We get a lot of inquiries about job openings at Top Gear Philippines, usually from people who may not necessarily love writing as much as they love cars. To these folks, simply having a job that allows them to stay close to the one thing they\'re most passionate about--the automobile--is already good compensation in itself. Unfortunately, we don\'t always have vacant full-time posts (okay, we currently need one staff writer each for the magazine and the website, if you really want to know), so we often just end up reading CVs with regret and a helpless sigh.
Fortunately--at least for those who really just want to work around cars--one car company is now hiring applicants for several positions. Berjaya Auto Philippines, the local distributor of Mazda vehicles, has announced that it now has a few job opportunities. Thing is, most of these openings require previous work experience in the car industry. Then again, if you\'re really good, who knows?
Anyway, here are the open positions:
* Customer relationship manager - \"Management of the CRM team, development of CRM strategy, engagement with customers with the main goal of creating high customer satisfaction. Candidate must enjoy interaction with customers, and hold them with the proper respect and empathy. Education: college degree in Business or related discipline. Professional skills: over three years of experience in a high-performing customer relations company, preferably in the automotive industry.\"
* Technical field specialist - \"Provides technical assistance to dealerships in resolving customers\' technical and quality issues. The specialist also assists in evaluating dealership technical competency and provides the necessary training required. Candidate must have strong knowledge of automotive systems, and practical skills in the use of computer diagnostic equipment. Education: college degree in Business or related discipline. Professional skills: over three years of experience in a high-performing customer relations company, preferably in the automotive industry.\"
* Technical training specialist - \"Responsible for preparing, conducting and evaluating technical training programs. Writes literature and materials to be used in programs, and designs exercises to enhance lectures. Education: college degree in Engineering, Business Administration/Management or related discipline. Professional skills: three years of experience in the automotive industry, preferably in the same line of technical training responsibilities.\"
* Parts pricing analyst - \"Supports development of pricing method and strategy. Education: college degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline. Professional skills: three years of experience in vehicle parts pricing disciplines (pricing principles and techniques, and development, evaluation and implementation of pricing strategy).\"
* Parts supply and logistics specialist - \"Responsible for maintaining efficient parts operations with the main goal of high customer satisfaction. The job includes parts sourcing, parts exporting and parts inventory management, ensuring optimal parts inventory level and mix to meet the customers\' demands. Education: college degree in Business or related discipline. Professional skills: at least three years of experience in an automotive parts department.\"
* Field sales specialist - \"The main liaison person between the company and the dealership in all aspects of sales and marketing functions, including managing dealer business performance. Education: college degree in Business or related discipline. Professional skills: three years of experience in the automotive business. Working knowledge in dealership operations is an advantage.\"
If you\'re wondering if it\'s any good working for Mazda Philippines, let\'s just say the company is on the rise. It\'s a distributor that sold 2,406 units in 2013, its first full year of operation. Not to mention that one of its current models is Top Gear Philippines\' 2013 Car of the Year awardee.
According to Berjaya Auto Philippines, \"interested applicants may e-mail their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 30, 2014.\"
Good luck if you\'re taking your chances.