Author Topic: Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 GLS CVT  (Read 11213 times)

rdjl_13

• View Profile
Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 GLS CVT
« on: May 18, 2010, 06:22:29 PM »
i just want to know if this car really bang for the buck than the honda city or toyota vios. please post your comments. :)

Feeter Silverster

• cruise with me!
  • Hyundai Toyota Starex
    • View Profile
Re: Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 GLS CVT
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 08:08:58 PM »
As for the looks versus City or Vios which are very 2009ish, this lancer looks like model 2006, but it's still upon the eyes of the owner if he's not that particular on looks.
Remember, it got 1.6 engine and full sedan size as compared to 1.3 engine and compact body of Vios and City, so still bang for the buck.

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 08:14:28 PM »
  Not really since its a lot older than both the vios and city. This lancer however offers better value if pitted against the high end variants of the leading subcompacts with their prices kissing the 800k mark  while the lancer gls is priced at less than 750k. The cedia lancer has roomier cabin space than the city and the vios but the latter has more trunk space.

Since you're eyeing a car in the subcompact sedan category take a look at the mazda 2 which is priced at 725k for the m.t and  785k for the a/t-the mazda 2 is currently the most exciting car in its class while offering good value against its rivals.
member: Elantra Pinas
cvvt/d-cvvt/ird-e/i-vtec/iForceVVT-i/re-vgt/Ti-VCT

rdjl_13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 12:57:18 PM »
thanks for the comments. i'm not buying a car. i just want to know because this car is priced lower than other subcompacts but it has a bigger body, engine and has nice specs. it also has a 6 speed CVT. the only problem is the design. hehe. thanks anyway. :) just post your other comments. :D

enzofroilan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 07:36:19 PM »
careful with the lancer's CVT, as too much abuse might overheat and damage the gearbox... also, it's good as a cornering machine...

midas.soul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 11:42:40 PM »
I agree. Just the aesthetics is the turn off. It looks out dated. But, nevertheless, comparing it to some of the cars at its price range, I'd say its still a good buy.