The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) has authorized the operation of 1,006 public utility jeepneys (PUJ) on 10 additional routes in Metro Manila.
As per Memorandum Circular 2020-043, the following trips will be available starting tomorrow, September 9:
- T138 EDSA/North Avenue – Quezon City Hall
- T139 Marcos Avenue – Quirino Highway via Tandang Sora
- T340 Dapitan – Libertad via L. Guinto
- T341 Divisoria – Retiro via J.A. Santos
- T342 Divisoria – Sangandaan
- T395 Libertad – Washington
- T396 Baclaran – Escolta via Jones, L. Guinto
- T397 Baclaran – QI via Mabini
- T398 Blumentritt – Libertad via Quiapo, Guinto
- T399 Blumentritt – Vito Cruz via L. Guinto
The PUJs will be required to display a QR code and have a valid Personal Passenger Insurance Policy. Both drivers and passengers have to follow the COVID-19 protocols laid out by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases.
The LTFRB has so far permitted 16,213 jeepney units, 786 modern PUJs, 3,761 public utility buses, 379 point-to-point buses, 1,905 UV Express, 20,891 taxis, and 23,968 transport network vehicle services to operate under general community quarantine.
NOTE: This article first appeared on Reportr.world. Minor edits have been made.