What do you want to read first: the good news or the bad news? Well, we’ll choose for you. The bad news is that the all-new Toyota Innova, the number one MPV in the Philippines, has increased in pricing. The good news is that it’s all worth it.
As you may have seen from the first press photos, the new Innova is impressive. The big grille from the previous generation’s final facelift has morphed into an aggressively beautiful face. We’ve seen this in the metal and sat inside its cabin, and it’s a big step up from its capable predecessor.
So, how much is your family's next MPV? Here are the prices:
* Innova V Diesel AT - P1,445,000
* Innova V Diesel AT (White Pearl) - P1,460,000
* Innova G Diesel AT - P1,349,000
* Innova G Diesel AT (White Pearl) - P1,364,000
* Innova G Diesel MT - P1,269,000
* Innova G Diesel MT (White Pearl) - P1,284,000
* Innova G Gasoline AT - P1,232,000
* Innova G Gasoline AT (White Pearl) - P1,247,000
* Innova E Diesel AT - P1,222,000
* Innova E Diesel MT - P1,142,000
* Innova E Gasoline AT - P1,120,000
* Innova E Gasoline MT - P1,040,000
* Innova J Diesel MT - P1,021,000
* Innova J Gasoline MT - P919,000
For now, there are only two powerplants: a 2.8-liter turbodiesel and a 2.0-liter naturally aspirated petrol. Yes, car nuts, the oil-burner is part of the GD-Series diesel engines that also propel the Fortuner and the Hilux, but detuned in the Innova to produce just 169hp and 360Nm.
Get a copy of our upcoming March 2016 issue to know more about the all-new Innova (we're featuring the top-spec V variant). In the meantime, here are images of the 2.8 Diesel E AT variant courtesy of the world-class iPhone photography skills of our editor-in-chief.
Photos by Vernon B. Sarne