Author Topic: HELP: Montero Sport? Ford Everest? Chevrolet Captiva  (Read 11768 times)

cecille

• View Profile
HELP: Montero Sport? Ford Everest? Chevrolet Captiva
« on: January 03, 2011, 09:12:43 PM »
Hi to all!!!

I am a newbie here and in buying cars. We have mitsubishi car na maingay and may problem sa window but we have no major problems with our Pajero for 10 years now.

I would like to buy a Big car 7 seater and im down to 3 choices - Montero Sport (2010), Ford Everest (2011) and Chevrolet Captiva. All leather upholstery, 4x2, automatic and diesel.

Things to consider:
1) Fuel Consumption
2) Maintenance
3) Performance
4) Safety
5) Comfort
6) Long term perspective

Pros and cons, please. Much appreciated.

dheezhee

• View Profile
Re: HELP: Montero Sport? Ford Everest? Chevrolet Captiva
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 11:03:12 PM »
Hi,

TGP last April 2010 (issue 62) featured a comparo between the Montero, Everest and Alterra (missed the Chevy) but I guess we can at least see the PROs and CONs of 2 of the vehicles being considered:

# These may not be the exact same models as what your looking for but I hope it helps

Mitsubishi Montero Sport
    PROs:
      - good for transitioning between driving a car to an SUV
      - younger, stylish design
      - mod friendly
      - best suspension in class

CONs:
      - less comfy seats (sporty daw kasi and not couch like)
      - only a basic sound system is included
      - wala daw leather seats (baka yung variant lang under test)

Ford Everest
    PROs:
      - iPod dock and LCD displays
      - generous legroom
      - outside noise is minimal
      - very responsive throttle
      - smooth transmission

CONs:
      - rough ride due to the 18 inch rims with low profile tires

To highlight some key differences
SpecsEverestMontero
airbags42
leatheryesno
hp141@3,500rpm134@3,500rpm
torque330@1,800rpm314@2,000rpm
transmission5-speed auto4-speed auto
curb weight1922kg1945kg

Summary lang po ito, better to read the actual comparo kasi I may have accidentally left out some important features.

Hope this helps.

cecille

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 09:29:20 PM »
Thank you!!!  :) may leather seat na rin sa Montero, ung top of the line nila pro of course more expensive. You can also pay extra for leather upholstery for the not so expensive line.

dheezhee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 09:53:54 PM »
Ay, ngayon ko lang po pala nahalatang hindi ko na-indicate kung anong car ang nanalo sa comparo. Everest po. Why? torquiest engine, 2 extra airbags, biggest wheels and most reasonable price.

At dun po sa isa pang popular car magazine  :-X
For 2010, finalist sa compact SUV segment ang sorento, montero at fortuner. Hindi po kasama ang everest.

Parang lalo ko po kayong nagulo hehe. Pero it really is a really competitive segment. Suggestion ko po, schedule a test drive. Tutal, narrowed down na po ang choices. When I had only 2 options left on my list (i just bought a sedan  ::)), I picked my choice based on the feel of the test drive.

Goodluck po, regardless I think that both cars will not disappoint.

carlcarter15

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 01:25:01 AM »
hey guys.. i'm also planning to buy a car this summer.. and i'm choosing between mitsubishi strada 3.2 gls sports AT and montero 2.5 gls AT.. can you please help me to choose..

eljo3025

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 01:16:11 AM »
@cecille
Montero Sport best looking and most powerful in the lot. I guess the cheapest too. (just buy the leather seats aftermarket)

@carl carter.
Buy the Montero Sport. It's an SUV which can sit more people. It's more comfortable to ride passengers in. The Montero Sport 2.5 gls V now has VGT which has 12-15ps more than the 3.2 gls sport of the strada.

Lastly, you can bring the Montero Sport anywhere even in a Hotel, the Strada nope.

If it's for daily use buy the Montero. Only buy a Strada for business or recreation in which there are more other pick-ups to choose from with bigger beds, more powerful engines or cheaper variants.

mafabie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 04:03:39 PM »
hi there,
In a similar dilemma waiting to test drive the montero sport, the new one,just finished test driving the Everest ...its big, a bit heavy,brakes are a bit deep in biting. Its got power though and the seats are way comfy. I agree ride is a little bumpy we were going through some village streets and I could feel the shakes along my spine. I like it for the price and the frills, its really decent, whats the consumption on the Everest anyway? ???
I dont know im moving in from a car to an suv so... :o anyway will look into booking a captiva test drive next or the tucson, all of these are basically in the same price range. I would want a full size primarily. On the initial stages so would really appreciate any feedback...or contacts on best prices from you experts out there. 

mafabie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 10:57:27 PM »
Budgetary constraints and a twitch for practicality but a want for a fashionable vehicle veered me into the Mitsubishi showroom and ....so after quite a wait i finally got to test drive the Montero Sport 4x2 ......nice..very nice.

It was comfortable, had respectable power and handled well on turns. It may not have all the bells and whistles pumped in there but as in the previous posts why not customize it and put it in after. Leather seats would be nice but the velour type fabric seemed to fit in nicely. Old school dials and not too prime time switches, new LCD display with GPS and maps, trip tracker and etc, gave it a nice "YES" factor. Waiting for consumption reviews though. the new 2.5 ltr engine said to generate more power should be more efficient but will patiently get more feedback.

Besides I'm on queue to try out the Tucson and Santa Fe>>>long wait. i guess Hyundai doesn't need any marketing as the wait time is like forever.

Not in any rush this is a big investment for me and I want to be sure this vehicle has all that it takes to last me a few good years.

karutoyz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 12:45:01 PM »
Montero has a new unit. the vgt version automatic. mas tipid sa gas kc ginagamit ang air pressure sa makina. vgt means variable geometric turbo. for further inquiries you can contact me at 09224300073 or 09174688252. I'm a bonafide Sales Executive of Union Motors Caloocan. Thanks...