Author Topic: Fuel Consumption: Fotuner, Montero Sport, Alterra, Everest  (Read 40481 times)

Deyn Man

• View Profile
Fuel Consumption: Fotuner, Montero Sport, Alterra, Everest
« on: April 13, 2009, 01:31:55 PM »
guys, would like to know what are the fuel consumption figures for the vehicles mentioned.

i've heard that fortuners do 6-8km per liter for both the gas and diesel engines. alterra daw, 11-13km per liter. lakas din daw yung montero doing 8-9km per liter.

dunno which is true.

hope we hear from owners based on "real world" driving conditions.

thanks  ;)

brellrain

• View Profile
Re: Fuel Consumption: Fotuner, Montero Sport, Alterra, Everest
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 11:22:09 PM »
The 3.0 or 2.5?

sagaraemiru

• Z. The letter's after Y(ou).
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 01:37:34 AM »
Since may Fortuner (2.5L D-4D CRDi turbo) ang pamilya ko, I can comment on its fuel consumption.

Totoo sa amin yung posted na 6-8 km/L. On the average, nakaaabot kami ng mga 7.9 km/L. Sa city driving, mga 7.8 km/L (@ 30km/h and 1500 rpm), sa highway driving, as much as 15.3 km/L (@ 100 km/h and 2100 rpm, thanks in part dun sa turbo)

(all numbers I posted are based on what I observed on the fuel economy meter on the multi-function computer in our Fortuner)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 01:40:45 AM by sagaraemiru »

OFWorker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 11:55:43 AM »

Based on driving / ownership.
Mid-size SUV with CRDi turbo charged like the 2.5L, 3.0L or 3.2L engine has a very slight difference in FC with a normal driving habits, don't say to the Fast & Furious drivers.
Seems negligible, but if compared to the 2.7L petrol driven Fort,,,gas gussler is the answer.
Try Driving the noisy/ vibratory 4JA1 Isuzu diesel engine & pretty sure FC's less.

aNthraxx

• A Day Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 12:36:35 AM »
On my 2.5 A/T Evereset FC usually 8 to 9km/L mixed city and hiway driving.
Those who dream at night are dreamers but those who dream during the day are the more dangerous ones as they can turn that dream into reality - Lawrence of Arabia

Deyn Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 04:37:44 PM »
The 3.0 or 2.5?

Both..

How bout the montero sport? Alterra?

brellrain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 10:23:29 PM »
I have a 2007 3.0 Ford Everest 4x4, Averaging 6km/L on provincial roads and around 4-5 km/L on the metro..

I also have a 2006 3.0 Isuzu Alterra 4x2, once our driver even reached 21km/L, but then again he wasn't using the AC, but getting 15km/l out of it isn't hard at all..

Deyn Man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 12:46:40 AM »
I also have a 2006 3.0 Isuzu Alterra 4x2, once our driver even reached 21km/L, but then again he wasn't using the AC, but getting 15km/l out of it isn't hard at all..

Wow! No wonder my father in law wants one! He has a friend who has one and tipid nga daw. Can't convince him otherwise. I now see why...

My bro has the 09 fort gas and it can do mga 6km/l city driving..

Now for the montero sport..

myk384

• Junior writer
    • View Profile
    • friendster
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 04:51:09 PM »
The manual Alterra reached 19 kml, from DOE's testing
but for the Fortuner's gas engine, 9km/l city

Deyn Man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 03:18:17 PM »
baduy naman yung sa DOE eh... that's not how "ordinary" people drive. kelangan from owners talaga and "real" world driving conditions.

the driver

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »
real world driving condition---

Isuzu's always say like that...

My sister drives her 3.2L MT Strada at 60-70 kph on the highway with few uphills & downhills ( concete pavement road ) & the FCs around 18+ km/l.

nivlem31

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 04:44:24 PM »
my baby 4x4 fortuner can go 11.30km/l o highway driving

gayaofurniture

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 05:48:04 PM »
Heres some actual fuel consumption for Montero Sport 4x2 2.5 Liter turbo intercooler. Im from Manabo, Abra visiting Manila at least once a month using my new 2009 Montero Sport covering 450km one way of 10km rough road (some gravelled, muddy and the rest pock marked) one river crossing, four section of one way lane bcause the road is under construction in the ilocos region (30-60min idling) and the rest pave road including the nlex and sclex. Last May my Montero still new, i drove at an ave of 120km/hr expressway, 80km/hr McArthur hiway, and 30-50km/hr at the unpaved provincial road. Consumption is 11.28km/liter. Last June covering the same distance and driving faster @130/100/60km/hr my consumption is 10.79km/liter. This month my 900km round trip at a faster pace 140/110/70 km/hr my fuel consumtion is again lower at 9.88km/li. To top all this driving, early this month, I attended the burial of my wife's cousin in Balbalasang, Kalinga, thru the newly opened Abra-Kalinga road. The montero sport climb thru the mountain trail, the worst and roughest road I ever travelled, without a hitch. 195km, 70% is very rough road and my fuel consumption back and forth is 7.02km/li. All this figures are recorded and metered. Hope this will help. Good luck and happy picking!

brellrain

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 11:53:05 PM »
So basically, they're almost the same it terms of fuel consumption.. Anyway, FC is not a deciding point when choosing among these cars.. It's how it makes you feel.. :)

Deyn Man

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 08:38:46 PM »
So basically, they're almost the same it terms of fuel consumption.. Anyway, FC is not a deciding point when choosing among these cars.. It's how it makes you feel.. :)

4 mos down the road and i still haven't gotten my SUV... for some, its the "feeling"... but based on the *ahem* subject, i would still like to know the FC of these beasts...