Author Topic: Distilled Water for radiator  (Read 3288 times)

Doc G

• I am an Eleonor
    • View Profile
Distilled Water for radiator
« on: May 24, 2007, 11:43:21 PM »
Ever since I've  learned how to drive, my uncle would always remind us here @ home to use Distilled water to fill in our radiators. He said Tap water, w/c contains high levels of Chlorine, would damage the radiator, especially if used everyday. He also advised not to use Mineral water, as it contains many elements & could erode the radiator. Even the water  that you weren't able to consume from your bottle shouldn't be poured in because traces of protein residues & acid would seep in ,causing damage.
              No wonder my neighbor here , who owns a jeep,would always complain of having his radiator flushed constantly due to clogs...his water source? From the nearby murky creek! :o

Evobaru

• Car nut
  • A Stig Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Distilled Water for radiator
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 09:47:54 PM »
Is it true?but i think it really is....my dad puts water in the radiator using a hose.......we had it repaired about three times........so its really true.....ill tell my dad...... ;)
I'm a heavy smoker (of tires)...

Doc G

• I am an Eleonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 10:21:21 PM »
Yah you better tell your dad because just this morning our neighbor living next door had an over heat problem w/ his Pajero. He found out that his radiator was empty considering that he just placed TAP water in it 15 minutes ago. Upon further examination, he discovered that the radiator had a hole already & was rusted inside. He's been using Tap water for his radiator for the past 2 years. I told him about using distilled water & gosh he was so surprised..I think he raided the distilled water @the supermarket this afternoon...natakot!  ;D ;D

Evobaru

• Car nut
  • A Stig Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 10:28:54 PM »
Maybe your neighbor is in a financial crisis......thats why he rushed to the supermarket to avoid more repair fees.... :D

Doc G

• I am an Eleonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 06:11:26 PM »
I don't think so...because he already bought a brand new Town & Country Chrysler to replace his Pajero!!!  ;)
               You know it's a fact that using distilled water for your car could really extend the shelf life of your radiator. Like in my clinic I have this Autoclave machine w/c I use to sterilize my instruments. The technician would always remind me Please Doc use distilled water only. The water could be used again but just for the 2nd time only. To use Tap water could damage the interior parts of the machine. So it holds true...... better use it than be sorry in the long run. ;)

Evobaru

• Car nut
  • A Stig Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 07:51:19 PM »
I don't think so...because he already bought a brand new Town & Country Chrysler to replace his Pajero!!!  ;)
               You know it's a fact that using distilled water for your car could really extend the shelf life of your radiator. Like in my clinic I have this Autoclave machine w/c I use to sterilize my instruments. The technician would always remind me Please Doc use distilled water only. The water could be used again but just for the 2nd time only. To use Tap water could damage the interior parts of the machine. So it holds true...... better use it than be sorry in the long run. ;)
Well he's milloinaire alright.........you have to sell an arm and leg just to buy a Chrysler Town&Country......hehehe ;D ;D