Author Topic: Need Help Choosing...  (Read 1796 times)

BigBaby08

• View Profile
Need Help Choosing...
« on: April 30, 2011, 01:54:07 am »
I've been stuck between 3 SUV's... so damn hard to choose
1. Audi Q5 - complete package with bang & olufsen speakers and moon roof, problem is that im pretty sure that they will update it in mid 2013

2. 2011 BMW X3 - New and good looking car, but most of the features indicated in their site is not applicable in our country ( NO heads up display, NO keyless entry go, NO rear and side cams, NO 8.8 screen). BIMMER BUMMER

3. 2011 Porsche Cayenne - complete package and very nice ride, but 2m more than the 2. it would be more of a leisure than functionality (Afraid that it wont be worth the money).

so here's when i get stuck...
initially im receiving my quarterly dividend from my parents company - im still young. i decided to invest some of it to an SUV that would fit my family including the yaya - yes... I'm a dad also

Is it worth it if i go for the cayenne but also afraid that its so expensive and just gonna be a waste of good money. or am i better off with the cheaper Q5 or the bummer.

NOTE: PLEASE DONT BASH MY POST... IM ASKING FOR TRUTHFUL AND HONEST ANSWERS ONLY
AND PLEASE WAG SABIHIN NA NAGYAYABANG LANG " BECAUSE I DONT KNOW YOU AND YOU DONT KNOW ME" I wont get anything from this.  :-X

most votes is the SUV i choose...  :)

maranello_5775

• genuine car addict
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Choosing...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 10:14:30 pm »
based on your choices I still pick the cayenne because it is steps ahead of the two in terms of performance

you can also take a look at the volvo xc60
member: Elantra Pinas
cvvt/d-cvvt/ird-e/i-vtec/iForceVVT-i/re-vgt/Ti-VCT

dinzo

• Top Gear Magazine Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 04:07:33 pm »
Go for the Audi Q5. It has the most features. The X3 is all new and it is fun to drive like any BMW, but if you're looking for toys it doesn't have that much.

The Cayenne is in a different price range. The Volvos are reasonable alternatives, as is the Lexus RX if you want to look at the Japanese side.

I've tried the Land Rover Discovery. Not sporty or fast, but it looks and feels elegant, and it can definitely tackle rough roads and trails.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 04:09:29 pm by dinzo »

JoHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 09:47:30 pm »
I wouldn't get the Cayenne simply bcos IMO it's quite ugly. Of the models you mentioned, I'd go for the Q5.

Aloha Milkyway

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:51:10 pm »
Will you believe me if I say the Q5 is a driver's car? Stefan Ramirez (Kookie's son) certainly made me believe so in Clark Speedway nonetheless. I still remember how it went:

Stef: I actually like this car. It rotates well under cornering.

Me: But it's an A4 on stilts. Won't we just understeer like mad?

Stef: Watch this... (Stef then takes the first corner of the long track at 150+)

We were both grinning ear to ear after that. Because of that, I say go for the Q5. Also, you get the best interior quality in the business and as Dinzo said, the most equipment of the lot.

Feeter Silverster

• cruise with me!
  • Hyundai Toyota Starex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 01:44:28 pm »
How about Q7 with diesel grunt?

Aloha Milkyway

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 06:50:55 pm »
Probably because of the really big price difference?
Base Q5 (quattro) is P3,980,000 and the base Q7 (quattro TDI) is P6,450,000

jbedpan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 04:22:32 pm »
For me I will set aside the Cayenne as future addition. I will categorized it as the Irrational, Unnecessary, Unpractical car. Don't get me wrong i will buy one but not now. What i mean is that i will buy it because i like it. I don't care if its so expensive, don't care if its good for my family or not. don't care if its not worth the money or not. I will buy it because its a Porsche. I will not use it for family outing, not for hauling everybody to a picnic, not a family thing.

I would rather go for a BMW X5 or Audi Q7- they are much bigger and can fit your needs. But my choice is an X5 because i'm more into the BMW driving dynamics than the Audi superior interior. Better driving dynamics means safer car and that is for family reasons.

Currently i have a BMW and planning to have a family SUV (Montero if my budget permits) but really planning long term to buy a Porsche 911 for my Unpractical, Irrational, and Unnecessary car. Goodluck on your choice.   

Aloha Milkyway

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 09:19:44 pm »
By all means, can you stretch your budget by up to 7 mil? I noticed the thread is starting to shift towards the bigger SUV's like the X5 and Q7. Oh and take a look at Botchi's say on the Q7

Stephmeister101

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 11:41:17 am »
The Cayenne is on a different level, you should compare it to the Q7 or the X5, but for me the Cayenne is still the best choice because it is both a sports car and an SUV and believe me Porsches are very easy to maintain. You just need to change the oil and it's good to go. even if you don't use it for 3 weeks or so aandar parin sya agad unlike ung ibang european cars na pag hndi nagamit ng matagal nahihirapan mag start. It also has a comfortable ride and an awesome interior. I'm also a Mercedes owner so if i may suggest why not try to look into MErc SUV like the GLK, GL, or ML they are all fuel-efficient and superb riding comfort unlike the Bimmers

CHLayson

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 12:42:51 am »
AUDI Q5
3,197 cc (3.197 L; 195.1 cu in) V6 (ENGINE)
270 PS (199 kW; 266 hp)@6500, 330 Nm (243 lbfft)@3000-5000 (POWER)

http://www.condominiums-philippines.com/