Author Topic: Lancer EX or Civic?  (Read 15169 times)

Vinzy

• "Learn it by ear, but Play it by heart"
    • View Profile
Re: Lancer EX or Civic?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 12:03:10 AM »
I'm also in search for a new car, same choices (Mitsu. Lancer EX GT-A / Honda Civic 2.0). I've been reading car magazines and and I'm impressed with both cars.

Mitsubishi Lancer EX GTA has that sporty look and dashing interior design specially the sound system its self (Rockford Fostgate) and a CVT transmission. Civic can be stylish too with the cool dashboard and digitalized meters and also as we all know Honda has a good performance, engine, and good fuel consumption  throughout the years.

What concerns me is the maintenance of both cars. Also the performance of a lancer EX GTA cvt compared to the Civic 2.0 i-vtec.

Comments? thanx...   ;)

enzofroilan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »
go for the lancer EX

vivienshoshanna

• Jumbo Dirty Cat - Super Jacket Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 05:04:51 PM »
^is lancer Ex is better?

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 07:51:02 PM »
yes it is, in fact the lancer ex is currently the bench mark in the compact class
member: Elantra Pinas
cvvt/d-cvvt/ird-e/i-vtec/iForceVVT-i/re-vgt/Ti-VCT

aldrin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 01:50:26 AM »
 i can say that the lancer ex gta is not just the better choice... it is the BEST!!!! i have driven both the civic FD 2.0 and the lancer ex gt-a. with a 2.0 liter engine, the lancer has more power giving 155 horses than the civic wc has 153. plus the lancer has more torque than the civic.

at first i was in doubt about what the agent from mitsu told us... it consumes 12km/l of gasoline city+provincial driving. but i was amazed when we tested it when we went to zambales. it even went up to 17km/l. i can attest to it coz i've seen it with my own eyes. with that consumption, i'd go with the lancer. more power+style, more POGI POINTS... and girls too. hahaha.....

lancer has a high resale value coz its rare. not like the civic. it's like an eagle soaring in the metro skies. the civic on the other hand, is like the  bird "maya", its everywhere. like anyone in the middle class can afford it.

if i were u, i would DEFINITELY choose the lancer ex gt-a.

joelklim

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 12:48:00 AM »
lancer ex for me..

eljo3025

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 12:44:13 AM »
For me it's the Honda Civic.

1.There are more Honda Civics in the road so resale won't be an issue.
2.The Honda Civic is more fuel efficient than the Lancer EX. I have a Honda CR-V 2.0 which is an SUV but it consumes 8.0-9.5km/l while my friend's 2.0 Lancer EX MX CVT consumes 7.0-8.0km/l.
3.The Civic has more aftermarket parts both in performance and aesthetics.
4.The Lancer EX is overpriced. A compact car at 1.295m compared to the Civic which is 1.115m. That is 180,000 pesos savings or mods.
5.The Honda Civic's interior looks better.
6.The Lancer EX looks like a Watered-Down Lancer Evolution. At least in the Civic you have bragging rights that it is the top of the line variant.

The downside about the Civic though is it's gonna be replaced with the 9th gen Civic this year.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:47:40 AM by eljo3025 »

karutoyz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »
want an overall comparison? I have my review here. just contact me at 09224300073 or 09174688252. I'm a bonafide Sales Executive of Union Motors Caloocan. I can email to you the comparison of Mitsubishi lancer ex and honda civic.