Author Topic: Celerio vs. i10 vs. picanto  (Read 35233 times)

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
Celerio vs. i10 vs. picanto
« on: August 10, 2009, 10:37:26 pm »
3 identical hatchbacks...who's the best of the best??

Suzuki Celerio

Engine: 1.0 3cyl.inline 68hp 90nm
Price: Php. 569,000(a/t)

Hyundai I10

Engine: 1.2 4cyl.inline 75hp 121nm
Price: Php. 578,000(a/t)

Kia picanto

Engine: 1.1 4cyl.inline 64hp 94nm
Price: Php. 695,000(a/t)
member: Elantra Pinas
cvvt/d-cvvt/ird-e/i-vtec/iForceVVT-i/re-vgt/Ti-VCT

GhostHunter

• Project JDM
  • Auto-LPG equipped. Saving money since 2006.
    • View Profile
    • TSIKOT.COM
Re: Celerio vs. i10 vs. picanto
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:15:39 pm »
What's the point?  Are you choosing one to buy soon?

Personally, I rather choose the Hyundai i10 or the Kia Picanto rather than getting royally screwed by the service crew at Suzuki.

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 07:14:59 am »

Personally, I rather choose the Hyundai i10 or the Kia Picanto rather than getting royally screwed by the service crew at Suzuki.
nope, a fleet for my dad's company...just getting second opinion because we already have an i10 (me and my dad's pick) and just want to compare it with its closest rivals before buying a fleet.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:28:08 am by maranello_5775 »

brellrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 09:26:46 am »

nope, a fleet for my dad's company...just getting second opinion because we already have an i10 (me and my dad's pick) and just want to compare it with its closest rivals before buying.
If it's going to be a company car, why not get a Cherry QQ instead? It'll save your dad a lot of money, look at Coca Cola, they use QQ as their company car, and they work just fine, just don't expect it to be as good as the choices you mentioned though, but as a company car, there's no cheaper way of saving money than a QQ, besides, your not going to be the ones who'll drive it, it will be your staff.. :D

GhostHunter

• Project JDM
    • View Profile
    • TSIKOT.COM
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 09:45:26 am »

nope, a fleet for my dad's company...just getting second opinion because we already have an i10 (me and my dad's pick) and just want to compare it with its closest rivals before buying.

The Hyundai i10 would be the best of the three.  Comfy seats, good handling & ride quality.  Adequate engine power for city driving or speeds under 100kph.

Curiously, why you opting for the 1.2L A/T when there is a 1.1L A/T version that is P20K per unit cheaper?

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 12:13:22 am »

The Hyundai i10 would be the best of the three.  Comfy seats, good handling & ride quality.  Adequate engine power for city driving or speeds under 100kph.

Curiously, why you opting for the 1.2L A/T when there is a 1.1L A/T version that is P20K per unit cheaper?

since most of the drivers that will use the car(s) are a member of the "gentler sex"and their driving environment includes SOME hill climbs that is why we prefer the stronger 1.2l i10,btw we already have a sample of a i10 1.1l a/t and based on the manaoag drive it is not running out of breath on the long highway drives(5passengers) plus it is able to keep up with a 1.5vios and my tucson

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 12:27:48 am »

If it's going to be a company car, why not get a Cherry QQ instead? It'll save your dad a lot of money, look at Coca Cola, they use QQ as their company car, and they work just fine, just don't expect it to be as good as the choices you mentioned though, but as a company car, there's no cheaper way of saving money than a QQ, besides, your not going to be the ones who'll drive it, it will be your staff.. :D

yes my dad will save a lot for the QQ but he's wary of the "toughness" of the car especially when we heard that the a/t QQs suffer from questionable reliability though the manuals are ok but since most drivers of the car(s) can only drive a matic, he(my dad)is decided to get a fleet of matics for them to be convenient...

brellrain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 10:08:57 am »
Lucky staff you have.. :)

GhostHunter

• Project JDM
    • View Profile
    • TSIKOT.COM
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 01:28:12 pm »

yes my dad will save a lot for the QQ but he's wary of the "toughness" of the car especially when we heard that the a/t QQs suffer from questionable reliability though the manuals are ok but since most drivers of the car(s) can only drive a matic, he(my dad)is decided to get a fleet of matics for them to be convenient...

Better quality vehicles will pay for themselves by minimizing the problems you will encounter (at least) during it's warranty period.  So with less down time, the cars and your dad's staff will be off driving to their destinations instead of wasting time at the Chery casa waiting for a broken part to be replaced.

GhostHunter

• Project JDM
    • View Profile
    • TSIKOT.COM
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 01:32:35 pm »
since most of the drivers that will use the car(s) are a member of the "gentler sex"and their driving environment includes SOME hill climbs that is why we prefer the stronger 1.2l i10.

btw we already have a sample of a i10 1.1l a/t and based on the manaoag drive it is not running out of breath on the long highway drives(5passengers) plus it is able to keep up with a 1.5vios and my tucson

That is what I meant.  The 1.1L engine with A/T isn't that weak as long as its in the proper gear and the driver is willing to rev the engine to an inch of it's mechanical limits.

On normal roads, it's not going to be the slow poke unless the person at the wheel is really that slow.

The only major downside with the i10 1.1L vs 1.2L is the lack of airbag on the 1.1L A/T version.

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 10:46:18 pm »
since most of the drivers that will use the car(s) are a member of the "gentler sex"and their driving environment includes SOME hill climbs that is why we prefer the stronger 1.2l i10.

btw we already have a sample of a i10 1.1l a/t and based on the manaoag drive it is not running out of breath on the long highway drives(5passengers) plus it is able to keep up with a 1.5vios and my tucson

That is what I meant.  The 1.1L engine with A/T isn't that weak as long as its in the proper gear and the driver is willing to rev the engine to an inch of it's mechanical limits.

On normal roads, it's not going to be the slow poke unless the person at the wheel is really that slow.

The only major downside with the i10 1.1L vs 1.2L is the lack of airbag on the 1.1L A/T version.

there is an error regarding to the safety and amenity specifications of the i10 before,they(hyundai) said a/t i10s has an ipod port and split-folding rear seats but w/o airbag (flexibility bias)while the m/t i10s has an airbag but w/o the ipod port and split-folding rear seats (safety bias)but this isn't exactly accurate...

in fact our 1.1a/t i10 already has a driver side airbag while retaining the split-folding rear seats,the only difference is the dealer-installed dvd player with monitor as opposed to the factory installed player with ipod port.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:51:42 pm by maranello_5775 »

franzelin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 11:25:25 pm »
hi..im also considering these 3 at first... but the celerio is just good on the outside..its really cramped inside.. its not worth ur money. so im torn between picanto or i10... i also think picanto is overpriced...
how bout the FC of these 3? AT? any reviews bout it??

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 12:31:13 am »
the i10 sample unit we bought averages between 12-13km/li in city driving,not familiar regarding the celerio and picanto but i think the difference is not that big