Author Topic: GPS Philippine Routable Maps  (Read 9281 times)

Carmela Ortiz-Kaewdaeng

• Top Gear Magazine Staff
  • ชมพู ปอ
    • View Profile
GPS Philippine Routable Maps
« on: July 26, 2007, 04:28:49 PM »
http://www.freewebs.com/phroadguide/

These are Garmin compatible routable maps for the Philippines. The good thing is, they are FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE (woohoo!)

Our Motorbikes Ed, Les Croyston own the copyright and its not ripped off from somewhere.

According to Les, a number of contributors have given track data/help/encouragement etc. to get this project off the ground, its a community effort!

ENJOY  ;)

Ferman

• View Profile
Re: GPS Philippine Routable Maps
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 06:04:53 PM »
Way to go Les!

emaniebo

• View Profile
    • http://www.emaniebophotography.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 10:45:48 PM »
Finally, a GPS sat-nav for the Philippines.

Just wondering, I've got a top-of-the-line TomTom Go910 SatNav, which basically covers the whole maps of Europe, Australia and North America, that's the whole of USA and Canada. It's handy with 20GB of hard disc space, and I've just used 8GB of it, with 12GB spare for other maps, photos, music and videos. This thing of beauty cost me the equivalent of  P 45,000.00 last year when it came out. (See photo attached.)

Is TomTom coming up with its own version of Philippine maps? I know 2 years ago Mitac came up with its own version, and I was told it was useless.

Any TomTom users there who can enlighten me?

Les Croyston

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 11:03:54 AM »
Thanks guys,
At present the maps will only run on Garmin GPS units, and not on Tom Tom, Magellan and others as they use their own proprietary format. If you have a later Garmin model with the routing capability, the maps will route for you. However for older units, without routing capability we have included smaller maps which will display on the unit and you will still have the more accurate map to utilize your GPS function. Much better than anything you can buy. They will also run in Mapsource or nRoute software (both from Garmin)
As indicated, this is a community effort and many GPS enthusiasts have contributed to the project, if you have any GPS tracks kicking around your hard drive and would like to contribute go to either our site GPS Roadguide to the Philippines or Waypoints Philippines and down load them, the more data we have, the more accurate the maps.
Cheers, Les

Les Croyston

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 11:08:40 AM »
Forgot to mention, they will also run on BMW Navigators, these units are made for BMW by Garmin.

GhostHunter

• Project JDM
  • Auto-LPG equipped. Saving money since 2006.
    • View Profile
    • TSIKOT.COM
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 05:16:26 PM »
is the GPS maps compatible to the Route66 software found on Nokia 6110 Navigator celfones?

Les Croyston

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 01:39:13 PM »
No they wont, but if we can find a way to do it, we will use the data we have collected to compile similar guides for other manufacturers.
As you can imagine many of the unit manufacturers also sell maps so they are not really enthusiastic about folks who put together free stuff (which I humbly submit is superior).
Cheers
Les

pizzalancerevo

• Animo Mitsubishi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 05:09:48 PM »
Where can we purchase this one?

"Warning: 4G63 Powered, Don't Challenge or Get Smoked."

janjalaniv

• veni, vidi, vici.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 10:51:11 PM »
Merong pwede sa laptop?  ;D
Ride. Race. Live.

janjalaniv

• veni, vidi, vici.
    • View Profile
GPS users
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 11:15:08 AM »
Guys, im sure some of you are already using GPS when driving. Any suggestion, advice, comments about it? I'm a newbie regarding GPS

I'm will be trying out the Atlas 5.6 on my Palm Treo 650.
Ride. Race. Live.

Mr.Janica

• View Profile
    • Property Hunter Realty
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 07:21:59 PM »
woaahh..really??its nice to hear that GPS is now begins to exist in the philippines..but can it use it by other types of car and not just in BMW?

GarminGuyPH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 04:45:11 PM »
^ They have it on boats, phones, aviation stuff too. Just wanted to say that there are dealers for Garmin at www.garmincenter.com. Have a good weekend.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:46:53 PM by GarminGuyPH »

krosjoint

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 06:08:30 PM »
Garmin also introduce a new gadget that can built inside the vehicle, wife gonna love this gadget..

ejaemagno29

• Loving life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 04:24:47 PM »
Will this work with the Mitsubishi Motor Audio System? Stock for the 2012 Adventure.

<iframe src="http://fapa.launchpad6.com/embed342" style="border-style:none;width:640px;height:360px;overflow:hidden" > </iframe>