Author Topic: toyota fortuner "GAS or DIESEL"  (Read 31277 times)

jgo

• View Profile
toyota fortuner "GAS or DIESEL"
« on: January 17, 2010, 01:09:44 AM »
Good day guys, planning to buy a fortuner but i got stuck with a question on what variant would i go for, a gas powed or deisel powered ones? could you guys help me with these questions.

for the gas fortuner, does some one knows its km/l consumption in city driving? same with the diesel .???

is it more expensive to maintain a diesel engine than a gas engine?......

thanks guys

rdjl_13

• View Profile
Re: toyota fortuner "GAS or DIESEL"
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 12:47:15 PM »
gas: 6 km/l
diesel (3.0L): 9-10 km/l

jgo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:30:10 PM »
thanks

Boy Torotot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 05:01:18 PM »
Diesel 4X4.

brellrain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 08:02:26 PM »
The diesel variant really is more economical, but with the d4d issues that toyota has, i'd go for the vvti.. Try looking at tsikot forums and search for d4d problems..

Feeter Silverster

• cruise with me!
  • Hyundai Toyota Starex
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 09:58:06 PM »
The diesel variant really is more economical, but with the d4d issues that toyota has, i'd go for the vvti.. Try looking at tsikot forums and search for d4d problems..

Yang D4D ang dapat nire- recall ng Toyota eh, mahinang klase ang CRDI system nila, ewan ko ba bakit hindi nila pinapansin ito. Maybe they're still waiting for a serious case or complaint before they act on this. Whew!

Autobot

• View Profile
Fortuner
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 10:55:42 PM »
Just wait for the all-new Fortuner, considering the Fortuner is already 4 years old.  Although I never had a Fortuner, I doubt the 9 - 10 kilometer fuel efficiency of the 3.0 D-4D.  But anyways, I suggest you go for a gas Fortuner, in my opinion, gas is definitely better than diesel, although diesel is cheaper than gas, but consider these : no noise, no vibration, no carbon black emission, faster acceleration, diesel engines are more expensive to maintain, they usually have 2 each of fuel & oil filters, bigger (expensive) air cleaners & oil changes.

Boy Torotot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 04:17:40 PM »
The D4D issues of the earlier batches should have been fixed by now. That's the problem witrh 1st batches, they become guinea pig units  ;)

Diesel technology have already advanced since the last decade so the previous discomforts associated with diesel are now becoming a thing of the past. Maintenance-wise, don't know if there's a night and day difference sa overall cost, you might want to ask around anong usual pinapalitan sa PMS ng gas & Diesel. Kasi may filters, may air cleaners at oil changes din ang gas.

rdjl_13

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 05:33:33 PM »
@Autobot, we own one so don't doubt. ;D

brellrain

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 09:22:21 PM »
The D4D issues of the earlier batches should have been fixed by now. That's the problem witrh 1st batches, they become guinea pig units  ;)

Diesel technology have already advanced since the last decade so the previous discomforts associated with diesel are now becoming a thing of the past. Maintenance-wise, don't know if there's a night and day difference sa overall cost, you might want to ask around anong usual pinapalitan sa PMS ng gas & Diesel. Kasi may filters, may air cleaners at oil changes din ang gas.
Who told you this? The sales agent? Don't bet on it yet, our 05 Innova took 4 years before the D4d problem showed up.. Let's wait 4-5 years(waranty expired) before we conclude if toyota has already fixed this, as far as I'm concerned, toyota is still using Denso system which is the problem for the D4d problem, they said they only changed some things like bigger hoses, etc but basically, it's still the same system.. It's not the fuel being dirty thing, it's the system, look at other crdi's out there, Sta fe, Everest, etc, that's because these cars use Bosch instead of Denso.. ;) So for the newer/current IMVs(fortuner, innova and hi-lux). you're not out of the woods yet.. Let's wait and see.. Well, hopefully nothing happens but there's no guarantee.. :(

skapunkboy01

• One of A Kind
  • Do something to help the world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 12:46:01 PM »
Go for the 2.7G. No more d4d problem. Plus diesel engines are noisy! Luxury means quiet and Comfort.
Mga taong puro computer games, sugal, etc na puro walang maidudulot sa mundo na maganda. Dpat sila ang patayin hnd ang mga mtatanda. Bobo ng petisyon na i-legalize ang euthanasia.

Boy Torotot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 03:54:48 PM »

Who told you this? The sales agent? Don't bet on it yet, our 05 Innova took 4 years before the D4d problem showed up.. Let's wait 4-5 years(waranty expired) before we conclude if toyota has already fixed this, as far as I'm concerned, toyota is still using Denso system which is the problem for the D4d problem, they said they only changed some things like bigger hoses, etc but basically, it's still the same system.. It's not the fuel being dirty thing, it's the system, look at other crdi's out there, Sta fe, Everest, etc, that's because these cars use Bosch instead of Denso.. ;) So for the newer/current IMVs(fortuner, innova and hi-lux). you're not out of the woods yet.. Let's wait and see.. Well, hopefully nothing happens but there's no guarantee.. :(
Yeah, sales agent and some posts by recent owners who haven't experienced the problem(yet?).
In that case, to be safe since no guarantee na fixed na talaga, go Gas na lang.

GhostHunter

• Project JDM
  • Auto-LPG equipped. Saving money since 2006.
    • View Profile
    • TSIKOT.COM
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 04:53:26 PM »
Go for the 2.7G. No more d4d problem. Plus diesel engines are noisy! Luxury means quiet and Comfort.

No diesel noise but the cost of gasoline will make you say "ouch" every time you visit the gas pump.

Feeter Silverster

• cruise with me!
  • Hyundai Toyota Starex
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 08:27:46 PM »
Yun lang GH, anlayo talaga ng price ng gas vs diesel ngayon, when you can really opt for diesel engines for cheaper fuel.
Pero sabi nila ganun din daw kasi mahal naman daw maintenance ng diesel engine.
If you could experience driving Hyundai Getz , Hyundai accent , new Grand Starex , Ford Focus , Ford Everest, Toyota Fortuner, Hilux, and Innova, Mitsubishi Montero and Strada. All were equipped with CRDI, hindi mo na mahahalata na diesel engine sila kasi super smooth at silent inside the cabin. For sure iiwan nyo mga gas-powered cars ninyo.