Chevrolet is celebrating the 45th anniversary of the Camaro this year and as per the American carmaker's tradition, the special-edition model to mark the occasion carries all of the latest upgrades to go with the additional design elements that are unique to the vehicle.
The 45th anniversary special-edition Chevrolet Camaro package will be offered for both the 2LT and 2SS trim levels and is also available for both coupe and convertible models. Unique to it is the Carbon Flash Metallic paint job that's capped by a red and silver rally stripe. The anniversary package also includes:
- Unique 45th Anniversary hood and deck stripes;
- 45th Anniversary badges beneath the front fender emblems;
- New-design 20-inch wheels in dark silver;
- Fog lamp and taillamp bezels finished in dark silver;
- RS-style taillamp lenses;
- Standard rear spoiler and HID headlamps;
- Body-color roof molding;
- Jet Black interior with leather-trimmed seats featuring the 45th Anniversary logo;
- White instrument panel and door trim inserts with the 45th Anniversary logo on the instrument panel;
- Red, white and blue stitching on the seats, steering wheel, shift knob/boot, door armrests and console lid; and
- 45th Anniversary logo on the steering wheel and sill plates.
On top of the anniversary package, the special-edition Camaro also gets the same upgrades that will come with the standard, run-of-the-mill 2LT and 2SS models.
For 2011, the 2LT Camaro gets an all-new V6 LFX engine that, despite having the same 3.6-liter displacement as its predecessor, delivers 323hp--11hp more over the current V6 mill--without sacrificing fuel economy.
The 45th anniversary Camaro is also equipped with a new FE4 suspension that has been designed to provide a more refined handling. The end result is more effective body control and more precise response in situations that require performance driving.
For its exterior, the Camaro gets a new rear spoiler as standard. The same goes, too, for the taillamps that, previously, were optional with the RS appearance package.
The Camaro's interior has also been upgraded with a revised instrument panel with new instrument graphics and trim, a new steering wheel that has been ergonomically designed for pefromance driving and a power lift feature for the front passenger seat.
"The appeal of Camaro design and performance has powered it to the top of its segment," said Rick Scheidt, vice president of Chevrolet marketing. "For 2012, we’re capitalizing on that momentum with enhancements to Camaro’s performance and comfort."