Here are the latest sales figures from local car companies, as compiled by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines, the Association of Vehicle Importers and Distributors and Top Gear Philippines. These are numbers from the month of July, which means the figures you see in the middle were chalked up over a seven-month period.
A few notes on the sales report:
* The order remained virtually unchanged from last month;
* Toyota submitted an incredible tally, perhaps to give itself buffer for the expected slowdown during the Ghost Month (August);
* There are two extremely tight races developing here: Nissan (NMPI) versus Mazda, and Mercedes-Benz versus Lexus;
* Just when you\'re ready to count Isuzu out because of its limited and aging product lineup, it bounces back up again, selling more units (1,094) than it did the previous month (955);
* Peugeot still doesn\'t submit a sales report, although Eurobrands Distributor Inc. marketing and communications director Dong Magsajo told TopGear.com.ph: \"Not yet, but we might soon\";
* As before, PGA Cars continues to get an asterisk for not breaking down its sales total to reflect the separate numbers of its different brands (Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini and Porsche).