Author Topic: strada 4x4 3.2 vs dmax 4x4 3.0  (Read 14503 times)

jaejae

• View Profile
Re: strada 4x4 3.2 vs dmax 4x4 3.0
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 08:19:34 AM »
the strada VGT is out already... the MT has 400Nm torque 178 PS....
go for strada...D-max is a great truck but if you don't want to eat dust all the time...go for Strada... it can smoke a Navara.....

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »
the strada VGT is out already... the MT has 400Nm torque 178 PS....
go for strada...D-max is a great truck but if you don't want to eat dust all the time...go for Strada... it can smoke a Navara.....

Yup, the Strada VGT manual-tranny is out for 2012. But that 400 Nm of peak torque is narrowly distributed only at 2000 rpm and then past that rev, the torque curve drops off tremendosuly along the rev-range ---- NOT GOOD.

Both the 2.5-litre Navara (it has long been equipped with VGT and it comes with a high rail pressure that's why power is boosted) and the Strada VGT have very anemic torque curves; hardly any torque below 2000 rpm, then peaks up only at a single-spot at 2000 rpm, and the dip dives sharply along the rev-range.

You guys might all be wondering and easily get amazed why at 2.5-litre only they are capable of 170 plus hp BUT at screaming diesel revs of 4000 rpm ---- well, the answer lies only on "BOOSTING", and that is more boost pressure that why they are capable of higher hp at high-revs. The moment their turbochargers get broken or sustain even just a pin-size hole, however, they would all go back to producing less than 100 hp output.

The rule of thumb ---- simply you CANNOT subsititute displacement (say a mildy-boosted 3.0-litre diesel vs. a highly-strung boosted 2.5-litre engine) with boosting.

jaejae

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 06:50:41 PM »
^^nice info you got there dtkiko...so you're saying your 3.0 D-max can keep up with the 2012 Strada? please be clear... karera na!! hehehe

you know what i like you and dislike you.... i like you for your chip by chip data, but i don't like how you mess up a good topic to discuss among supposed to be gentlemen ;)

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 07:33:08 PM »
^^nice info you got there dtkiko...so you're saying your 3.0 D-max can keep up with the 2012 Strada? please be clear... karera na!! hehehe

you know what i like you and dislike you.... i like you for your chip by chip data, but i don't like how you mess up a good topic to discuss among supposed to be gentlemen ;)

For all you know sir the Philippine-DMax 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ is an old 2004 model CRDi engine that is non-VGT. It also has a different gearing specs compared to the Navara and the Strada, the two locally available pickups today that are running on highly-boosted 2.5-litre CRDi diesels that are enhanced with VGT's.

BUT if you ask me to compare the landspeed of the 3.0-litre Hilux D4-D vs. the 2.5-litre Strada GLS-V, all i can say is that the Hilux gives faster landspeed than the Strada GLS-V. At 2000 rpm, the Hilux AT is running at 110 kph even at 4th-gear, while the Strada or Montysport 5-speed tranny is running at around 100 kph at 5th-gear in actual speed ---- again, do not refer to your cluster meter when determining the correct speed because the cluster or your odometer speed is just an indicative measure of your landspeed not necessarily the actual

If you would like to keep an open-mind onto this discussion, i can you a sample computation on how speed is determined by gearing, rpm, and tire specs....

jaejae

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 09:00:33 PM »
^^ i don't  base my judgement on the clustermeter and the gear computation... i'd rather base it on who will stare at the tail light of which...  the ACTUAL way sir....

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 10:35:07 PM »
^^ i don't  base my judgement on the clustermeter and the gear computation... i'd rather base it on who will stare at the tail light of which...  the ACTUAL way sir....

;D Hehe, sabi ko na nga ba eh.... Ganito lang yan kasi papi na kahit 5-year old kong pamangkin naintindihan ;D

Now, since you have a Montysport, let's do the Monty GT-V - 101.6 kph at 2000 rpm

The stock Montysport GTV is running on 265/65/R17 tires, while the Strada GLS Sport V 4x4 is running on 245/65/R17 tires ---- therefore, the Montysport even when it shares the same gearing specs with the Strada, still has the advantage of speed because it has better running tires for speed. The Strada will run at about 98.2 kph at that same 2000 rpm engine radial speed.

Here are the specs taken directly from Mitsubishi Phils website:

http://www.mmpc.ph/monterosport-gtv/specifications.php
http://www.mmpc.ph/stradaGLS-Sport-V-4x4/specifications.php

Yang mga specs papa PINO-PROVIDE yan ng mga manufacturers PARA mag-isip ang mga car consumers for comparison with other cars. GINAGAMIT yan sir at hindi lang for display ;)

Puede mong tignan muna yan papa (o kahit hindi kung ayaw mo), then i will post the 3.0-litre Fortuner D-4D's (or the 3.0-litre Hilux D-4D) land speed and specs at tha same 2000 rpm and even the 2.2-litre Hyundai Santa Fe R-eVGT's speed and specs.

Isn't you called for an educated gentleman's discussion in the first place? i'm just returning the favour ;)

jaejae

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 07:18:35 AM »
present na namanang "5-year old pamangkin" hahaha  ;D

as i've said i like your details,  so can you show me their power to weight ratio  ;)

Sta. Fe is a speed demon hands down, ya don't have to mention it  ::)

JAB232

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 09:33:23 PM »
Mr. dtkiko sir pakipost naman ng speed and gear calculations for philippine issue D-max, for your info I have a D-Max Boondock 4x4 LS. D-max ang pick up truck ng mga gwapo.....

Thanks and more power...

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 11:09:13 PM »
Mr. dtkiko sir pakipost naman ng speed and gear calculations for philippine issue D-max, for your info I have a D-Max Boondock 4x4 LS. D-max ang pick up truck ng mga gwapo.....

Thanks and more power...

Hay nako Sir Jab, pagdating sa Isuzu these days or anything about them, SPECIFICALLY Isuzu Phils. wala ako gana.... The new 2012 RT-50 pickup isn't coming here neither the old but very potent 2006 model DMax iTEQ VGS Turbo that's being offered everywhere except here in Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam.

Even for 2012 now, the Philippines still remains practically just a junkyard of old Isuzu engines. We're still basically supplied with old 2004 model 4JJ1-TC engines dubbed as 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ in our Philippine-issued DMax and Alterra. Our turbochargers are still the old wastegate types.

Have you read the unbelievable excuse that Isuzu Phils said about the RT-50 why they don't know if it will be offered here in Philippines? They will have hard time converting "daw" right-hand steering to left-hand hehe  ::) ....Isuzu has been here in Philippines since the days of the Isuzu Gemini in the early 70's and over the decades, do they mean that they haven't mustered the Philippine-commerce of car trading and sales? Unbelievable! Anyone in his right mind would not believe that claim by Isuzu Phils of course  ::)

Just join us at the "other" forum, which i will spell with a "dash" since TG Phils. is disbaling the link and name of this famous Filipino forum, t-s-i-k-o-t.com and go to Isuzu forum. i have posted in there the speed and rpm of the DMax at the thread where you'd also see the tachometer and speedometer reading taken by Benzmizer while speeding the DMax auto-tranny 4x2 running 165 kph at 3500 rev ----  "What's your fastest speed in your Isuzu?"

Compared to the 3.0 Hilux D-4D, 2.5-litre Strada GLX-V and GLS Sport-V, 2.5-litre Nissan Navara LE, and probably, with the 3.0 Ranger TDCi and 3.0 Mazda BT-50 (although i haven't look at their paper specs), our old 2004 model engine DMax 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ is SLOW, SLOW, and SLOW due also to a bigger final-drive and gear ratios at each shift ;D

mindkinetic

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 08:42:18 PM »
torque curve is relatively flat over a relatively wide range of rpm.Curves are drawn at full throttle.  power is directly proportional to rpm and not torque.having said this it is more relevant to understand that higher torque ratings are more important than high horsepower ratings if you pull a trailer, haul heavy loads or drive on roads with long, steep grades.however if you like to see how fast you can get from point a to point b -- or if you do a lot of other quick acceleration driving -- horsepower is more important. Again choose the car that is best tailored to your driving dynamics. :) :) :)
BMW 320d idrive
Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.5 duramax
suzuki swift

dtkiko

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 08:38:08 AM »
Who wants a hugely-discounted Mobil 1 Super-Syn 0W-40 fully synthetic oil for his DMax, Hilux, Strada, Navara, Ranger etc? (only 63 hours 24 minutes remaining to avail of this promo as of this posting)
http://www.saveonpinoy.com/deal/Only-P540-For-A-1-Liter-Mobil-1-0W-40-Fully-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-For-Gas-And-Diesel-Engines---Makati-Valued-At-P900.html

Make no mistake about it gentlemen that the 0W-40 oil grade is just an indicative property; real viscosity or weight of oil lies in its kinematic viscosity given in centiStokes (cSt) across different temperatures, as provided in the attached product info:
http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_0W-40.aspx

You may take note of the following:

1. That at 100-deg Celsius it still has a viscosity or thickness of 13.5 cSt, almost just similar to the Motul Specific CRDi 5W-40 fully-synthetic viscosity of 13.9 cSt at that same temperature;

2. The Mobil 1 0W-40 also contains a higher TBN of 11.8 (almost similar to the Delvac 5W-40's TBN of 12.0), better than the fully synthetics Motul Specific CRDi 5W-40 having only 7.4 and better than the Torco SD-5 MPZ of only around 8.0;

3. It also has a higher flash point (resistance to burn) than the Motul oil and the Mobil 1 Delvac 5W-40; and

4. Higher viscosity index (an indicator or a measure of oil's stability NOT changing much across temperature changes - so the higher the index, the more stable is the oil), than any of the oils mentioned here, even better than its more viscous brother, Mobil Delvac 5W-40.

Why i mentioned the other oils and compare them to this Mobil1 0W-40 fully-synthetic? ---- Because alongside the much thinner or less viscous Besco 10W-30 semi-synthetic oil, Isuzu also recommends the Mobil1 Delvac 5W-40, Torco SD-5 MPZ 15W-40, and Motul Specific CRDi 5W-40 among its list of oil. Take note, Isuzu's much beloved in-house oil, the Besco 10W-30, only has a kinematic viscosity of less than 10 cSt at 100-deg Celcius. At 40-deg Celsius, it has only 65 cSt.

Up to you guys to take advantage of the discount....