Author Topic: Which of today's 7 seater SUV is the best buy?  (Read 12638 times)

JSmooth99

• View Profile
Which of today's 7 seater SUV is the best buy?
« on: July 11, 2010, 04:36:33 pm »
Hello everyone! I'm a newbie here and I really need inputs from you guys because I am considering buying a new 7 seater SUV in the future. Some of the players in this category is the Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Monterosport, Ford Everest, Chevrolet Captiva, Hyundai Santa Fe, Isuzu Alterra, Kia Sorrento etc. Which one is the best bang for the buck? It would be helpful if you can state the pros and cons of the model you have chosen. I am leaning towards a 4x2 and diesel engine only. Thanks!

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
Re: Which of today's 7 seater SUV is the best buy?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 06:43:19 pm »
the santa fe provides hotrod performance, the everest,alterra and captiva offers a lot of goodies and the montero sport and fortuner offers very good value for money and not to mention availability in vast dealer network
member: Elantra Pinas
cvvt/d-cvvt/ird-e/i-vtec/iForceVVT-i/re-vgt/Ti-VCT

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:44:14 pm »
Try to check also Suzuki Grand Vitara  ;)

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 06:49:45 pm »

the sevenseater version of the grandvitara- dubbed as the xl-7 is no longer available in our market

member: Elantra Pinas
cvvt/d-cvvt/ird-e/i-vtec/iForceVVT-i/re-vgt/Ti-VCT

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 05:51:31 am »

the sevenseater version of the grandvitara- dubbed as the xl-7 is no longer available in our market

Thanks chief for the info.... ka-sayang pala at wala na....

May Volkswagen conglomerate of cars na ba sa atin, the likes of diesel SUV's like Audi Q7, VW Touareg, and Porsche Cayenne, and how much do they cost, if any?

Feeter Silverster

• cruise with me!
  • Hyundai Toyota Starex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 06:16:33 am »
the santa fe provides hotrod performance, the everest,alterra and captiva offers a lot of goodies and the montero sport and fortuner offers very good value for money and not to mention availability in vast dealer network

For me a car/ SUV would have more value if she could load more passengers. I personally would prefer Adventure, Starex or Avanza 7-seater rather than these costly cars.
But for better cars, I would recommend Captiva, Fortuner, Montero Sport, Innova, and Everest for value for money.

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 07:13:01 am »
For me a car/ SUV would have more value if she could load more passengers. I personally would prefer Adventure, Starex or Avanza 7-seater rather than these costly cars.
But for better cars, I would recommend Captiva, Fortuner, Montero Sport, Innova, and Everest for value for money.

Kapt, kung kargahan lang, walang tatalo sa Sarao natin with 4B-ewan engine ahihi  ;D

malinkelly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 04:32:16 pm »

among the last six cars you've mentioned, which is the best?

JSmooth99

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 08:08:59 am »

I actually am leaning towards the santa fe, monterosport and everest more. Can anyone give me inputs on the 3?

JSmooth99

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 08:16:10 am »

I agree with you but my family is not that big. I only have 1 3 yo boy and 1 more coming this month plus me, my wife and 2 helpers. The 7 seater SUV is enough for us plus it's more pogi than adventure, starex, avansa or even the innova you have mentioned.  :D

buzwix

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 11:02:45 am »

Smooth, which SUV do you plan to get? your input might help me as well as I am in the same situation as yours :-)

I agree with you but my family is not that big. I only have 1 3 yo boy and 1 more coming this month plus me, my wife and 2 helpers. The 7 seater SUV is enough for us plus it's more pogi than adventure, starex, avansa or even the innova you have mentioned.  :D

GTi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 07:40:11 pm »
The Fortuner is notorious for being matagtag, has a lack of entertainment features, and there's just too many on the road.  Personally, I don't like the rear of the Montero Sport and the fact that it's bumper is almost nonexistent doesn't make it look masculine at all, though the front is ok, and its also getting generic nowadays.  I'd take the Everest for the grunt coupled with the only 5 speed A/T in its class, handsome 18 inchers, great entertainment system, the sturdy chassis and formidable offroading capabilities.

joelklim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 07:15:24 pm »
If diesel is what you need.. no one beats Isuzu.. Go for the Alterra

expatio

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 02:33:09 am »
IMO the Izuzu Alterra is well overpriced for what you get.
Top model gets 16" alloys :( and leaf springs :( in the rear and only 146hp from 3L. And it costs almost as much as a Top of the range Montero or Fortuner.
Probably makes sense if most of your driving is on unpaved roads.

morlock101

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 08:45:31 pm »
Guyz, may i know f magkakano magasto mag change oil between everest, montero and fortuner 4x2's? plus sa cost ng tires magkakano rin po ba? meron na rin bang available na montero 4x2 M/T? tnx..