Here are Mazda Philippines sales director Japheth Castillo's answers to the top five questions you asked him.
1. Are there any plans to launch a diesel premium variant for the CX-5? - jayzeter192
We are not offering the all-new Mazda CX-5 in diesel at this time, but we are confident that our customers will enjoy the CX-5 with our innovative SkyActiv gasoline engine. With the 2.0-liter SkyActiv gasoline engine, we are able to deliver 15 percent better fuel economy, 15 percent greater torque output, and 15 percent lower carbon emissions compared to other 2.0-liter engines. This fun-to-drive vehicle also has best-in-class aerodynamics, which means stability at high speeds and fantastic maneuverability.
2. Why was the new Mazda 3 launched in the Philippines three years after it had been introduced globally? - isaac3654
It did take some time for us to offer the all-new Mazda 3 to our customers in the Philippines, but we are now pleased to offer it in both 1.6-liter and 2.0-liter hatchback and sedan variants. As you may know, despite having been slightly older than other vehicles in its segment, the previous-generation Mazda 3 was very popular and was still our best-selling Mazda vehicle. This really is a testament to the quality and popularity of the Mazda 3 in the Philippines, and we expect the same reception of the all-new Mazda 3.
3. With the arrival of the CX-5, will the CX-7 be discontinued? - 16c galibier
Yes, the all-new CX-5 now replaces the CX-7. We are confident that our customers will enjoy this new crossover SUV for its distinctive look, refined driving experience and outstanding fuel economy. It’s perfect for our urban Filipino customer who is looking for a compact SUV that is just the right size to maneuver around the busy streets of the metro.
4. When will you launch the new BT-50 pickup truck, and what variants will be available in our market? - BOOGIECAT
We are finalizing our plans and we will be launching this great pickup truck within the year. So stay tuned!
5. I know a lot of Mazda customers (including myself), and we think that Ford Philippines does not confer equal importance to the Mazda brand as compared to its nameplate brand. Marketing, pricing, timely launch of new vehicles, and even the number of showrooms are all one-sided. Do you think Mazda Philippines will be severing ties with Ford Philippines in the near future? Also, please let us know how much Ford Philippines values the Mazda brand, and if there is any corporate rivalry that exists (between Mazda and Ford). - jabroni
Ford Group Philippines is the distributor of Mazda vehicles in the country. Mazda plays a key role in FGP's business and we all work together as a team to make Ford and Mazda both leading brands in the Philippines, offering our customers great products and outstanding service. We have no plans to change this at present.