancy school or the AAP to get a driver's license either. i don't know how, but i do know that the number posted is the Maximum speed limit. matanong ko lang po sir.. nasa left most lane din po ba kayo sa hi-way most of the time?

i think it was straight forward naman eh.. you oversped, thus, the ticket. pero dapat di ata reckless driving yung violation mo.

i agree that the officers working the hi-ways should know the violations before issuing them. and that they should be courteous too and responsible enough to do the required paper work. kaya it's best to get the name of the apprehending officer din para pwede mong isumbong (although i think its in the ticket na din).

i do not agree in changing the metric system to miles per hour. hindi lang naman po kayo ang "sanay" sa MPH. mas madaming pong sanay sa KPH dito po sa pilipinas.

OT: dinugo ako dun ah. di po bawal tagalugin ang post :)

Mika

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 07:29:21 PM »
bayadan mo agad.  ;)

jhanny manalo

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 09:45:27 PM »
 errr, nasanay kasi ako na police ang dad ko, madali na lang ang process. hehehe ;)

chinochi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 05:23:46 PM »
with all due respect bro, you were overspeeding. max.limit for nlex is 100kph unless specified otherwise. ignorance of the law is not an excuse for not getting a ticket. peace! :)

GhostHunter

• Project JDM
    • View Profile
    • TSIKOT.COM
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 07:26:14 PM »
Yesterday morning my friend and I drove through NLEX and SCTEX to Subic.  We were at 150 kph to over 210 kph for pretty much 85% of the entire trip on the expressway.  Time elapsed was just one hour and fifteen minute with our departure point being at McDo Katipunan (in front of Ateneo).

::)

We were never flagged down during any point of the drive.

Just observe the previously stated hints and tips to avoid getting caught.  8)

v6dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 11:33:20 PM »
thank guys,

It helps to be mildly aware of the law sometimes as a citizen, not to be a jerk, but because the police or those TMG officer don't always know it themselves.
Traffic police or TMG officer are not lawyers -- they are drivers, radar gun operators, and shooters. They are good at these elements. Unfortunately, when it comes to the finer points of the law, they fail. I really can't blame them, nor can I truly expect them to have the entire legal history and precedent in their heads. However, I -should- expect them to be more aware of the laws that they are enforcing, which they are not.

Your speed should be based on the current conditions. Here in California we have something called, "the basic speed law" which means you shouldn't be traveling too fast in current conditions like rain, snow, ice , fog, etc. its up to you to judge how fast you should go. When driving the highways of any foriegn country, in many areas you pass from one jurisdiction to the next with suprising frequency (sometimes in populated areas, one every couple minutes), and every jurisdiction makes their own enforcement policy. So it can be quite inconsistent, but its a "law", we must respect that law whatever may it be. Its your duty to follow here or abroad.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 11:38:47 PM by v6dreamer »
THE ONLY WAY TO WIN THE GAME IS NOT TO PLAY.