It’s that time of year again. If you’re going to be one of the countless motorists heading out of town for the All Saints’ and Souls’ holiday, you’ll be glad to know that Petron has your back: The oil company is once again holding its ‘Lakbay Alalay’ Undas operations at major service stations along the country’s busiest expressways.
Miss Earth candidates were also present during the opening ceremony at Petron Marilao on NLEX, and some candidates expressed the need for road-safety awareness. Ms. Portugal (Telma Madeira) said: "There should be programs that promote road safety to kids. Educate them early so they grow up to be better drivers and motorists." Ms. Slovenia (Danijela Burjan) had this to add: "Aside from wearing seatbelts, helmets and doing safety checks on your vehicles, it is also important to have a good attitude in driving. People should be aware that people can die or get hurt from accidents. Always follow the rules. Discipline is very important." Well said, ladies.
Designated Petron stations and their personnel will perform battery, light, water, brake, tire-pressure, and gas checks for travelers who drop by. They will also provide motorists with free parking and traffic assistance, as well as free 15-minute massages and medical checkups at Lakbay Alalay tents. Food and lifestyle partners will also offer free product samples, and restrooms will be kept clean at all times.
Below is a list of participating Petron stations and their schedules:
Wednesday, October 31, from 12pm to 8pm:
- North Luzon: PEC1 NLEX, Marilao Bulacan; Parkville Km 42, Plaridel, Bulacan; Lakeshore NLEX, Mexico, Pampanga; and TPLEX Km 134 Northbound, Pura, Tarlac
- South Luzon: PEC3 SLEX, San Pedro, Laguna; PNCC Km 44 SLEX, Silangan, Cavite; and Star Tollways, Malvar, Batangas
Thursday, November 1, from 7am to 4pm:
- F. Ignacio Station on Dr. A. Santos Avenue, Sucat, Parañaque
Sunday, November 4, from 12pm to 8pm:
- North Luzon: PEC2 NLEX, Bocaue, Bulacan; and TPLEX Km 134 Southbound, Pura, Tarlac
- South Luzon: Star Toll, Lipa City, Batangas; and MATES, SLEX Km 44, Silangan, Cavite
If you need a breather from the Undas 2018 traffic, you know where to drop by. Stay safe out there.