Remember the introduction of the second-generation Hyundai i10 which we reported back in August last year? Well, that car was primarily designed and targeted at European markets. If you're wondering if Hyundai Asia Resources Inc. will bring it in, the answer is both yes and no.
Today, HARI announced the arrival of the Grand i10, which is essentially the second-gen i10 but whose wheelbase is 100mm longer than the standard i10. The Philippine-market units are available with two gasoline engines: a 1.0-liter, 65hp unit and a 1.2-liter, 86hp mill. These engines are mated to either a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic gearbox.
These are the five variants and their introductory prices (yes, expect these to eventually go up soon):
* Grand i10 1.0 E 5MT - P518,000
* Grand i10 1.0 S 5MT - P558,000
* Grand i10 1.0 S 4AT - P588,000
* Grand i10 1.0 L 4AT - P658,000
* Grand i10 1.2 L 4AT - P688,000
Of course, because this car is aimed at a very young demographic, it is being offered with 10 vibrant body colors: Red Passion, Golden Orange, Aqua Blue, Wine Red, Twilight Blue, Star Dust, Silky Beige, Sleek Silver, Pure White and Phantom Black.
If you want to see this new car in the metal, HARI will be touring it around malls starting this weekend. Check out the schedule:
* Robinsons Galleria - February 15-24
* SM Center Las Piñas - February 15-19
* SM City Bicutan - February 15-19
* SM City Marikina - February 15-19
* SM City San Lazaro - February 15-19
* SM City Sucat - February 15-19
* Theatre Mall - February 15-16
* SM Mall of Asia - February 20-26
* SM City North EDSA - February 20-22
* Trinoma - February 21-23
* Glorietta - February 21-23
* Virra Mall - February 21-23
So...how do you find the prices?