Author Topic: 2010 Isuzu Crosswind  (Read 22740 times)

jhanny manalo

Re: 2010 Isuzu Crosswind
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 11:34:52 AM »

Some says (Crosswind owners) that they are contented of what car they have. They like it (Croswwind) because they have a big family and the car is better specially daw when trailing or uphill climbing. They find the Crosswind better and the fact that is cheaper and a diesel engined-vehicle.

As what I've observed, those who said that aren't car-nuts and they just bought it to transport their families.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 09:44:02 PM by ╒℮a┬н℮яcaя »

aNthraxx

• A Day Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 06:51:25 PM »

Some says (Crosswind owners) that they are contented of what car they have. They like it (Croswwind) because they have a big family and the car is better specially daw when trailing or uphill climbing. They find the Crosswind better and the fact that is cheaper and a diesel engined-vehicle.

As what I've observed, those who said that aren't car-nuts and they just bought it to transport their families.

so true...another factor is price. although there are a lot of alternatives out there some are simply impractical to buy. A sportivo would give you style, sitting capacity and fuel economy..saan ka pa?!  ;D my "slight" gripe with it lang as of today is the facelift have been so minor that theres no appreciable change in appearance, also they didnt bother to upgrade the power plant!! hay!!  ::)
Those who dream at night are dreamers but those who dream during the day are the more dangerous ones as they can turn that dream into reality - Lawrence of Arabia

pat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 07:11:04 PM »
we own a crosswind. i try my best to hide everytime i get a ride in it. and i have to say. i am very disappointed with isuzu. just as disappointed as seeing the mcLaren exit production. no offense to isuzu owners. what you're paying for when you buy a new unit is the looks. and interior amenities. you're also paying for the same old underpinnings of a dead, old, dirty diesel 2.5 liter, 84-horsepower truck. just waiting to be thrown away. destroyed, really.

if isuzu can't build better cars with cleaner engines. they should stop. for good. world's leading diesel experts? produce underpowered mid-displacement engines? come on! BMW can produce a 520d with more break-horsepower than isuzu! and again they call themselves the world's leading diesel experts? this is pure hypocrisy! i'm not trying to start a flame war, by the way. if that's what anyone's wondering.

well?! if you know what your getting into, say researching first in car forums like this one and at the end still buy an isuzu, i think you wont have regrets. I agree that thier engines are not at par with the others out there, but some people just like thier isuzus.. ;D and are contented with it.

ohh.. is that so? okay ;D hai. something's really wrong with my POVs.

al_motor

• Retro car...retro bike.
  • tricycles:15kmh of progress on the 100kmh highway
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 08:46:50 AM »
the even more archaic L300 is still alive and well. why are you guys complaining about the crosswind? hehehe.
Your car is only good for the days you can drive it.

Speed=Distance over time. The longer your car stays in the workshop, the slower it really is. :D

9hp  > 127hp

myk384

• Junior writer
    • View Profile
    • friendster
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 09:32:49 AM »
If I were to choose between the Crosswind and the Adventure.... I would go for the Mitsubishi.... WHY?
Reasons:
1. Cheap Maintenance
2. Strong Dealer Network
3. Drives Like  A Car (according to my Idol Botchi)
4. Cheap Price
5. Fuel Efficient (Diesel Version)
6. Feature Loaded (has Power amenities and iPod connectivity even on lower spec models, except GL Variant).

sagaraemiru

• Z. The letter's after Y(ou).
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 04:04:23 PM »
^ I can definitely attest to that. Well, except for the iPod amenity. After all, we have our Adventure for almost 11 years, and the only major repair we had on it was a slipped clutch.

Smoky as it may be (we were flagged down by the "Bantay Usok" guys in Magallanes, TWICE. As a result, it hasn't entered Metro Manila ever since.), I can safely say that it hasn't conked out on us.

~ anyway, back to topic.

the even more archaic L300 is still alive and well. why are you guys complaining about the crosswind? hehehe.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that only one factor keeps these two (Mitsubishi L300 and Isuzu Crosswind) from the axe: popularity among the masses.

But hey, Toyota (c'mon. we all know how popular Toyota is) killed off the Revo, despite it being more popular than the Adventure, and replaced it with the Innova. So why can't they do it as well?  ???

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 10:25:14 AM »
^ I can definitely attest to that. Well, except for the iPod amenity. After all, we have our Adventure for almost 11 years, and the only major repair we had on it was a slipped clutch.

Smoky as it may be (we were flagged down by the "Bantay Usok" guys in Magallanes, TWICE. As a result, it hasn't entered Metro Manila ever since.), I can safely say that it hasn't conked out on us.

~ anyway, back to topic.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that only one factor keeps these two (Mitsubishi L300 and Isuzu Crosswind) from the axe: popularity among the masses.

But hey, Toyota (c'mon. we all know how popular Toyota is) killed off the Revo, despite it being more popular than the Adventure, and replaced it with the Innova. So why can't they do it as well?  ???
got it!!! even that BESTSELLER has to be replaced to make way for 3more vehicles...the direct and indirect revo successors the innova,fortuner and cover all bases avanza.
I think isuzu and mitsubishi should now kill the their adventure and crosswind by installing manual transmission and crdi engine for the fuzion(incase of mitsubishi) and replace the tired crosswind with a new mpv or compact suv(for the isuzu).The ford everest was savrd because of its engine and chassis update.
member: Elantra Pinas
cvvt/d-cvvt/ird-e/i-vtec/iForceVVT-i/re-vgt/Ti-VCT

aNthraxx

• A Day Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 06:26:57 PM »

Agreed, Mitsu should update the Adventure, not only the looks of which they did but the powerplant and platform as well. As for the everest, i decided to get one since the 1st gen is markedly different from the 2nd gen. Im excited to see what they have in store after this last update which i think a new platform for the everest would be unvieled.
Those who dream at night are dreamers but those who dream during the day are the more dangerous ones as they can turn that dream into reality - Lawrence of Arabia

creech

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 12:36:10 PM »
sadly to say, both crosswind and adventure are definitely very boring, not interesting anymore even if they still continue to upgrade every now and then! they still continue to sell this units including the L300 versa van due to very popular demands in the provinces, this vehicles should be replaced with all new designs and technology well to catch up the demands of new generations. imagine the price of the top of the line sportivo could buy you the same level as other vehicles with its new specs. but then again we hope that this is the last time they should upgrade this cars. well all i can say is just wait for this car companies to introduced their all new units to replaced their very aged bread and butter vehicles.

aNthraxx

• A Day Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 02:01:30 PM »
sadly to say, both crosswind and adventure are definitely very boring, not interesting anymore even if they still continue to upgrade every now and then! they still continue to sell this units including the L300 versa van due to very popular demands in the provinces, this vehicles should be replaced with all new designs and technology well to catch up the demands of new generations. imagine the price of the top of the line sportivo could buy you the same level as other vehicles with its new specs. but then again we hope that this is the last time they should upgrade this cars. well all i can say is just wait for this car companies to introduced their all new units to replaced their very aged bread and butter vehicles.

im waiting for my cuzin to sell his sportivo to me, if he gets tired with it..ang habol ko lang naman fuel economy nya..kaso ma usok masyado. I wonder if you flush the exhaust pipes often kung ma lessen tong pagka ma usok nya..hehe

myk384

• Junior writer
    • View Profile
    • friendster
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 05:14:37 PM »

at least... the L300 is targeted to businesses and government fleets than consumers.

kevin3000

• Club Suzuki Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 05:42:26 PM »
for me ok ang sportivo tested it kanina 145kph very stable..

i hope isuzu replace their old 4ja1 engine with crdi!

imagine 170kph on sportivo  ::)

Scooby

• Aspiring Driver
  • Don't worry, be happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2009, 07:28:56 PM »
Isuzu is just resting on its laurels. Yes it was a hit back in 2003, but today, it's a different story. I've never been impressed with the new Crosswind. I would prefer an Adventure than the Crosswind. We own an '04 Adventure, and i have to say, we are very happy with it. It's very reliable, it looks good IMHO, and it doesn't vibrate too much unlike the Isuzu.

I would even choose an L300 over a Crosswind... ;D
Who said the young ones don't know anything about cars?

cjv_justice

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 12:06:53 AM »
newbie hir... wow your posts really gave that added factor in deciding between the crosswind and the adventure... crosswind has the looks,  upgraded mostly exterior but the interior setup looks fx style, even the aircon vents... also i cant dig the smoke even on brand new units i see on the road... the adventire on the other hand still has the 4d56 engine, maybe a crdi engine upgrade would be better... thanks...

myk384

• Junior writer
    • View Profile
    • friendster
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 10:34:51 AM »
May dad used to consider the Crosswind back in 2006, but to a disappointment.