Top Gear Philippines releases 'The Macho Issue' for July

For July, Top Gear Philippines pays homage to the real men of the world by releasing its first-ever Macho Issue. On the cover is the most popular car at the moment, the testosterone-fueled Toyota 86. You may have read a lot of articles and watched a lot of videos about this car, but there's nothing like a rabid Botchi Santos being let loose behind its wheel on an empty lot.

The main highlights of the issue include:

* The new Hyundai Genesis Coupe;

* A manly road trip with the new Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class;

* The unexpected Lamborghini Urus;

* The macho Carroll Shelby;

* The SRT (formerly Dodge) Viper;

* The new Subaru Impreza;

* The new Honda Pilot;

* The Big Test: Ford Mustang versus Chrysler 300C;

* Plus, Ramon Bautista's new column: 'Basta Driver, Sweet Lover'.

So, grab your copy of this very virile issue at your favorite magazine store. Still at P150.

Top Gear Philippines' July 2012 issue

COMMENTS

• Kyoichi Sudo Jun 30 2012 @ 11:55am
    Macho issue huh? Nice! But having no Montero Sport in it is a turn-off, because the issue is called the "Macho Issue" and it should have a real men's warrior, Like the New Montero Sport GLX MT and AT w/c has the same 7" touchscreen monitor found in the GTV
    • td21 Jun 30 2012 @ 06:16pm
      Montero Sport is scrap. Ladder frame vehicles are all thrash.
      • Fernando Amorsolo Jul 02 2012 @ 08:00am
        Say that to your Innova. haha
    • barre05 Jul 01 2012 @ 01:31am
      While I disagree with the comment that the Montero is scrap (sic?), I also disagree with the comment that the Montero should be in the Macho Issue. What's so macho and special about it? At least everything else listed above is either A) new or B) a muscle car C) a luxury car/SUV. Where does the Montero fit there? It's a good car and all, but it's pretty common. Not that being common is a bad thing, mind you. It just doesn't fit in with all the other cars listed above.

I can't see your point why you'd want it to be included. I don't see the point of rattling off the specs (irrelevant), either. Unless you own one, and are just seeking reassurance or confirmation with your purchase. :)
      • Kyoichi Sudo Jul 01 2012 @ 08:59am
        Sir I admire you're way of replying to my comment. What I'm trying to tell here is that I was hoping that the new MS GLX is included in the drives for the mnth of july. About what you said, "just seeking reassurance or confirmation with your purchase" well, the true reason is my dad is planning to get a MS GLX matic and some people say that its very fantastic, GLX, matic, P1.3M Pricetag(the manual GLX has a P1.2M pricetag), they say its value for money. And I want to see TGP's opinion to it.

One more thing, Thanks for replying me in a friendly and mature way. You might want to join our TGP FB group, Tropang Top Gear Ph coz I admire the way you reply to comment's like that. I'm hoping you'd join :)
        • barre05 Jul 01 2012 @ 04:47pm
          I'm sorry, I don't have Facebook so I can't join your group. But I don't feel the need to join such a group to have informative and intellectual conversations on the internet or here at TGP. I don't comment much on this site, but I pass by this site at least once a day, so I'm sure we can all talk cars here anyway. :)
    • Tandang Sora Jul 02 2012 @ 08:05am
      Sinabi ko na nga noon pa, na wag papansinin ang mga bata dito. Wala pa nga atang lisensya yan eh. Ni magmaneho ata, wala pa eh
  • Feeter Silverster Jun 30 2012 @ 12:59pm
    Wow, magiging dalawa ang bibilhin kong magazine this July, they got almost same article and I don't want to miss both issue, isa eh yung magazine ni Mr. James Deakin who's a very good friend of Mr. Sarne.
    • car.L Jun 30 2012 @ 02:04pm
      wow! i almost forgot bout that magazine already.got to think of it.
    • triple4 Jun 30 2012 @ 02:10pm
      ako not every month bumibili ng TG, minsan yung kay Mr. Deakin... and lately na-discover ko maganda din yung magazine that has the initials P.W.
      • car.L Jul 01 2012 @ 07:50am
        anung P.W? isn't it c! magazine sir??
    • RS500 Jun 30 2012 @ 04:02pm
      parang ako pala. pero ung isa quarterly lang or every 2 months. Topgear ang monthly ko. Laki na ng collection ko sa office hehe
  • sugeina Jun 30 2012 @ 05:35pm
    anong magazine yung kay deakin?
  • mark14 Jun 30 2012 @ 05:40pm
    Why are the Mustang and 300C being pitted against each other? Shouldn't it be the Mustang against the Camaro and/or Challenger?
    • Feeter Silverster Jun 30 2012 @ 06:53pm
      I saw Mustang and 300C's latest car chase scene at the movie "DRIVE". I've got to read that.
    • isaac3654 Jun 30 2012 @ 09:46pm
      I guess both are high performance cars.... baka ung V6 na mustang yan, or ung HEMI V8 na 300C at ndi ung Pentastar V6, or whatever basta un HAHAHAHA two american muscle cars, khit luxury cruiser 300C it can be considered a msucle car by technical definition.
    • Fernando Amorsolo Jul 02 2012 @ 08:02am
      Makes me wonder also. :| Di kaya unfair yun?
    • Stephmeister101 Jul 02 2012 @ 12:13pm
      oo nga dapat Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger... Considering na all 3 can now be bought locally.
  • GotToRead Jul 01 2012 @ 11:16am
    Genesis coupe :">
  • ashek268 Jul 01 2012 @ 01:02pm
    You consider a Honda Pilot a "MACHO - MACHINE"?
    • RS500 Jul 01 2012 @ 07:42pm
      and the new impreza? dude drives section daw kasi yan. main topic ng "macho issue" ung mustang vs 300c
    • eX-Driver Jul 04 2012 @ 11:35pm
      Para yan sa mga MACHO-nurin sa misis :P
  • one.edchelle Jul 01 2012 @ 01:14pm
    the one we are waiting for.
  • 17Sphynx17 Jul 02 2012 @ 03:34pm
    Since no one is commenting about it, I would just like to say.

Botchi was photoshopped into this right? I'm not sure but his shoulders at the sides of his head don't appear right.

I know it is for "effect" of the front cover. =P Cheers!
  • rgenesis5008 Jul 03 2012 @ 10:21am
    I dont know if anyone noticed this but as we all know both TGP and (Another auto magazine) featured the 86 and the Genesis Coupe. For the Cover TGP went for the 86 while the other magazine went for the GC :))) Coincidence? :))))