If you were too busy sleeping the hours away this past weekend, then you probably missed the all-Toyota car festival in Pasay City on May 26th. Bummer.
Custom and classic Toyotas alike lined up for the Toyota Car Fest 2019 at the Met Live parking lot in Pasay City. Leading the way were presenters Met Live and Toyota Manila Bay, in collaboration with Grupo Toyota.
The event was an absolute haven for Toyota owners and enthusiasts. Both rare and common sights filled the venue, varying from the staple Vios, Corolla, and Yaris models to vintage Coronas and a seemingly perfect old-school Land Cruiser that we’re pretty sure we’ve seen somewhere before.
Official Toyota and TRD parts and accessories, including several aftermarket goods, were also on sale at the venue. Booths by NGK, Motul, and Shell were also set up around the main stage.
There were 23 different car clubs and groups that officially participated in the festivities, and a total of more than 700 people attended the event over the course of the day—some people even came in from as far as Bicol and Baguio. You can check out the complete list of participating groups below:
Official registered clubs and groups:
- 86 BRZ Club
- Altis Club Philippines
- Classic Auto Club
- Classic Toyota Club Philippines
- Club MR2
- Club twopointzero st191 Enthusiasts
- Corolla Auto Club Philippines
- Fortuner Club Gen 2 Philippines
- Grupo Toyota (GT)
- Hiace Club Philippines
- Legends of the 90s
- LiteAce Club Philippines
- NCP Club of the Philippines
- Rav4 Club Philippines
- Shelby Auto Station
- Toyota Auto Club Philippines (TACP)
- Toyota Echo Club Philippines
- Toyota Innova Club Philippines
- Toyota Team Cebu
- Vios Club Philippines
- Vios Online
- Yaris Club Philippines
- Yaris Squad Manila
All sorts of raffle prizes were also up for grabs, including replacement parts and accessories, car tint, and even car-insurance packages. Awards were also handed out to the best cars on display—you can check them out below:
Toyota Car Fest 2019 awardees:
- Best Sedan: 1994 Toyota Corolla – Joshua Gucaban, Grupo Toyota
- Best All Toyota: 1984 Corolla BZ Touring Wagon – Harold Salgado, Grupo Toyota
- Best Subcompact - Hatchback: 2007 Yaris – Alex Lim, Official Yaris Club Philippines
- Best SUV: Toyota Rav4 – Mark Paul Lucido, Rav4 Club PH
- Best Coupe: 2017 Toyota GT 86 – RC Garcia II, Toyota Auto Club Philippines
- Best Subcompact Sedan: 2014 Vios – Simon Aquino Valencia, Vios Club Philippines
- Best Classic Car: 1972 Toyota Corolla Coupe SL – Mike Peña, Classic Auto Club
Despite the stormy afternoon weather, the show went on to be a huge success. Grupo Toyota founder and president Robert Tan and his wife Jill are looking forward to an even bigger showing for 2020.
You may view the official event video from the Toyota Carfest Facebook page below:
Are you looking forward to grander festivities next year, too? Because we sure are.