Author Topic: Toyota Yaris Honda Jazz or Suzuki Swift???  (Read 68076 times)

luckyluis

• View Profile
Toyota Yaris Honda Jazz or Suzuki Swift???
« on: April 03, 2007, 06:55:08 AM »
Help Me Out Here Guys...I'm Plannin' To Buy A New Car These Season And Please Do Give Me Your Thoughts On These Three Superior Minis...Which Do You Think Would Be The Best Unit To Buy? You Can Post Whatever Is On Your Mind...I Even Alloy You To BASH The Competition! Hahahahaha! Thanks You Guys! LuckyLuis Over And Out!

al_motor

• Retro car...retro bike.
  • tricycles:15kmh of progress on the 100kmh highway
    • View Profile
Re: Toyota Yaris Honda Jazz or Suzuki Swift???
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 08:06:36 AM »
practicality and features-jazz
presence and style-swift
Your car is only good for the days you can drive it.

Speed=Distance over time. The longer your car stays in the workshop, the slower it really is. :D

9hp  > 127hp

GhostHunter

• Project JDM
  • Auto-LPG equipped. Saving money since 2006.
    • View Profile
    • TSIKOT.COM
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 05:10:53 PM »
what are your priorities when buying a car?  Practicality or style?

Jazz is a practical car but the Swift has more style points.

luckyluis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 02:31:19 PM »
Let Me Be Honest With You I'm Sort Of Leaning On The Toyota Yaris On This One...The Swift Is Just Too Flashy For Me And The Cabin Is Just A Little On The Cramped Size...The Honda Jazz Would Be A Great Pick And Quite Similar In Specs With The Yaris...But With The Yaris I Get A lesser Price Approx 50k Less And The Joys Of Owning A Toyota Which Offers Great Services And The Parts Are All Over The Market With A Fair Price...Kinda Like The Nokia Counterpart When It Comes To Cars...Hehehehehe! My Only Problem With The Yaris Is With Regards To Its Performance...It's A New Car So The Performance Is A Mystery...I Did Read The Article In TopGear And FHM and They Did Say The Car Handled Well Overall...The Experts Agree With The Specs But I Would Want To Hear From The Users...Those That Really Owned The Car  Already...Hehehehehe! I Greatly Appreciated Everyone Who Viewed And Replied With This Post...Thanks So Much Guys! Please Fill Me In With Info And Details Every Now And Then...A Mag Article Or A User's Testimonial Would Be Highly Appreciated! Have A Great Holy Week You Guys! LuckyLuis Over And Out.... :D

dinzo

• Top Gear Magazine Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:31:23 PM »
Hi Luis,

Thank you for taking the time out to post questions. We're sorry for the late reply, things have just been more hectic than usual.

So Yaris vs Swift vs Jazz vs Picanto vs Getz?

Personally I've driven the last three, I've ridden on the Swift, I have sat in the Yaris' cabin. For the Koreans, I like the Picanto more than the Getz. The Getz I drove was the CRDi version, and that diesel engine takes getting used to. The surge of torque requires adjusting how you shift. The Picanto on the other hand seems more suited to its powerplant. Both interiors are surprisingly roomy (I should know). Fit and finish are about the same, better than you expect but still reflective of their price bracket. The Picanto is more fun to drive. The short wheelbase makes it agile and easy to maneuver. Did I say it was fun to drive?

As for the Jazz, I haven't driven the latest 1.5L variant. But the first 1.3L was also loads of fun. Even the thumb shifters on the steering wheel are fun, never mind that the power is far from racing spec. Nevertheless there's enough power to put a smile on your face, and isn't that what's important? The looks are a love it or hate it. If you love it then seriously consider the Jazz because it means you'll be choosing a car you really want, not a conclusion you came to after weighing pros and cons. There's nothing wrong with subjective comparison, but there's something special about buying a car because it's what you want. Of course it's your money...

The Swift is also a very good looking car. I spoke to a guy from a dealer recently and they said they can't keep them in the showroom long enough. I don't blame them. Swift has a knack of pulling out a very cool small car from their hat every now and then. The Swift looks like the Japanese version of the mini. But because of the high demand, Suzuki took the bottom line approach and priced it just a little out of its bracket. In other words, they know they have a cool car on their hands. The disappointing thing is the inside of the car fails to live up to its exciting exterior. And it wouldn't hurt to lower the price...

The Yaris has the most potential. Our family has a Toyota Echo, its predecessor, and it is one of the best cars I've owned, nay driven. We've always waited for the Echo to return, and now that it has (in an alternate name) we can't wait to drive it for real. Well the rest of us anyway, Drew got to drive it way back for his feature the lucky bastard. Going back, the Yaris has the engine - the energetic and fuel efficient powerplant found in the Echo and Vios -, the looks, and the interior to be a winner. And the price, while not bargain basement cheap, seems fair for what it offers. If they bring in the TRD version we'll unanimously vote it Car of the Year.

My advice? Narrow your choice to two, then drive both. Go to your dealer and ask for a test drive. Any casa should be willing to accommodate you. If you can wait we'll be doing a test drive soon.

Did I miss anything? Whew. Just post if you have any more questions.

Thanks for the support.

Dinzo

al_motor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 06:03:58 PM »
if they won't sell a TRD yaris here...

then let's build you a turbocharged yaris/vitz/echo! haha!

Speed=Distance over time. The longer your car stays in the workshop, the slower it really is. :D

9hp  > 127hp

dinzo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 02:39:16 PM »
Nice car. Can we feature it?

al_motor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 07:29:56 PM »
sure, just PM me :)

more pics:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 07:34:14 PM by al_motor »

9hp  > 127hp

Carmela Ortiz-Kaewdaeng

• ชมพู ปอ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 01:27:54 AM »
@al_motor Wow  :o Nice echo.

Deyn Man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 02:54:32 PM »
LOL!!!!  ;D

hahaha! Wowoweewow!!!  ;D

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 05:20:37 PM »
Toyota Yaris shares 15% of platform with the Suzuki Swift even with the looks,on some angles they look a like(tail lights,fascia).But Yaris is more roomy and practical,if not as practical and roomy as the Jazz.Also fuel efficiency of the manual is topnotch(Yaris).On jazz fuel economy is good but needed full concentration to conserve fuel.Also R.P. model Yaris performs better than USDM
member: Elantra Pinas
cvvt/d-cvvt/ird-e/i-vtec/iForceVVT-i/re-vgt/Ti-VCT

Evobaru

• Car nut
  • A Stig Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 07:32:48 PM »
Well,i think the best of the lot is the Yaris....it's roomy and good-looking...noy to mention it's a Toyota which is known for high resale value....The Jazz is great especially that it's got a CVT tranny.....The Swift looks really good but i can't trust Suzuki's quality yet......
I'm a heavy smoker (of tires)...

iluvhonda

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 04:01:14 PM »
the all new Honda Jazz will be shown for the first time in the Philippines on 21-24 August at the 2nd Philippine International Motor Show at World Trade Center. 

If you go to www.hondajazzfuv.com, you can download the invite and if you bring this to the Honda booth you get limited edition Honda Jazz items !   nice game too with the personalized carvatar. 

maxbuwaya

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 04:08:39 PM »
CaNT  go wrong with Toyota's award winning 1NZ-FE Engine

Pero with Suzuki

May Suzu ka na may ki ka pa!

GhostHunter

• Project JDM
  • Auto-LPG equipped. Saving money since 2006.
    • View Profile
    • TSIKOT.COM
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 04:27:06 PM »
The new Honda Jazz wins hands down.