If there's one thing we're sure about President Rodrigo Duterte's upcoming State of the Nation Address on July 23, it's heavy traffic in certain parts of Quezon City. Every year, the SONA attracts not only a multitude of politicians expected to attend, but also activists rallying outside the House of Representatives building at Batasan Complex. The Quezon City Police District and the Department of Transportation have released the traffic rerouting scheme for next Monday's event to help you avoid the potential crazy traffic jams in the area.
The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) will be setting up a counterflow area in Commonwealth Avenue for motorists headed to Batasan Complex from Quezon Memorial Circle. This will start at Commonwealth Avenue's zipper lane fronting Home Depot, and will end at the zipper lane's exit fronting Lido Restaurant (for those headed to IBP Road), and fronting Sandiganbayan (for those headed to Fairview).
Motorists headed northbound to Fairview from Quezon Memorial Circle are advised to take the following alternate route:
1) Turn from Elliptical Road to Quezon Memorial Road.
2) Turn right to North Avenue then right to Mindanao Avenue.
3) Head straight toward Old Sauyo Road.
4) Turn left to Regalado Avenue or Chestnut Street going to Fairlane.
5) Then head towards the place of destination via Commonwealth Avenue.
Motorists headed southbound from Fairview to Quezon Memorial Circle are also advised to take the following alternate route:
1) From Commonwealth Avenue, turn right to Fairlane or Regalado Avenue.
2) Head traight toward Old Sauyo Road.
3) Turn left to Mindanao Avenue.
4) Then head to the place of destination via North Avenue or Visayas Avenue.
NOTE: This article first appeared on Spot.ph. Minor edits have been made.