1. The third-generation Toyota Prius. Check out TopGear.com.ph's booth to see the first commercially-available hybrid in the country.
2. The electric jeepney. Yep, the Philippines' iconic ride has taken a step towards saving the environment. Check out the e-jeepney developed by Philippine Utility Vehicle, as well as other cool rides like electric bikes, electric tricycle and quadcycle. You can even enjoy a free ride on the e-jeepney from the Cultural Center of the Philippines to the CEL Manila 2009 venue at the World Trade Center.
3. Electric scooters and bikes. Not quite into four-wheelers? Master Atlantic Land Transport Trading, Inc. displays two-wheeled electric rides developed with Chinese technology and refined for the Philippine roads.
4. Cool gadgets. Not knowing where you're going looks a lot cooler when you have a a portable global positioning system device in your car. Check out the units offered by AVT, an in-car video and audio systems provider, and Asian Navigation and Tracking System.
5. Car display. You've probably seen them before: the top-of-the-line Toyota Fortuner, the funky Kia Soul and the new Kia Forte, and Subaru's Forester and Outback, as well as a couple of tricked-out Honda Civics, a Hyundai Starex-turned-rolling-audio/video-showcase, there's even a white blinged-out Hummer H2. But the star of the show, without a doubt, is the 2009 Chevrolet Camaro. Sure, it's in Hugger Orange and not Bumblebee Yellow, but hey, it's brand-spanking-new and you can slightly lean on it to take a picture fit for your Facebook profile.
Continue reading below ↓
Wanna check out the other cool displays before you head off to the CEL Manila 2009 venue? Check out the goodies on Techie.com.ph!