This news may not concern you unless you're a journalist who writes--or has written--about cars in general or Ford vehicles in particular.
Ford Philippines has announced that it is now accepting nominations for the 13th Henry Ford Awards. The HFA is the industry's only award-giving body in automotive journalism. Last year, Top Gear Philippines took home five of the total 12 awards given by the American automaker to deserving members of the press.
This year, the same number of trophies will be handed out by Ford, and these will be for the following categories:
* Regular category: Automotive feature story (print);
* Regular category: Automotive column (print);
* Regular category: Automotive online feature story (online);
* Regular category: Automotive blog (online);
* Regular category: Green and smart technology feature story (print and online);
* Regular category: Automotive television feature (TV and online);
* Regular category: Published photograph (print and online);
* Regular category: Automotive consumer feature (lifestyle/non-automotive section, print and online);
* Special category: Ford feature story (print and online);
* Special category: 'Go Further' story (print and online);
* Special category: Ford published photograph (print and online); and
* Special category: Best broadsheet motoring section (print)
To qualify, an article or video must have been published, posted or aired from October 1, 2012, to September 30, 2013. The deadline for the submission of entries is on October 1, 2013, at exactly 5pm.
Printed entries must be submitted to The Henry Ford Awards Secretariat (c/o Ogilvy Public Relations), 24th Floor, Picadilly Star Building, 4th Avenue corner 27th Street, Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila.
Official entry forms may be downloaded at www.ford.com.ph.
What's in it for the winners? A cash prize of P20,000 (P25,000 for the special categories), a commemorative trophy, and bragging rights the following morning.
The gala awards night is scheduled for December 4, 2013.