The long wait is over. Seven months after Ford revealed that the 1.0-liter Fiesta EcoBoost is coming to the ASEAN market, the car has finally arrived in the Philippines.
According to the American carmaker, the EcoBoost-powered Fiesta offers the performance of a 1.6-liter, four-cylinder engine with a power output of 123hp and a maximum torque of 170Nm through a six-speed automatic transmission. With 25% less moving parts than a conventional engine, however, the 1.0-liter turbocharged engine \"is able to deliver higher fuel economy and lower emissions.\"
Ford also introduced numerous technologies into the Fiesta EcoBoost that have never been seen in any of its other vehicles. These include:
* A small but extremely responsive turbocharger that delivers power quickly even at low rpms, virtually eliminating turbo lag;
* An exhaust manifold that is cast into the cylinder head so that the exhaust gases are water-cooled for optimum fuel-to-air ratio across a wider rev band;
* A unique cast iron block that warms the engine quicker, cutting the amount of required \"warm-up\" energy by 50%, thereby increasing fuel economy;
* A split cooling system that has separate thermostats for the cylinder and block for quicker warm-ups; and
* Two main engine drive belts that are immersed in oil, making the engine quieter and more efficient, while the variable oil pump ensures optimal oil pressure across the entire speed range.
\"The new Fiesta continues to raise the bar for small cars in the Philippines,\" said Ford Philippines managing director Kay Hart. \"With the introduction of our latest 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine, we offer customers great fuel economy without sacrificing power and torque.\"
Starting this December, the 1.0-liter Fiesta EcoBoost will be available at Ford Philippines\' showrooms nationwide in six colors--Arctic White, Black Mica, Highlight Silver, Chili Orange, Phantom Purple and Celestial Blue--at P898,000.
You can also test-drive it at the ongoing Auto Focus Motorshow, which will run through the weekend until November 10 at the SM Mall of Asia grounds.