Arm yourself with patience on the road this weekend, guys. In addition to Valentine's Day traffic, Manila will have road closures on February 15 to make way for Iglesia Ni Cristo's Worldwide Walk, which aims to raise funds for the victims of typhoon Yolanda. The fund-raising event will happen from 4:00am to 6:00pm.
The Manila Traffic Enforcement Unit has released a traffic advisory to guide motorists on road closures and re-routing schemes:
* Northbound and southbound lanes of Roxas Boulevard from Buendia to Anda Circle;
* Eastbound and westbound lanes of P. Burgos from Palacio Street to Roxas Boulevard;
* Eastbound and westbound lanes of T.M. Kalaw from M.H. Del Pilar to Roxas Boulevard;
* Westbound lane of Pres. Quirino from Adriatico to Mabini, and from M.H. Del Pilar to Roxas Boulevard;
* Stretch of P. Ocampo from Mabini to Roxas Boulevard
* All vehicles coming from the northern part of Manila going to the stretch of Roxas Boulevard's southbound lane shall turn at Anda Circle, go straight to A. Soriano Street (Intramuros), right on Magallanes Drive, right on P. Burgos, straight to Taft Avenue, left on Pres. Quirino, and then right on Pres. Osmeña to point of destination;
* All vehicles coming from the southern part of Manila going to the stretch of Roxas Boulevard's northbound lane shall turn right on Buendia and left on Taft Avenue to point of destination;
* The access road going in and out of Manila Hotel and H2O Hotel will have one lane going in and one lane coming out, using the stretch of Independence Road and Katigbak Drive via P. Burgos
Have fun driving this weekend.
Image from www.iglesianicristowebsite.com