The Motorcycle Development Participants Program Association (MDPPA) recently released its sales report for 2020. The figures showed a steep 29.4% decline in sales for ‘The Big Four’ Japanese motorcycle companies: Honda Philippines, Yamaha Motor Philippines, Kawasaki Philippines, and Suzuki Philippines
Of the 1,206,374 units sold last year, 99.7% were motorbikes with engine displacements smaller than 400cc. On the other hand, MDPPA reported that the total sales of big bikes in 2020 reached 4,214 units—a 31.2% drop from the 6,122 units sold in 2019.
In case you’re curious, here are the top-selling big bikes last year for each brand:
- CB650R – 399 units (P510,000)
- Rebel – 255 units (P375,000)
- X-ADV – 65 units (P805,000)
- MT-09 – 160 units (P569,000)
- XSR900 – 143 units (P599,000)
- MT-07 – 89 units (P439,000)
- Dominar 400 – 330 units (P175,000)
- Z650 – 187 units (P375,000)
- Z1000 – 186 units (P688,000)
- SV650 – 69 units (P399,000)
- GSX-S1000 – 37 units (P659,000)
- GSX-S750 – 33 units (P559,000)
Is your dream big bike included on this year’s honor list?
NOTE: This article first appeared on TopBikes.ph. Minor edits have been made.