While we were all busy celebrating another new year—a new decade, even—Toyota Motor Philippines (TMP) was also busy updating the prices of its current lineup. Unfortunately, the said updates were all increases. Let’s take a closer look here.
First off on the list is the crowd favorite Toyota Hiace. It hasn’t even been a year yet since the people-hauler saw its global premiere here in the Philippines, but TMP has already given it a hefty price increase. The asking price for the Commuter Deluxe variant has been upped by P24,000, while the GL Grandia and GL Grandia Tourer variants have been given P67,000 and P69,000 price bumps, respectively.
2020 Toyota Hiace
- Toyota Hiace Commuter Deluxe MT – P1,634,000
- Toyota Hiace GL Grandia MT – P2,055,000
- Toyota Hiace GL Grandia AT – P2,130,000
- Toyota Hiace GL Grandia Tourer MT – P2,229,000
- Toyota Hiace GL Grandia Tourer AT – P2,304,000
- Toyota Hiace Super Grandia Fabric AT – P2,518,000
- Toyota Hiace Super Grandia Leather AT – P2,608,000
- Toyota Hiace Super Grandia Elite AT – P2,983,000
Next up here is the Hilux. While this trusted Toyota workhorse wasn’t considerably affected by the recent tax reforms that shook the local market, it’ll now get a slight price increase for 2020. All variants—except for the J and the cab-and-chassis—will see their prices go up by P16,000.
2020 Toyota Hilux
- Toyota Hilux 2.4 E 4x2 MT – P1,046,000
- Toyota Hilux 2.4 E 4x4 MT – P1,202,000
- Toyota Hilux 2.4 G 4x2 MT – P1,220,000
- Toyota Hilux 2.4 G 4x2 AT – P1,295,000
- Toyota Hilux 2.8 G 4x4 MT – P1,522,000
- Toyota Hilux 2.8 G 4x4 AT – P1,652,000
- Toyota Hilux 2.4 Conquest 4x2 MT – P1,368,000
- Toyota Hilux 2.4 Conquest 4x2 AT – P1,443,000
- Toyota Hilux 2.8 Conquest 4X4 MT – P1,678,000
- Toyota Hilux 2.8 Conquest 4X4 AT – P1,808,000
The price bump for Toyota’s popular Innova MPV is minor, depending on the variant. The diesel and gasoline-powered J receive P11,000 and P13,000 hikes, respectively, while the top-spec V Diesel AT sees no changes in price at all. Apart from these three, every other Innova variant will get only a P1,000 increase.
2020 Toyota Innova
- Toyota Innova 2.0 J Gasoline MT – P1,036,000
- Toyota Innova 2.0 E Gasoline MT – P1,178,000
- Toyota Innova 2.0 E Gasoline AT – P1,248,000
- Toyota Innova 2.0 G Gasoline AT – P1,320,000
- Toyota Innova 2.0 J Diesel MT – P1,146,000
- Toyota Innova 2.8 E Diesel MT – P1,250,000
- Toyota Innova 2.8 E Diesel AT – P1,320,000
- Toyota Innova 2.8 G Diesel MT – P1,452,000
- Toyota Innova 2.8 G Diesel AT – P1,522,000
- Toyota Innova 2.8 V Diesel AT – P1,679,000
The current Avanza, a refreshed model, was launched in 2019, like the Hiace. Still, it also receives a significant price increase—a P12,000 hike for all variants, to be exact.
2020 Toyota Avanza
- Toyota Avanza 1.3 J MT – P743,000
- Toyota Avanza 1.3 E MT – P876,000
- Toyota Avanza 1.3 E AT – P919,000
- Toyota Avanza 1.5 G MT – P969,000
- Toyota Avanza 1.5 G AT – P1,012,000
- Toyota Avanza 1.5 Veloz AT – P1,077,000
All three variants of the Toyota Yaris get a P10,000 price increase for 2020.
2020 Toyota Yaris
- Toyota Yaris 1.3 E MT – P900,000
- Toyota Yaris 1.3 E CVT – P952,000
- Toyota Yaris 1.5 S – P1,065,000
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser 200
- Toyota Land Cruiser 200 4.5 – P4,569,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser 200 4.5 Premium – P4,935,000
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 4.0 VX Gasoline AT -P3,363,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 3.0 VX Diesel MT – P4,001,000
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 3.0 VX Diesel AT – P4,101,000
2020 Toyota Prius
- Toyota Prius 1.8 Hybrid - P2,339,000
2020 Toyota Prius C
- Toyota Prius C Full Option – P1,970,000
Fortunately, not all vehicles in Toyota’s local lineup will receive price bumps. Retaining their 2019 prices are the Vios, the Wigo, and the Corolla Altis, as well as SUVs and crossovers like the Fortuner, the Rush, the RAV4, and the FJ Cruiser. Other models like the Alphard, the 86, and the Supra get no increases as well.
So that’s that—what say you? What do you think of these price changes?