The ASX crossover, Mitsubishi Motors Philippines' latest addition to its vehicle lineup, recently received a five-star rating for safety--the highest possible score--from the European New Car Assessment Programme.
"ASX was highly rated in all the criteria of adult occupant protection (front, side and rear impacts), child occupant protection, pedestrian protection and safety assist," Mitsubishi Motors Philippines said in a statement.
The Mitsubishi ASX was introduced in the Philippine market in August 2010. Next month, it will receive the an award for being the best two-wheel-drive compact crossover in the Philippine car industry from the Car Awards Group Inc., making it a contender for the 2010/2011 Car of the Year award.
The crossover vehicle, which is sold in other markets as the RVR, has the following safety features:
- Reinforced body RISE (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution) for all- directional impact safety (front, side and rear)
- Front seatbelts utilized force-limiter and pretensioner systems
- SRS airbags for driver and passenger seats
- SRS knee airbag
- SRS side and curtain airbags
- Whiplash-reducing front seats
- ISO-FIX anchorage that certainly secures child seat
- Pedestrian safety protection body
- Active Stability Control (ASC), Antilock Brake System (with Electronic Brake Distribution and Brake Assist) that increases turning and braking performances.
Mitsubishi said the ASX also received a similar result from Australia and New Zealand's Australasian New Car Assessment Progamme, proving its high quality safety performance.