Author Topic: Best brand of Gasoline  (Read 63005 times)

Jal

• The Curious Kid
    • View Profile
Re: Best brand of Gasoline
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2012, 12:42:44 PM »
Sea Oil is the best, as they sell EURO 5 quality diesel. The cleanest in the country.  In comparison the "big 3" sell very POOR QUALITY Euro 2, yes, EURO 2 diesel fuels.  Shame on these "big" companies.

You know Sea Oil is already better just by smell alone.  Hindi "maasim" unlike Petron's Turbo diesel, for example.

Oh, I see. ::) Anyway, from what source po ito? May links po ba kayo? Interested lang. ;)

Gasoline Brands

Believe it or not, ang super premium at unleaded ng Shell ay pareho lang, iniba lang ang kulay ng super premium, sa depot na nilalagyan ng kulay. Pero I'm not sure kung until now ganan padin. And sometimes, ang gas sa petron ay sa Shell din kinukuha o binibili. It's up to you whether to believe or not. :P
myi-vtec goesbwaAAAh!

sudo

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2012, 01:13:33 AM »
Bro, I think it depends what you want, fuel economy or full power from the very first step... For power, I recommend petron's blaze100.. Well as the product's name says.. 100 octane rating.. For fuel economy, shell's fuel save unleaded.. Really works!

Pros and cons.. Correct me if I'm wrong here but the higher the octane rating, the hotter it is inside the engine.. So just take care when using it and refer to the manual about the highest octane rating advisable for your civic.. On fuel savers, less HP and noisier engines that in the long run cam damage valves, clog fuel lines faster, etc.

Also, find the best place to top off.. Oil companies are not uniform in prices in their stations.. Here in QC (north edsa, commonwealth, quezon ave. part) the cheapest are those in Mindanao ave and Visayas ave.

mindkinetic

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2012, 11:55:50 PM »
i have been a vpower diesel fan.
BMW 320d idrive
Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.5 duramax
suzuki swift

charrje

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2012, 12:33:05 PM »
Hi...sorry but I might have missed the topic or post in the forums. I just want to ask you guys what brand of diesel is best recommended for innova diesel. I bought the innova last 2011. So far, aside from the free 500 petron diesel that toyota gave me, I have been filling it up with Shell Fuelsave Diesel. Is Petron diesel better or Caltex perhaps? What type of diesel ng petron is ok? I dont know if they have different types of diesel din like Shell.

Thanks for your help.

charrje

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2012, 09:49:53 AM »
also...OT lang...dont know where to put the question...is the Innova D4-D diesel engine considered CRDi na? or hindi pa? medyo confused lang ako. Not much of a car guy kasi. Just wana know din lang in case I try the Euro 5 of Seaoil.

Also, is it true that the innova diesel MT variant has a different engine compared to the AT variant like yung AT variant na innova diesel has turbo so mas malakas ang power and acceleration of the AT diesel?

thanks!

17Sphynx17

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2012, 08:00:46 PM »
@charrje

You have heard wrong. Innova Diesel, regardless of MT or AT, is the same. And yes, CDRI na din siya, although mahina siya compared to other CRDI, CRDI parin siya.

For the guy asking about the diesel for Innova, topping up with Shell or Petron is already ok. Caltex is also okay, but I really notice a slight performance drop when I use Caltex. I just use regular diesel and not the top of the line one such as V-Power or the like.

Still, I am using all three brands in my vehicle. It just depends on what is more convenient when I top up and where I can get a better rate for fuel. Please be reminded that by April, Shell Citibank will go back to giving a 3% rebate, similar to HSBC Caltex and BPI Petron already.

For those who are also wondering, if you are after financial savings in fuels, at present, there are some Caltex stations offering a discount, 3 php for gasoline and 1.50php for diesel. If you also have the HSBC Caltex card, that would give you more than 5% rebate compared to when you top up with Shell this March.

And if ever you happen to pass by Subic this Lenten Season, don't forget to top-up your tank there as there is no VAT there, add that with your fuel rebate and you will at least be savings some phps in fuel for lent. =)

If also you happen to pass by Laguna/Batangas area as you head south, fuel there is cheaper compared to Manila prices. Once you go down to Quezon and Bicol region however, diesel right now is at 50.20php per liter.

charrje

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2012, 12:55:51 PM »
@17Sphynx17....thanks Bro! that was one very clear explanation. my friend just mentioned to me that when he drove the AT variant of innova diesel, mas malakas daw ang hatak, mas mabilis daw ang acceleration compared to when he drove the MT variant. Alam ko din kasi na same lang ang engine ng Innova basta diesel.

also, will be going to Subic this Lenten season, is there a caltex there? or petron? napansin ko kasi for the past few years that I have been there, mas mahal ang gas nila. Napapansin ko lang na gas dun is PTT ata yun.

thanks again!

17Sphynx17

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2012, 01:35:01 PM »
@charrje

I know why your friend feels that way for the MT against the AT. If you managed to drive both transmissions of the Innova, you will actually have problems with the first gear of the Innova because of the ratios. You just don't get the engine off problem because of the diesel, but I experienced first hand the engine cutting off in the MT even with the clutch engaged (though not fully while pressing the gas a bit to start accelerating). It just seems easier to control the engines acceleration in AT than MT because the transmission of the Manual wasn't as well thought out (this is my opinion based on my driving experience)

In Subic, there is a Petron, so if you happen to have a BPI Petron card, then you get no VAT plus the 3% rebate. Although I would really emphasize my repeated experience of feeling a change in responsiveness when using Caltex Diesel every single time. I top up only when I am near empty or when the fuel tank light flashes so I know there is an effect when I use a different fuel. Shell Fuel Save or Petron Turbo Diesel (or was it Diesel Max - hehe! I forgot the name of the regular diesel of Petron) seem to be both on par in terms of responsiveness.

I have tried Shell V-Power diesel and have noticed the improvement in responsiveness of the engine when accelerating, especially from a standstill or low speed then proceeding to an overtaking maneuver.

As per my experience, fuel economy difference of whether you use Caltex, Shell or Petron is negligible or minimal. This applies also when you use the top of the line diesel of Shell or Petron as well. Performance may differ, but the fuel mileage you get out of each liter is similar. The prevailing traffic conditions are the biggest factor in changing your efficiency.

I have tried various fuels and my average FE is 10km/l @ 700kms distance (manila -> daet -> manila) in 1 day. I have sometimes just achieved 12km/l @ 350kms (manila -> daet) but I got it using shell and caltex already, but this was only once per trip. Because the traffic varied and the road conditions kept changing. Every month I went down that 350km stretch of road, the quality of road kept getting from bad to worse. I sometimes also try to get back to Manila quickly but still average the same in any other fuel.

So hope my experiences have helped other in finding out that any "moniker" these guys tell you is a marketing stint and its basically the same all throughout. You get a performance bump in certain fuels and that's okay to pay the premium, but only if and when you really need it.

That's my two cents. =)

charrje

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »
thank you very much. that's a big help.

thunderboy

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2012, 01:47:53 PM »
For Shell users, malaki ba ang pinagkaiba ng Shell V-Power Diesel at Fuel Save Diesel?

Personally, I use Shell because it gives me good mileage.

17Sphynx17

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2012, 02:41:36 PM »
@thunderboy

If you are mostly in city driving, then just buy Fuel Save diesel, price difference alone saves you a bunch plus the rebate of Shell Citibank if you have it.

Unless there is something of a special case where you would need the extra oomph, I rarely see an instance or need for the higher priced one. I will use Shell Vpower diesel or Petron Turbo Diesel this lent as the car will be fully loaded by people and cargo.

Cheers! =)

Troy

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
Hello po sa inyong lahat!
I currently own and drive a '12 Jazz 1.5 AT and i use Shell FuelSave Unleaded.
Ask ko lang po kung mas okay ba ang Petron XCS compared sa FS Unleaded in terms of Fuel Consumption? Kase kahit 1.5 lang ang makina ng Jazz malakas padin sa gasolina e. Pero malakas din naman sya humatak.
And wala bang Lead content ang Petron XCS? Eto kase nakalagay sa Driver's Manual.
Using petrol containing lead will damage your vehicle's emissions controls and engine. This contributes to air pollution.
Your vehicle is designed to operate on unleaded petrol with 91 Research Octane Number or higher.
PS I won't consider other brands because the agent told me to gas up ONLY at Shell or Petron.
Thanks sa mga magrereply! :)

17Sphynx17

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2012, 05:49:00 PM »
@troytin

Isn't Petron Xtra Unleaded 91 Octane Rating also? If it is then it should work with your jazz as well. I don't recall any of the big three having less than 91 octane rating in their lowest unleaded fuel.

If you use Fuel Save Unleaded, you can use Petron Xtra Unleaded. Petron XCS equivalent is Shell Premium or Caltex Gold if I am not mistaken. If I recall, all our fuels should be unleaded though, the difference in certain fuels is that some don't have ethanol mixed into them, like V-Power or Blaze. XCS, Premium and Gold all have an ethanol mix so it would be bad for the non-compatible old cars.

So if you are really just after savings and maximizing your peso value, I suggest you stick with Petron Xtra Unleaded and Shell Fuel Save Unleaded and combine that with a partner card like BPI-Petron and/or Shell Citibank. At present, they both have a rebate of 3% on fuel purchases. Shell will give you up to 5% Fuel rebate only if you have an outspend (non fuel purchase) of 10000php every month tied to your card.

If you have an HSBC Card, that automatically qualifies you for a 3% fuel rebate at Caltex branches, it applies to any HSBC card.

The lead content in the fuel will ruin your catalytic converter connected to the exhaust system if I recall the manuals correctly.

Anyway, hope that helps. Cheers!