Jeremy Clarkson, James May name worst car in history

The worst car in the history of the world

Top Gear has just produced a 73-minute special called The Worst Car In The History Of The World. Available on DVD and Blu-ray, the special is hosted by Jeremy Clarkson and James May. You may purchase your copy through Amazon, among other online stores, for about Ł14 (or about P900) plus shipping cost.

Anyway, when you attempt to name the "worst car ever made," you immediately think of the usual suspects: AMC Pacer, Cadillac Cimarron, Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Yugo GV, even Ferrari Mondial. But not one of these earned the distinction of being the worst car ever made--at least not in the eyes of Clarkson and May.

So, what is the worst car in the history of the world according to Jeremy and James? You have to watch the video until the very end. We're sure that not a few will disagree. Heck, even we disagree. But in the words of the two hosts, their chosen worst car was so picked using this simple yardstick: "all things considered." We take this to mean that the car isn't the worst car per se, but when you consider which brand made it, then it all becomes unacceptable and inexcusable.

If anything, the manufacturer who made the car should be flattered. Because this means both Clarkson and May have such a high regard for the company that they couldn't believe it managed to produce a mediocre product (especially by the brand's standards).

Anyway, watch the video and see if you agree. After watching it, purchase a high-quality and original copy for your growing Top Gear collection.

If you're viewing this on a mobile device and can't see the video, please click here.

COMMENTS

• pat Nov 26 2012 @ 12:00am
    I've seen it. And I possibly agree with them. After looking it up, I realised that there were plenty of bad reviews of that car (not spoiling it, obviously, for those who haven't seen it). It's vile and uninteresting. It's a car that the manufacturer should have paid more attention to.
  • FanBoy Nov 26 2012 @ 12:06am
    Did watch the whole thing. Can't believe, THAT specific Peugeot, would come as close from being the worst car.
  • JoHunter Nov 26 2012 @ 03:25am
    Knowing these guys, I was actually expecting either the ______ ______ or the __________ ______. The verdict, tho not expected, was also not surprising. I've always thought many of the cars in that maker's line-up are too damn overrated.
  • zephyro90 Nov 26 2012 @ 10:30am
    seen this, base on their reviews, mukhang tama sila!
  • bryanjeffrrey Nov 26 2012 @ 12:16pm
    you guys tagged the worst car in the video. the suspense died when i read the Tags
  • 17Sphynx17 Nov 26 2012 @ 01:49pm
    Just watched it, pretty entertaining,

But I have a question, will the guys at TGUK allow TGP to post the video/link of the said documentary/special when the viewing is free of their copyrighted material?

Granted I could have found it my on my own. Just curious because normally I know they don't allow these things online because they sell dvds and specials, but this article links to an "illegal" video upload, so I'm just saying.
    • JoHunter Nov 26 2012 @ 06:18pm
      wait for the video to magically disappear, courtesy of the youtube copyright police
    • LACOSTER Nov 26 2012 @ 07:48pm
      Top Gear seems to be really lenient about their videos ending up online. I don't know why but it just is. You probably know Finalgear.com, a website dedicated to releasing, well illegal, torrents of Top Gear Episodes. The BBC and Top Gear know full well of this website and even go on it to see how the audience responds to their episodes.
  • LACOSTER Nov 26 2012 @ 03:39pm
    *cough* *not lexus SC430* *cough* *cough*
  • spherion03 Nov 26 2012 @ 08:20pm
    I like their positive review about the Lexus LFA and the Toyota 86/GT86 though :D