Author Topic: What do you think of Hyundai Accent?  (Read 28683 times)

morlock101

• View Profile
What do you think of Hyundai Accent?
« on: January 03, 2010, 04:54:26 PM »
im planning to buy a car i'm narrowing down my choices between honda city and hyundai accent.. pls help me

jhanny manalo

Re: What do you think of Hyundai Accent?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 10:22:44 PM »

Ughh, now I realize Hyundai Accent can also be competed against the Honda City, hhHa..  ;D. Well, you might consider the Kia Rio. But I still prefer the Honda City. If you have a little budget then choose the Hyundai Accent, the price of the Honda City and Kia Rio are now a bit pricey and all of them have their own great performance.

Feeter Silverster

• cruise with me!
  • Hyundai Toyota Starex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 10:08:47 PM »
morlock 101, it's good to know that you're considering Hyundai Accent on your car buying adventure.
If you could afford the Hyundai accent, don't think twice...

It has a very good performance, diesel- fed (CRDI), 1.5 liter displacement, giving you very fast acceleration, very economical also registering 20- 35 kms per liter of diesel...
The after-sales service is also good. We recomend you go to Hyundai pasig dealership (along C5) for a good dealer.

Ah, regarding the car club, you can join us at Team Hyundai Philippines. The accent is very respected there.  8)  ;) We're very friendly to accomodate your queries about any Hyundai cars out there...

Goodluck

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 02:19:30 PM »
it is the thriftiest in its class(fuel consumption)since it is a diesel, crdi technology makes it a  viable alternative to its gasoline rivals the only downside is the scarcity of safety equipment even in the high end gls trim
member: Elantra Pinas
cvvt/d-cvvt/ird-e/i-vtec/iForceVVT-i/re-vgt/Ti-VCT

ftanmd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 11:38:11 PM »
great great engine the accent but the looks is inversely proportional to that ;D
i just hope they can put an accent engine into the honda city!! :o

morlock101

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 09:28:45 AM »
tnx po for the ideas.. totoo po pala tlaga ang fuel mileage ng accent... my decison now will be based either beauty or fuel efficiency... tsk..tsk.. ang hirap mag decide tumataas pa naman ang presyo ng fuel ngaun..

redmarquis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 06:40:33 PM »
Can't you wait for the next generation Accent (which, AFAIK, is coming very soon)? I say this because, judging the latest generation of Hyundais (Tucson, Santa Fe, Sonata et al), that one should actually be a good car; not the shitty econobox the current one is.

Hold off for a while. You won't regret it.

Boy Torotot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 04:39:40 PM »
tnx po for the ideas.. totoo po pala tlaga ang fuel mileage ng accent... my decison now will be based either beauty or fuel efficiency... tsk..tsk.. ang hirap mag decide tumataas pa naman ang presyo ng fuel ngaun..
beauty? mas maganda kaya ang city. yong accent, parang generic lang. personal opinion ko lang. sa fuel consumption, not really sure, but would the difference be something that significant?

skapunkboy01

• One of A Kind
  • Do something to help the world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 01:56:34 PM »
If you don't care being mistaken for a taxi then buy that Rio or Accent. If you want class but most expensive among these three cars, then buy the City. You can't see Hondas as taxis. They have a contract that their vehicles can't be use as a public transport. Save more money for the City. You won't regret buying it. Interior and exterior looks good plus the engine is the most powerful among its class.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:53:14 PM by skapunkboy01 »
Mga taong puro computer games, sugal, etc na puro walang maidudulot sa mundo na maganda. Dpat sila ang patayin hnd ang mga mtatanda. Bobo ng petisyon na i-legalize ang euthanasia.

Feeter Silverster

• cruise with me!
  • Hyundai Toyota Starex
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 08:35:58 PM »
Accent is a good car, honest to goodness car with great fuel economy, and it's a diesel. The size is almost like of Toyota Altis, so you can seat 5.
Unfortunately it's just available in 2 variants, but you can choose better colors, and aftermarket accessories can make it special for you.
The overall design is so simple, a hate-it or love-it affair, but the looks will grow on you especially if it continuously impress you with it's basic features and very reliable engine, and the impeccable fuel economy (again).

renzo_d10

• Keep It Simple. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
There is definitely a big plus on the Accent's side since it carries a mighty 1.5L engine. Yup, it may not be a looker like the honda city but it will surely defeat the City when it comes to the fuel efficiency comparo.  ;)

But you should also consider that diesel vehicles needs more attention when it comes to maintenance :)

What happened ? :| It`s now quantity over quality.
Learn from your experience, Toyota.
You should satisfy your customers like what you have done before ... like how you have satisfied us with your AE101 Corolla. :-bd

jhanny manalo

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »

Btw guys, I've seen this on the other website. Now we've just talked about this car. This thing is so different from its previous design. Think it's the 2010 Hyundai Accent? I guess so. Should Hyundai bring this thing on? I don't think so.

Well, the 2010 Hyundai Accent

The 2010 Hyundai Accent has been given a hefty facelift for its Korean home market. Dubbed the Verna Transform, it is possible that this new face will become the GCC-spec 2010 Accent, even if the rest of the car is largely the same.

New features include redesigned headlights, melted grille, mirror-mounted indicators, mild tail-light redo, new interior gauges, USB/AUX port, subwoofer and Bluetooth.

The Korean version comes with 1.4-litre and 1.5-litre engines, although the GCC market may get different engines, such as a 1.6-litre, if this version is offered in the UAE.

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 10:19:07 PM »
it is like the updates made to its platform mate-the kia rio
member: Elantra Pinas
cvvt/d-cvvt/ird-e/i-vtec/iForceVVT-i/re-vgt/Ti-VCT

myk384

• Junior writer
    • View Profile
    • friendster
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 09:17:32 PM »
now..... if only the Accent can embarrass V6 powered Camrys and Accords with it's fuel efficiency.... 

skapunkboy01

• One of A Kind
  • Do something to help the world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 06:51:10 AM »
Accent is a good car, honest to goodness car with great fuel economy, and it's a diesel. The size is almost like of Toyota Altis, so you can seat 5.
Unfortunately it's just available in 2 variants, but you can choose better colors, and aftermarket accessories can make it special for you.
The overall design is so simple, a hate-it or love-it affair, but the looks will grow on you especially if it continuously impress you with it's basic features and very reliable engine, and the impeccable fuel economy (again).

5 seats if the passengers are small.
Mga taong puro computer games, sugal, etc na puro walang maidudulot sa mundo na maganda. Dpat sila ang patayin hnd ang mga mtatanda. Bobo ng petisyon na i-legalize ang euthanasia.