As Metro Manila eases into general community quarantine (GCQ), the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) announces that it has given an additional 1,333 traditional public utility jeepneys the green light to operate in 23 new routes starting Wednesday, August 26.
These units will be allowed to ply their routes even without a special permit, according to Memorandum Circular 2020-040. Instead, the driver has to display a QR code, which is given to the operator and can be downloaded from the LTFRB website.
Aside from being deemed roadworthy by the agency, the vehicle also has to have a valid Personal Passenger Insurance Policy.
Those on board the jeepney must adhere to COVID-19 protocols set by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases: checking of body temperature, wearing of face masks and face shields, and operating at 50% maximum passenger capacity.
All in all, there will be 13,776 traditional PUVs plying 149 routes under GCQ.
Here are the 23 new routes:
- T132 Napocor Village/NIA Ville – SM North EDSA
- T133 NAPOCOR/NIA Ville – Mindanao Avenue Congressional
- T134 Bagbaguin – Malinta
- T234 Katipunan – Marcos Ave./University Avenue via UP
- T369 Libertad – PRC
- T370 Santol – Pina Avenue via Buenos Aires
- T371 Blumentritt – Divisoria
- T372 Blumentritt – Libertad via Santa Cruz, L. Guinto
- T373 Libertad – Retiro via Mabini, Santa Cruz, L Guinto
- T374 España – Rizal Avenue via Blumenttrit
- T375 Blumentritt – Retiro
- T376 Arroceros – Blumentritt via Dimasalang
- T377 Ayala – P. Burgos/J.P. Rizal
- T378 Baclaran – Blumentritt via Mabini, Santa Cruz
- T379 Baclaran – Blumentritt via Quiapo/Mabini
- T380 Dapitan – Pier South
- T381 Divisoria – Libertad via L. Guinto
- T382 Divisoria – Libertad via Mabini
- T383 Divisoria – TM Kalaw via Jones Bridge
- T384 España – Project 2 and 3 via Timog Avenue
- T385 Project 4 – TM Kalaw via Cubao, E. Rodriguez
- T386 Pier South – Retiro via Sta. Cruz
- T405 Multinational Village – Gate along Imelda Avenue
NOTE: This article first appeared on Reportr.world. Minor edits have been made.