By now, you’ve probably heard about the new Motor Vehicle Inspection System (MVIS) being implemented by the Land Transportation Office (LTO). And most likely, you’re also asking how many private motor vehicle inspection centers (PMVICs) are already operational, and where they’re located.
To recap, these PMVICs will eventually replace the current private emission testing centers that serve motorists looking to renew their vehicle registration. Based on the list we got from an insider, there are currently 17 operational PMVICs that assess light vehicles, motorcycles, and tricycles for roadworthiness under the MVIS.
The government previously announced its plans to erect 138 PMVICs in different parts of the country. Our source claims the number could grow bigger to better accommodate the huge population of vehicles in the country. “There is a phase for an additional 200-plus (PMVICs), but still waiting for guidelines and opening of application for that,” the source added.
List of operational PMVICs as of January 2021
- M2 Car Inc. – Taguig, NCR
- Welcome Export Inc. – Manila, NCR
- IIIA VIS - Valenzuela, NCR
- TQM VIS – Manila, NCR
- QWIK MVIS – Angeles City, Pampanga
- Road Worthy – Laoag City, Ilocos Norte
- Five S – Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija
- Dasca AIC – Dasmariñas City, Cavite
- Key ZMVIC – Municipality of Pili, Camarines Sur
- Naga Starprince – Municipality of Pamplona, Camarines Sur
- HV Testing – Tacloban City
- Panay Quality Motors – Roxas City, Capiz
- Rocket Cargo – Danao City, Cebu
- Rocket Cargo – Mandaue City, Cebu
- Roadready MVIC – Carcar City, Cebu
- Pink Gorilla – Mandaue City, Cebu
- Cojibas PMVIC – Ormoc City, Leyte
The list given to us cites 73 PMVICs listed under the DOTr. The non-operational ones, including facilities in Mindanao, are either undergoing test runs or installing the necessary equipment. As for the 17 facilities listed above, almost all of them have social-media accounts where you can find their exact location and contact details.
NOTE: This article first appeared on TopBikes.ph. Minor edits have been made.