Prepare for a one-of-a-kind motoring experience as the stage opens for the 6th Philippine International Motor Show (PIMS) this September 14-18, 2016, at the World Trade Center Metro Manila.
A showcase of the latest automotive technologies coupled with exciting activities are sure to entertain motoring enthusiasts, may they be kids or kids-at-heart.
17 of the country’s top automotive manufacturers and distributors will showcase their latest vehicles and automotive technologies in the brand heritage display. Expect these participating car brands to highlight their best models yet: BAIC, BMW, Daewoo Bus, Foton, Honda, Isuzu, Jeep, KIA, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan, Peugeot, Suzuki, Toyota, and Volkswagen. Some of the highly-anticipated car models to be launched in PIMS are:
- M20 - The M20 from BAIC combines outstanding value and versatility; a multi-tasking vehicle for your personal and professional needs.
- All-new BMW 7 Series – Dubbed as the most innovative vehicle in its segment, it combines ground-breaking features in design, functionality, EfficientDynamics, and well-being & comfort that define contemporary automotive luxury.
- Daewoo Bus BS120SN EURO5 – Proudly made in the Philippines.
- FOTON Toplander 4x4 – The freshest and first sport utility vehicle (SUV) launched by FOTON.
- McLaren-Honda MP4-30 – As racing is part of Honda's Corporate DNA, it has established its brand, and is known for, producing engine technology that excels in performance and fuel efficiency.
- 2017 Isuzu D-MAX – Tough Enough for Anything.
- Jeep Renegade – It takes on the world of the small SUV in the Philippines in a big, new way with authentic design, earning it the right to wear the legendary Jeep brand badge.
- All-new Kia Soul 1.6L EX Dual Clutch 7-seater – The unmistakable silhouette of the all-new, Kia Soul 1.6L EX Dual Clutch 7-seater is complemented by a 7-speed DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) that can handle higher torque outputs that also facilitates faster gear changes.
- Lexus GS F – This performance sedan is the latest addition to the “F” marquee. It has a track-ready performance that will help you realize handling, stability, and ride comfort in a higher dimension.
- All-new Mazda CX-3 – Breaks the mold of the subcompact SUV genre to deliver elevated levels of style, class, comfort, safety and performance through emotive and functional design.
- The new Mercedes-Benz E-Class – This extremely elegant automobile is armed with the best in driving features and adorned with top-of-the-line accessories for optimum comfort and drive.
- Outlander PHEV – This new SUV from Mitsubishi flaunts an incomparable power and refinement. It fully embodies the best qualities of a premium SUV.
- The new Nissan GT-R – The legendary supercar that delivers exhilarating experiences for anyone, at anytime and anywhere.
- Peugeot 308 – The multi-awarded Peugeot 308, one of the brand’s best-selling vehicles globally.
- Suzuki Ciaz – Elegant, sporty, sophisticated and efficient, the Suzuki Ciaz redefines the concept of subcompact sedans and is designed for greatness.
- All-new Prius – The all-new Prius from Toyota is set to power the future with its new striking design, proving itself to be a hybrid drive that consumers will love with innovations that make a difference and efficiency that remains unrivalled.
- Volkswagen CC – A four-door comfort coupé with 2.0-liter TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) diesel engine that combines the luxurious styling of an executive sedan with the sleek design of a sports coupé.
After-Sales Pavilion – The After-Sales Pavilion will showcase packages on vehicle upgrades, repair services, and quality genuine parts for different vehicle models, old and new, to allow customers to have the best possible ownership experience.
Test Drives and Off Road Demonstrations – Outside the venue will be a test drive area for participating car manufacturers, making sure that car shoppers get a chance to test different vehicle types and brands in one location.
Car Club Meets – Affiliated organizations of participating car brands will hold club meets to promote camaraderie among car enthusiasts.
Entertaining Activities from PIMS partners – All attendees are welcome to join and have fun in the TopGear Drift Box Challenge, C! Challenge and Kiddie Day Care activities, and Karcher Car Wash activity, which will happen in various locations in and around World Trade Center Metro Manila.
Automotive Seminars and Workshops – Witness CAMPI car brands showcase their service technician skills during demonstration events. Get to know the know-how of auto servicing as these technicians address your vehicle concerns.
Coffee House Sessions – Chill and hang out in the coffee house with music and entertainment as your take a break from visually feasting in the showcase throughout the venue.
The 6th PIMS is co-presented by Total Philippines. Its official auto loan partner is BPI Family Savings Bank. For more information, visit the CAMPI website at www.campiauto.org and CAMPI Facebook www.facebook.com/6thPIMS or contact the CAMPI office at (02) 632-9733.