Perhaps to take advantage of the sparse traffic on Metro Manila roads as urban dwellers either stay indoors or travel to the provinces over the Holy Week break, the Department of Public Works and Highways has announced that it will conduct road reblocking and repairs on EDSA and other major thoroughfares from 12:01am of April 2 (Holy Thursday) to 12 noon of April 5 (Easter Sunday).
The Holy Week roadwork schedule was reportedly recommended by DPWH-National Capital Region director Reynaldo Tagudando. As for the roads that will be repaired, these are:
* Along Mindanao Avenue from Road 8 to North Avenue (first lane);
* Along E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue/C-5 between Poseidon Street and Green Meadows Avenue (second lane from the sidewalk);
* Along EDSA between Connecticut and Guadalupe Bridge, Mandaluyong City;
* Along EDSA from Guadalupe Station to Estrella Street (fourth and fifth lanes); and
* Along C-5 Road Pasig Boulevard to Bagong-Ilog Service Road.
* Along EDSA Guadalupe Bridge to Temple Drive, Mandaluyong City;
* Along C-5 Road from Valle Verde/Resins Inc. to SM Warehouse (second outermost lane);
* Along EDSA from Buendia to Escuela Street (fourth and fifth lanes).
Motorists are advised to avoid said areas and to take alternate routes instead.
Photo by Patrick Everett Tadeo